Jump to content

Alpha 20 Dev Diary


madmole

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

@The Fun Pimp @madmole

There's something very wrong happening with this Epic service you added to the game...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/4408466785391459064/

 

You may want to reconsider if Epic is the best option, or at least add a message to notify the players they're off-line. :ohwell:

Well i think adding 7dtd into epic is just bad idea

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a fair point there's not really a lot of room for more T3 weapons as the current ones do pretty much everything you want them to do.  Agility does manage to differentiate well (and archery would if bows weren't so inferior to crossbows).  A Desert Vulture is very different from an SMG, and both are good. I can't really see space for another shotgun or machine gun.  A bolt action .50 cal sniper rifle would provide a meaningful choice, but it would need to be able to one headshot kill demolishers to be useful.  OK if we're having .50 cal then a tripod mounted Browning MG that you need to crouch stationary for 5s before it'll fire, and you can't move without resetting the set up time, might have a use too.

 

It's most likely far to late in the game but with crafting getting divorced from weapon skills in (possibly) A21 there is room to have weapon perks buff fighting styles not gun types - so Str for close range, Per for aimed shots, Agi for rapid/hip firing and Fort for automatic fire bonuses or something.  That would make arming tactics a bit more varied across builds without requiring new guns.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Uncle Al said:

It's a fair point there's not really a lot of room for more T3 weapons as the current ones do pretty much everything you want them to do.  Agility does manage to differentiate well (and archery would if bows weren't so inferior to crossbows).  A Desert Vulture is very different from an SMG, and both are good. I can't really see space for another shotgun or machine gun.  A bolt action .50 cal sniper rifle would provide a meaningful choice, but it would need to be able to one headshot kill demolishers to be useful.  OK if we're having .50 cal then a tripod mounted Browning MG that you need to crouch stationary for 5s before it'll fire, and you can't move without resetting the set up time, might have a use too.

 

It's most likely far to late in the game but with crafting getting divorced from weapon skills in (possibly) A21 there is room to have weapon perks buff fighting styles not gun types - so Str for close range, Per for aimed shots, Agi for rapid/hip firing and Fort for automatic fire bonuses or something.  That would make arming tactics a bit more varied across builds without requiring new guns.

Well it coul be added even 10 smg but perks are problems. you can have few this same tier smg but with diffrences - 1 smg have bigger dmg another one more accuracy another one with speed reload

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

@The Fun Pimp @madmole

There's something very wrong happening with this Epic service you added to the game...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/4408466785391459064/

 

You may want to reconsider if Epic is the best option, or at least add a message to notify the players they're off-line. :ohwell:

 

The whole Epic integration feels rushed, poorly planned, and poorly implemented.  Even down to the incorrect errors that say it is a Steam issue in the game's UI when it is really an Epic issue.

  • Like 6
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Of course you are right, I shouldn't have used the bad "r..." word in that context. It's only useful to upset people around here.

The behaviour of shotguns in 7d2d is just as realistic as it is to live in the zombie apocalypse, carrying a self-constructed motorbike whilst climbing a ladder, not to forget the 6000m³ of wet concrete mix...amongst other things of course. 👍

 

Point is tho that you were using that "realistic" super wide spread of a shotgun to make your point. Using made up "facts" is not gonna help...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Point is tho that you were using that "realistic" super wide spread of a shotgun to make your point. Using made up "facts" is not gonna help...

I already admitted I was wrong, no point in continuing to pick at me.

Sorry again if it helps you to get over it, but now let go.

  • Like 1
  • Have a Cookie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A21 wishlist? I wish I could craft quality 6 tier 2/1 weapons because I can't find them anymore, and the best loot will always be quality 6 tier 3 weapons anyways, so I am okay with only being able to craft quality 5 tier 3 weapons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a weird one.  Only occurring in my main save.  Just recently started not sure what triggered it.  Each time I deploy my drone it takes 17% damage.

I turned on the HP Target Bar so I could see and here is what happens starting with a fully repaired drone.

Drone deploys and I see it start at 100/100.  Have to pay attention or can miss seeing this.

HP bar changes almost immediately to 100/120.

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 83/120

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 69/120

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 58/120

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 48/120

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 40/120

Take drone and deploy again, Drone deploys at 33/120

This will go all the way down to 2/120 where it seems to stop doing it and stay at 2/120.  If I repair it the whole thing starts over (including the brief flash of the 100/100).  I also tried a different drone in that save with the same results.

 

This is happening on one save only.  Tried to reproduce on another save and was unable using all of the same game settings/files/version.

Just to be clear: I am unable to reproduce this in another save.  I am just mentioning it for awareness and in case someone knows what the heck.  I'm near end-game on that save anyway.  I've just been trying to find the last 2 books on that one.

