Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

1 hour ago, Grandpa Minion said:

ya ya ya, i totally understand you want to be completely comfortable in your own little world not having to worry about the big bad pvp player paying you a visit and collecting taxs. The thing i would like to remind you of is that for years new content keeps getting added which brings more bugs and issues. You want bandits when "real life bandits" already exists and this is what gets frustrating. Look no further than the drone. They added that and how many issues has that caused? My recommendation once again would be to stop focusing on adding stuff untill everything that is already here is fixed.

I agree, but to an extent...

The problem is that "real life bandits" are often accompanied by silly kids, cheaters, griefers and what not.

That's why most players who play SP and would maybe willing to try MP/PvP, are much more comfortable with some well implemented bandits: the bandits will be the perfect challenge where you don't have to depend on luck to find a good server with PvP players behaving like players and not like @%$#s. Also, the other great advantage of an SP challenge, is that you don't have to worry that while you're off-line your base will be raided and all your work destroyed. ;) 

2 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

ya ya ya, i totally understand you want to be completely comfortable in your own little world not having to worry about the big bad pvp player paying you a visit and collecting taxs.

Are you again in the bussiness of telling us what we want? If we are so meek then why should we desire someone in our game "collecting taxes"?

You are like Riley Coyote who wants to convince the Road Runner to please stop running because it would be so much better for him. Quite a silly con if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

The thing i would like to remind you of is that for years new content keeps getting added which brings more bugs and issues. You want bandits when "real life bandits" already exists and this is what gets frustrating. Look no further than the drone. They added that and how many issues has that caused? My recommendation once again would be to stop focusing on adding stuff untill everything that is already here is fixed.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

Look no further than the drone. They added that and how many issues has that caused? My recommendation once again would be to stop focusing on adding stuff untill everything that is already here is fixed.

Here is the way it works. Stuff is added and developed in iterations. We are playing with the very first iteration of drones so, yes, they still need some development. We are playing with the umpteenth iteration of RWG and look how much better it is now than it was when it was first implemented. Over the years there have been some failures and some dead ends and some back-to-the-drawing-boards in relation to the development of RWG but all of the aggregate experience and experimentation has resulted in the best version ever that will carry the game to gold and most likely be the jumping off point of future games that use RWG. 

If we never added anything new because we were afraid that the very first version of it wouldn't be perfect then nothing would get developed. Not everyone is going to agree that the current iterations of each feature are at the best they've been but that's okay. The game is going to be appreciated at different levels by different people in the end no matter what is added or not added. The point is that the developers add things as an initial stab and then they develop it and we get to experience those changes.

Don't want new things to be added or experience (for good or bad) the changes that come? Wait for the final release.

5 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I agree, but to an extent...

The problem is that "real life bandits" are often accompanied by silly kids, cheaters, griefers and what not.

That's why most players who play SP and would maybe willing to try MP/PvP, are much more comfortable with some well implemented bandits: the bandits will be the perfect challenge where you don't have to depend on luck to find a good server with PvP players behaving like players and not like @%$#s. Also, the other great advantage of an SP challenge, is that you don't have to worry that while you're off-line your base will be raided and all your work destroyed. ;) 

Well that's why i hate MP trolls, exploiters etc. 

So i agree with that

45 minutes ago, Roland said:

Here is the way it works. Stuff is added and developed in iterations. We are playing with the very first iteration of drones so, yes, they still need some development. We are playing with the umpteenth iteration of RWG and look how much better it is now than it was when it was first implemented. Over the years there have been some failures and some dead ends and some back-to-the-drawing-boards in relation to the development of RWG but all of the aggregate experience and experimentation has resulted in the best version ever that will carry the game to gold and most likely be the jumping off point of future games that use RWG. 

If we never added anything new because we were afraid that the very first version of it wouldn't be perfect then nothing would get developed. Not everyone is going to agree that the current iterations of each feature are at the best they've been but that's okay. The game is going to be appreciated at different levels by different people in the end no matter what is added or not added. The point is that the developers add things as an initial stab and then they develop it and we get to experience those changes.

