Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

57 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

"reputation being something like", "builds and then hits a trigger", "aware of you", "come visiting"... theres a snowdog pun in there but i cant quite put it together.

or perhaps i can...

Sir, as I look at your avatar, I should politely remind You, that this is not a dating forum.

@SnowDog1942 is already living its life with @DaVegaNL

*hiding behind the coach*

14 hours ago, Roland said:

Agreed.

you god no.

I don't even remember what i mean. Damn it's sounds like SCP XD

14 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Throwing good and proved rpg formulas into the gameplay to enrich it is always a definitely for me. I thought the team was edgy about wrapping up the tent, but it seems the player will keep enjoying unbelievable beefy alphas for some time yet. Yes, please. No sarcasm. This is the top 1 on many a steam library. And if cash ever runs low, as Matt would say, shut up and take my monkey [in the form of pre-release dlcs (new quests,special zds, POIs, rwg stamps, etc)].

Well this is good idea but to implemented in sequel - 7dtd simple, 7dtd2 complexed. So better to left 7dtd as simple as it is now.

8 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I doubt anyone would want Matt's Monkeys....😅

They are so cute! they love throwing granades! 

8 hours ago, jorbascrumps said:

THIS NEW BANDITS LOOOKS..... .......

GREAT! logical and realistic so i'm rly happy because i think it is very good design good job TFP

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

I don't even remember what i mean. Damn it's sounds like SCP XD

Well this is good idea but to implemented in sequel - 7dtd simple, 7dtd2 complexed. So better to left 7dtd as simple as it is now.

They are so cute! they love throwing granades! 

THIS NEW BANDITS LOOOKS..... .......

GREAT! logical and realistic so i'm rly happy because i think it is very good design good job TFP

There nice but I think they need to be missing a shoe or something...😅

3 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

There nice but I think they need to be missing a shoe or something...😅

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn at least if they will make 7dtd medieval there will be only totaly barefoot or both shoes :angel2:

Damn medieval 7dtd would be perfect

1 minute ago, Roland said:

They are. Which is why I said don't expect it as a guaranteed future feature for this game. They are interested in reputation systems but they could easily punt it to a future game.

Damn i wish @madmole came here and wrote "you will get 7dtd medival" i would be in haven after see this

@Roland @Laz Man i want to here your opinion because you maybe will know how this works on steam ( this could be use for 7dtd too )  :  

Total wars have "blood and gore" paid DLC right? this sounds stupid but it is working that way. A lot of people who play in Total war think this can be connected with PEGI (and similiar systems) and to avoid be banned in some countries because dlc don't count into this system ( this can explain gore dlc for L4D2)?

Because if this is true controversial things like : teens zombies, even more gore and more "controversial" stuff can be added in DLC  full version release because if it is true people from "conservative" countries will not lose access to 7dtd and if someone don't want to have this can just not download dlc

19 hours ago, Roland said:

Keep in mind that reputation was never listed as a goal or stretch goal in the original kickstarter but has been talked about by Madmole several times in the past. That means it could change or even be cut.

So there is the Duke of Navezgane with his minions and Noah with his followers. Through quests and interactions you can build or lose reputation with these factions. Some or all of the traders will  be aligned with one of the two factions meaning your ability to trade may be affected depending on your reputation with a particular faction and who that trader is allied with.

There was also talk about reputation being something like the heat map where it builds and then hits a trigger where the bandits become aware of you and so come visiting.

There is reputation in A20. Do enough quests for the trader and he gives you a large gift basket.

Sure, there could be more ways you could benefit from it, but in essence we already have a basic reputation mechanic

42 minutes ago, Roland said:

They are. Which is why I said don't expect it as a guaranteed future feature for this game. They are interested in reputation systems but they could easily punt it to a future game.

Hey @Roland, I noticed they misspelled "sneak peek" on Twitter.

Right now it reads "sneak peak", unless they're talking about adding stealth for mountains! :confused2:

18 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Throwing good and proved rpg formulas into the gameplay to enrich it is always a definitely for me. I thought the team was edgy about wrapping up the tent, but it seems the player will keep enjoying unbelievable beefy alphas for some time yet. Yes, please. No sarcasm. This is the top 1 on many a steam library. And if cash ever runs low, as Matt would say, shut up and take my monkey [in the form of pre-release dlcs (new quests,special zds, POIs, rwg stamps, etc)].

That would be a good way to collect negative reputation in a different reputation system

I am very unhappy with the ability to repair electric fence posts through arrow slits being removed.I typically place arrow slits above the electric fence line in my horde base walls. it was a tight design allowing for fence posts to be placed side by side down a hallway ant to be repaired from above. not being able to repair or use a wiring tool through the arrow slit will mean having to pick them up to repair them all and then place them back down again. more tedium of this nature = less fun.

The rest of the changes seem good. this is my only complaint so far.

15 minutes ago, meganoth said:

A pre-release DLC is a bad idea.

Tell that to some eastern titles and their crossover oufits and pikachu faceswaps. Also, nobody would resist to buy the soundtrack. Or a silver skin for customizing your soundtrack. Sweet.

10 hours ago, Matt115 said:

@Roland @Laz Man i want to here your opinion because you maybe will know how this works on steam ( this could be use for 7dtd too )  :  

Total wars have "blood and gore" paid DLC right? this sounds stupid but it is working that way. A lot of people who play in Total war think this can be connected with PEGI (and similiar systems) and to avoid be banned in some countries because dlc don't count into this system ( this can explain gore dlc for L4D2)?

Because if this is true controversial things like : teens zombies, even more gore and more "controversial" stuff can be added in DLC  full version release because if it is true people from "conservative" countries will not lose access to 7dtd and if someone don't want to have this can just not download dlc

I don't think the owners particularly want to do child zombies. There's a good chance they wouldn't be in the game even if every country on earth said, "Killing infected children in a video game is perfectly fine by us". You would have to get an answer from Mr Mole directly on whether they would want to use such a loophole to put child zombies in the game once they turn to DLCs.

7 hours ago, Roland said:

I don't think the owners particularly want to do child zombies. There's a good chance they wouldn't be in the game even if every country on earth said, "Killing infected children in a video game is perfectly fine by us". You would have to get an answer from Mr Mole directly on whether they would want to use such a loophole to put child zombies in the game once they turn to DLCs.

I have said it before...instead of "child" zombies...just do little people zombies...fast , small little @%$#s that can hide in so many F'd up places and sneak up on you...

Most people wouldnt have any problems shooting Infected Peter Dinkleberry in the face! ;)