 

 

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX
doubled only. (see edit history)
  • Afraid 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lil_joha said:

What happen to the UPDATE to 20.4 ?

Coming soon. I don't work at tfp but maybe some of the things they wanted to fix with 20.4 are taking longer than expected

 

I wonder if 20.4 will be the last big content update of A20. My guess is the following releases will fix minor bugs and contains small updates that don't need to be kept behind the next alpha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, Jost Amman said:

@The Fun Pimp @madmole

There's something very wrong happening with this Epic service you added to the game...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/0/4408466785391459064/

 

You may want to reconsider if Epic is the best option, or at least add a message to notify the players they're off-line. :ohwell:

@Jugom : I don't understand. What's to facepalm? :confused2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that don't know, EOS is not Epic games, it's a piece of software designed for integrating cross platform gaming so people with xbox and ps can play with pcs. It is not being used at the present but was added for future development. The main issues that I've seen are that it requires the game to be online to function and often times, antivirus software doesn't like it so some folks need to create an exclusion in the antivirus. I think the issue that was posted in the Steam forums happened because EOS went offline for a short period of time. It would be nice for the game to still function if this happens but, as with any new feature, tfp will tweak things for a smoother experience. Give them some time, I'm sure it will be fixed in an update.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I have possibly a nutty idea.

 

Normally, when you spawn in game for the first time, the game has you spawn in the easiest biome (the forest). That's a good idea for most players.

 

But let's say you're not most players. You upped the game difficulty. Maybe you upped it all the way.

 

Would it be possible to specify, in a particular (i.e. RWG) world, that the player spawn points should be related to difficulty settings? If so, would it be possible to modify by world builders? (example: on harder difficulties, you don't spawn in the forest, you spawn in a room in the hospital POI, like the beginning of TWD. That spawn point would be specified by world builders.)

 

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the world generates the spawn points on world creation, so it would have to know from prefabs.xml which entry's "tier" is associated with which biome.

 

It's a good idea. 

 

Oh you edited.  Yeh you can definitely modify it if you are so inclined. 

Edited by Guppycur
Added stuff (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, khzmusik said:

So, I have possibly a nutty idea.

 

Normally, when you spawn in game for the first time, the game has you spawn in the easiest biome (the forest). That's a good idea for most players.

 

But let's say you're not most players. You upped the game difficulty. Maybe you upped it all the way.

 

Would it be possible to specify, in a particular (i.e. RWG) world, that the player spawn points should be related to difficulty settings? If so, would it be possible to modify by world builders? (example: on harder difficulties, you don't spawn in the forest, you spawn in a room in the hospital POI, like the beginning of TWD. That spawn point would be specified by world builders.)

 

 

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Well the world generates the spawn points on world creation, so it would have to know from prefabs.xml which entry's "tier" is associated with which biome.

 

It's a good idea. 

 

Oh you edited.  Yeh you can definitely modify it if you are so inclined. 

Well this sound good but it could be hard to do -  well spawning  in another biom would be easy but spawning in POi not. because you could spawn in floor for example

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

 

Well this sound good but it could be hard to do -  well spawning  in another biom would be easy but spawning in POi not. because you could spawn in floor for example

Not that hard to do when manually editing.  Example if you use this as the spawnpoints.xml on Navezgane, then you'll spawn in a hospital room.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spawnpoints>
  <spawnpoint position="1137,62.2,629.5" rotation="-19,45,0" />
</spawnpoints>

 

?imw=1920&imh=1080

 

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

Not that hard to do when manually editing.  Example if you use this as the spawnpoints.xml on Navezgane, then you'll spawn in a hospital room.

  Hide contents
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spawnpoints>
  <spawnpoint position="1137,62.2,629.5" rotation="-19,45,0" />
</spawnpoints>

 

?imw=1920&imh=1080

 

On Navezgane not in random map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

On Navezgane not in random map

Easy enough to create a list of offsets from a prefabs.xml to generate a spawnlist.  As an example the Navegane Hospital prefab is position="1096,54,586" rotation="2"

So now we know that when a Hospital prefab we have to offset by 41, 8.2, 43.5.   Thus anytime we find a hospital_01 in prefabs.xml with rotation="2" we can take that position, add our offset and the user will spawn in that same room.

 

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX
Still might need adjusting for different rotations, (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Afraid 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

Easy enough to create a list of offsets from a prefabs.xml to generate a spawnlist.  As an example the Navegane Hospital prefab is position="1096,54,586" rotation="2"

So now we know that when a Hospital prefab we have to offset by 41, 8.2, 43.5.   Thus anytime we find a hospital_01 in prefabs.xml with rotation="2" we can take that position, add our offset and the user will spawn in that same room.

 

Okay but what if there is more that few players? so this would be problematic

Ps. i like this idea just i think what can be problem and how to solve this

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...