Don't want new things to be added or experience (for good or bad) the changes that come? Wait for the final release.

Honestly i just agree with you roland . Well some things sounds better "in mind" so i'm glad we can "influence" on this - well hornets were bad idea i'm rly glad that were scrapped

9 hours ago, Vedui said:

A player happily throws away his life just to grief another player, knowing he can respawn. A bandit would not do such a thing.

'You obviously don't understand that the loss of one bandit is irrelevant, Mr. Anderson.

There are more of him everywhere. Like the endless copies of myself, and my analogues 'the zombies,' we are inevitable.

- Agent Smith.'

Just found that weird note mysteriously appeared - stuck on my 'must reply to' list 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Beelzebubs Ghost (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Strange, the Mayans had predicted this would happen on 2/2/22... :confused2:

WORK-IN-PROGRESS PLEASE BE PATIENT :)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

I wonder if the Mayans played games about the hypothetical end of their civilization like we do.

Fortunatly they didn't know about tiktok and fortnite so they had just happy life (except tribal wars, plages, moon eclipses, hispanic conquistadors.....).

Damn zombie outbreake in rly live be like :

props: 

+no tik tok, 

+ no fortnite

+ kiling zombies in the best possible graphic

cons

- longer time bettween each alpha ( this is hard to programing and kiling zombies in this same time)

- @SnowDog1942 doing strange things with zombies

No worthy. I missed something?

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Roland said:

And this is practically the basic and inevitable concept of development/research/evolution/...mankind.

Strange that it has to be explained over and over again.

23 horas atrás, Roland disse:

É assim que funciona. O material é adicionado e desenvolvido em iterações. Estamos brincando com a primeira iteração de drones, então, sim, eles ainda precisam de algum desenvolvimento. Estamos brincando com a enésima iteração do RWG e veja como é muito melhor agora do que era quando foi implementada pela primeira vez. Ao longo dos anos houve algumas falhas e alguns becos sem saída e alguns back-to-the-drawing-boards em relação ao desenvolvimento do RWG, mas toda a experiência agregada e experimentação resultou na melhor versão de sempre que levará o jogo ao ouro e provavelmente será o ponto de partida de jogos futuros que usam RWG.

Se nunca adicionamos nada novo porque temíamos que a primeira versão não seria perfeita, então nada seria desenvolvido. Nem todos concordarão que as iterações atuais de cada recurso estão no melhor que foram, mas tudo bem. O jogo será apreciado em diferentes níveis por pessoas diferentes no final, não importa o que seja adicionado ou não adicionado. A questão é que os desenvolvedores adicionam as coisas como uma facada inicial e então elas a desenvolvem e nós começamos a experimentar essas mudanças.

Não quer que coisas novas sejam adicionadas ou experimentem (para o bem ou para o mal) as mudanças que vêm? Aguarde a liberação final.

Mas, e em uma questão de desempenho? Algo está sendo feito?

On 2/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, Roland said:

Unfortunately, im not a young man like you i don't have another 5+ years to wait for final release. However my recommendation was never about time although you decided to make it about time. My recommendation was to stop adding new stuff and focus on what is already here but once again you only seem to hear what you want to while disreguarding the obvious. 

On 2/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, Grandpa Minion said:

ya ya ya, i totally understand you want to be completely comfortable in your own little world not having to worry about the big bad pvp player paying you a visit and collecting taxs. The thing i would like to remind you of is that for years new content keeps getting added which brings more bugs and issues. You want bandits when "real life bandits" already exists and this is what gets frustrating. Look no further than the drone. They added that and how many issues has that caused? My recommendation once again would be to stop focusing on adding stuff untill everything that is already here is fixed.

Like I said, probably in their next game. 

If I want this style of game with pvp, I am just going to play rust, which I do at times, lel. 

They would probably have to almost remake the game, at this point, to make the pvp work well. 

