Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

Hey, any Devs or whoever, do you know if the damage display on the blocks larger than 1 voxel is intended, or just bugged. 

Currently, like on the 3x3 blocks, if they are damaged any at all, they look really damage.  What is displayed and how damaged they are seem to be totally different.  They could look almost not damaged and be at like 10% health, or something like that. 

Also, it could be interesting, if the last rank of stealth damage, made it so that bleeding enemies would take some small percentage of sneak attack damage, when hit with a weapon that does said damage.

Bleeding arrows too, but probably OP. 

Hey guys I have a suggestion about the new loot stage modifier hear me out on this but maybe just maybe we could get the loot difference with what we had before I think like a15 to a19? Where the higher the difficulty the higher the gamestsge was which meant better loot I am curious if there would be the same system for loot stage as the difficulty is lower for example scavenger 0.90 adventurer 1 nomad 1.1 warrior 1.2 survivalist 1.3 and insane 1.4 I'm bringing this up as it really made you challenging yourself on higher difficulties pay off but now it seems that loot stage doesn't modify with difficulties but as always thanks guys for all your efforts!

1 hour ago, Callum123456789 said:

Hey guys I have a suggestion about the new loot stage modifier hear me out on this but maybe just maybe we could get the loot difference with what we had before I think like a15 to a19? Where the higher the difficulty the higher the gamestsge was which meant better loot I am curious if there would be the same system for loot stage as the difficulty is lower for example scavenger 0.90 adventurer 1 nomad 1.1 warrior 1.2 survivalist 1.3 and insane 1.4 I'm bringing this up as it really made you challenging yourself on higher difficulties pay off but now it seems that loot stage doesn't modify with difficulties but as always thanks guys for all your efforts!

I know getting better loot is rewarding and all but wouldn't awarding better loot for higher difficulty actually work against the setting being more difficult? People would be like, "I play insane nightmare dead is dead!!!" and then others would be like, "So what. I played insane nightmare dead is dead back when we didn't get an M60 on the second day."

6 hours ago, Roland said:

I know getting better loot is rewarding and all but wouldn't awarding better loot for higher difficulty actually work against the setting being more difficult? People would be like, "I play insane nightmare dead is dead!!!" and then others would be like, "So what. I played insane nightmare dead is dead back when we didn't get an M60 on the second day."

Hmm..... I think junk pistol vs 2 normal zombies on 2 the second day is easier that m60 vs 3 spiders and 2 wights on the second day 

Hello team!, suggestion, special prizes when fulfilling high levels of missions. And with this I point to levels 4 and 5, where they reward you with dukes, or motorcycles, or solar panels, it matters little to you since it is very likely that you have bought them. I mean UNIQUE prizes, something that is not for sale and cannot be manufactured. It can be from a weapon variant, but if they don't want/can maybe Level 7?, or a unique mod, or different equipment/clothes... there are a thousand options. Today after doing 45 missions of all levels, the restart in the last stages is not an encouragement and it should be. It even occurs to me that it could be to unlock a last mission where you have to find a buried POI of a lab/treasure/whatever it is that gives a route at the end of the game... or to continue playing and repeating the experience on another side, or trader etc

And I have another proposal (today I'm on fire...). ok, there are thousands of ways that enabled us to create our bases, the basement doors and roller blinds are a great novelty and are appreciated, but why are the doors not enabled, we went from the wooden door to the metal or steel but we still can't use the doors that we see in the game, I mean the blue metal ones, those of wooden houses but better finish or even the one of the prison (and that it be with movement!). These doors can be obtained with some mods, but the question is... why not in vanilla? 

Edited by GoldsharkROU (see edit history)

And I have another proposal (today I'm on fire...). ok, there are thousands of ways that enabled us to create our bases, the basement doors and roller blinds are a great novelty and are appreciated, but why are the doors not enabled, we went from the wooden door to the metal or steel but we still can't use the doors that we see in the game, I mean the blue metal ones, those of wooden houses but better finish or even the one of the prison (and that it be with movement!). These doors can be obtained with some mods, but the question is... why not in vanilla?

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Hmm..... I think junk pistol vs 2 normal zombies on 2 the second day is easier that m60 vs 3 spiders and 2 wights on the second day 

Yeah, but the point was that junk pistol vs 3 spiders and 2 wights on the second day is the most difficult of all.

Question about Wasteland biome mechanics that feel like changed in a recent update:

Sometimes when in the wasteland at night you get very rapid spawning of zombies which leads to fairly constant combat.  The weird thing is it seems to stop after a while.  Is there a mechanic that controls this and after a period of time spawns turn off?  I enjoy making bases in the wasteland in late game to fight long battles of attrition with the endless zombies, but in the last few releases this seems to stop after the first few nights.  If I go to a new area the rapid spawning seems to come back, but only for that area.

Was this changed or am I just crazy (which is very possible)?

10 hours ago, Roland said:

fair point 

19 hours ago, Matt115 said:

YEP! finally our community know how they work! 

Yes i love skeletons. i like skeletons as long as remember.

There were PS1 racer game with small cars i don't remember how this game was called. Anyway - there were skeleton in cage above lava on one track. I was 6 years old if i good remember. Next there were skeleton in sleeping beauty cartoon. Idk why but i like skeletons.  I'm something wrong with my brain probably because i have a specific eastetic. Double barrel shotguns looks so good. Flak 88 too, I love morgesterns ,  cats, concrate fences, newsstands, wooden elves, spears, hanging bodies, cars from 40S, coca cola glass bottle, playing cards and "logical" - this is hard to express what i mean. Hm... let say you have WW2 game with zombies . well zombies don't exist but i surrfer a  lot when i see japan Type 99 in random bunker. Or hm... lets say there is RPG in witcher style - you know mud everywhere , hanging corpses , burned corpses and crow  eat one of dead villageres. And there main character meet poor orphan thief girl which.... wear high leather shoes and this same clothes like rich trader daughter.  Well at least Merle from A plague tale wear logical simple black clothes and go barefoot (it is much quier that way). Well @Adam the Waster i care a lot about aestetic in movies games books etc. A name of the wind and mistborn have rly good describtions of clothes, places etc and these books rly logical. A plague tale and horizon zero dawn is another example how details matter. That's why DL2 is so painfull for me - well gameplay is rly good but for example -  everywhere on street you can find only  upper halve of skeleton in 2 variants (complet skull and broken skull) . Btw skeletons are very imporant for me in such games - in tomb rider  places with skeletons = it's mean this place is rly old. Fallout skeletons give vibes "it is old and forggoten place"  so i wish so much there were a full ( full i mean complete) skeletons in 7dtd ( i know there is a pile with bloody bones and skull) - let say 3 variants- sitting and 2 lying. I know small detail but i need this so much because it would suit there soooo good!! damn i know this is not something important for 99,9% but for me yes. Damn a skeleton in cage hanging in bandit camp could look so good. I know i know nobody care about that. I wish i would be normal person

Well this depends - in older cods you  could make "crawler" zombies to finish easter eggs . Devs learn about that exploit and... decided to left this as it works. Why? because it wasn't anything bad and it was player's choice. They change this in CW because... well money - ending easter egg give you a lot of EXP. So to finish battle pass you have to - grind, do hard things or.. pay a lot :)

this too much too read, Like IRS paperwork

13 hours ago, Roland said:

Are we already at "Back in the day"?  🤔

1 minute ago, Adam the Waster said:

How about in this format?

• YEP! finally our community know how they work! 
  • Yes i love skeletons. i like skeletons as long as remember.
    • There were PS1 racer game with small cars i don't remember how this game was called. Anyway - there were skeleton in cage above lava on one track. I was 6 years old if i good remember.
    • Next there were skeleton in sleeping beauty cartoon. Idk why but i like skeletons.  I'm something wrong with my brain probably because i have a specific eastetic. Double barrel shotguns looks so good. Flak 88 too, 
  • Ilove morgesterns ,  cats, concrate fences, newsstands, wooden elves, spears, hanging bodies, cars from 40S, coca cola glass bottle, playing cards and "logical" - this is hard to express what i mean.
  • Hm... let say you have WW2 game with zombies . well zombies don't exist but i surrfer a  lot when i see japan Type 99 in random bunker. Or hm... lets say there is RPG in witcher style - you know mud everywhere , hanging corpses , burned corpses and crow  eat one of dead villageres. And there main character meet poor orphan thief girl which.... wear high leather shoes and this same clothes like rich trader daughter.  Well at least Merle from A plague tale wear logical simple black clothes and go barefoot (it is much quier that way).
  • Well NAME REMOVED TO AVOID TAGGING AGAIN i care a lot about aestetic in movies games books etc.
    • A name of the wind and mistborn have rly good describtions of clothes, places etc and these books rly logical.
    • A plague tale and horizon zero dawn is another example how details matter.
  • That's why DL2 is so painfull for me - well gameplay is rly good but for example
    • everywhere on street you can find only  upper halve of skeleton in 2 variants (complet skull and broken skull) .
  • Btw skeletons are very imporant for me in such games -
    • in tomb rider  places with skeletons = it's mean this place is rly old.
    • Fallout skeletons give vibes "it is old and forggoten place" 
    • so i wish so much there were a full ( full i mean complete) skeletons in 7dtd ( i know there is a pile with bloody bones and skull) -
      • let say 3 variants- sitting and 2 lying.
      • I know small detail but i need this so much because it would suit there soooo good!!
      • damn i know this is not something important for 99,9% but for me yes. Damn a skeleton in cage hanging in bandit camp could look so good. I know i know nobody care about that. I wish i would be normal person
  • Well this depends - in older cods you  could make "crawler" zombies to finish easter eggs . Devs learn about that exploit and... decided to left this as it works. Why? because it wasn't anything bad and it was player's choice. They change this in CW because... well money - ending easter egg give you a lot of EXP. So to finish battle pass you have to - grind, do hard things or.. pay a lot :)

Well I tried to make it easier to read.  Lots of jumping around goes on in Matt115's head apparently

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

small fun fact about my : i'm doing  accountant master's studies XD

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Are we already at "Back in the day"?  🤔

How about in this format?

• YEP! finally our community know how they work! 
  • Yes i love skeletons. i like skeletons as long as remember.
    • There were PS1 racer game with small cars i don't remember how this game was called. Anyway - there were skeleton in cage above lava on one track. I was 6 years old if i good remember.
    • Next there were skeleton in sleeping beauty cartoon. Idk why but i like skeletons.  I'm something wrong with my brain probably because i have a specific eastetic. Double barrel shotguns looks so good. Flak 88 too, 
  • Ilove morgesterns ,  cats, concrate fences, newsstands, wooden elves, spears, hanging bodies, cars from 40S, coca cola glass bottle, playing cards and "logical" - this is hard to express what i mean.
  • Hm... let say you have WW2 game with zombies . well zombies don't exist but i surrfer a  lot when i see japan Type 99 in random bunker. Or hm... lets say there is RPG in witcher style - you know mud everywhere , hanging corpses , burned corpses and crow  eat one of dead villageres. And there main character meet poor orphan thief girl which.... wear high leather shoes and this same clothes like rich trader daughter.  Well at least Merle from A plague tale wear logical simple black clothes and go barefoot (it is much quier that way).
  • Well NAME REMOVED TO AVOID TAGGING AGAIN i care a lot about aestetic in movies games books etc.
    • A name of the wind and mistborn have rly good describtions of clothes, places etc and these books rly logical.
    • A plague tale and horizon zero dawn is another example how details matter.
  • That's why DL2 is so painfull for me - well gameplay is rly good but for example
    • everywhere on street you can find only  upper halve of skeleton in 2 variants (complet skull and broken skull) .
  • Btw skeletons are very imporant for me in such games -
    • in tomb rider  places with skeletons = it's mean this place is rly old.
    • Fallout skeletons give vibes "it is old and forggoten place" 
    • so i wish so much there were a full ( full i mean complete) skeletons in 7dtd ( i know there is a pile with bloody bones and skull) -
      • let say 3 variants- sitting and 2 lying.
      • I know small detail but i need this so much because it would suit there soooo good!!
      • damn i know this is not something important for 99,9% but for me yes. Damn a skeleton in cage hanging in bandit camp could look so good. I know i know nobody care about that. I wish i would be normal person
  • Well this depends - in older cods you  could make "crawler" zombies to finish easter eggs . Devs learn about that exploit and... decided to left this as it works. Why? because it wasn't anything bad and it was player's choice. They change this in CW because... well money - ending easter egg give you a lot of EXP. So to finish battle pass you have to - grind, do hard things or.. pay a lot :)

Well I tried to make it easier to read.  Lots of jumping around goes on in Matt115's head apparently

Yes. I'm complicated  XD i'm this Joker of this forum

Btw @BFT2020 THX FOR HELP!!! 

Well so short as it can be : aestetic is important

Btw if anyone have questions about what i think about something you  are freee to ask!

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, MasterGod said:

what graphical and performance changes will there be with the update of "unity", will the version that uses vulkan be working sooner or later thanks to this update? will it run better or has it not been brought forward due to problems?

They can't know, you should probably ask Unity about that. :nerd:

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

They can't know, you should probably ask Unity about that. :nerd:

if i can look it up so can the devs, 7dtd is at least 50 versions behind the latest updated unity version. the version of unity needed to correct the vulkan memory leak issue is just 2-3 minor bug updates from the version that 7dtd is on now.

6 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Well  i don't see any diffrenses between vulkcan and direct so idk why co people are so hyped about that XD

directx is basically  a windows version of glcore that windows decided to make and maintain because glcore has all but been admitted to be abandoned, no updates in 5 years, vulkan has had 45+ updates in the last 2 years, vulkan is the future for now like it or not.

35 minutes ago, DEADFACE said:

Because there is a huge difference between Vulkan and GLCore. Not everybody uses Windows.

exactly, almost twice the performance