Unfortunately, im not a young man like you i don't have another 5+ years to wait for final release. However my recommendation was never about time although you decided to make it about time. My recommendation was to stop adding new stuff and focus on what is already here but once again you only seem to hear what you want to while disreguarding the obvious. 

lol…ironic post award goes to you…

Your recommendation  had nothing to do with time.  It had to do with your ignorance about how development works. You demonstrated your ignorance by your suggestion. 

My response also wasn’t about time. It had to do with educating you about how development works so you might be able to avoid posting things like “They should stop adding new features and just fix what they’ve got”

I wasn’t insinuating that you were impatient for the game to be finished when I told you to wait, I was letting you know that the method of development that I described and that TFP has been following will continue into the future. 

PvP does not equal or fulfill the promised feature of bandits and TFP isn’t going to stop adding the rest of the promised features they need to complete the game for it to be considered done in their eyes. 

Thanks for the suggestion but no. Bandits will go in and they will be rudimentary at first and someone like you will possibly point at that and exclaim “See! They suck!! We just need good PVP!!!!”

But everyone else who understands early access and the development process will be excited to see the first version of the bandits and enjoy seeing how they develop. 

Well we have to wait another 50+ for HL3 so don't give up so early  XD

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

Your recommendation  had nothing to do with time.  It had to do with your ignorance about how development works. You demonstrated your ignorance by your suggestion. 

My response also wasn’t about time. It had to do with educating you about how development works so you might be able to avoid posting things like “They should stop adding new features and just fix what they’ve got”

I wasn’t insinuating that you were impatient for the game to be finished when I told you to wait, I was letting you know that the method of development that I described and that TFP has been following will continue into the future. 

PvP does not equal or fulfill the promised feature of bandits and TFP isn’t going to stop adding the rest of the promised features they need to complete the game for it to be considered done in their eyes. 

Well  @Roland  this guy idea sounds for my like : " do only what you promise and  after that just make fixes only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well  honesty this is even too much  higher tier of complaining that my 0.O

29 minutes ago, Roland said:

But everyone else who understands early access and the development process will be excited to see the first version of the bandits and enjoy seeing how they develop. 

Well i can't agree in this point roland . I understand early access but... i will not be excited about bandits because.... humans enemies in game s**k. Well years ago i liked this idea but now...  i played a lot of zombie games with humans enemies  DL 1&2, dead rising 2 , dead island, dead space 3 ( necroforms are  zombies too), call of duty ( yep in AW on one zombie map you have to fight with humans too). And in everythis game humans enemies were boring or annoing. only good enemies with guns were infected from re4,5,6- they were not zombie and not humans in this same time so they were mutated, could use guns but they were stupid as hell ( they were controled by pararite). Another game were nza trylogy but there you have special heavy zombie with mg42 or stupid zombies who just radomly shot without aiming. So in my opinion bandits can't be done good... because they can't be done right . I can write long post why but i don't think that someone would read this because it could be boring

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Indeed. PvP is nothing like bandits. If I go into a POI with 10 bandits waiting for me, I expect to win. If I enter a POI with 10 players in it, I expect to die.

I want to be the hero of the world and overcome a variety of obstacles. Players need to be evenly matched to be fair, so you will not be overcoming many of them unless you are a pro and most of us are not.

15 minutes ago, faatal said:

Indeed. PvP is nothing like bandits. If I go into a POI with 10 bandits waiting for me, I expect to win. If I enter a POI with 10 players in it, I expect to die.

I want to be the hero of the world and overcome a variety of obstacles. Players need to be evenly matched to be fair, so you will not be overcoming many of them unless you are a pro and most of us are not.

Well not always @faatal - 7dtd is quiet bad to example here because... we don't have bandits now so i will give some diffrent games as example. In cod it much much easier to get 17 killstreak in multiplayer but it much harder to end hardest diffculty campaing.  But this is nothing bad - in good stalker mods you can expect if you see few bandits that you are dead if you don't have good stuff. 

I honestly don't know what do you guys want. Some things looks like you want something in walking dead style - nobody is a hero, you are  just another random guy who manage to survive longer that most of people. Some things are  just... mad max with zombies.  I feel confused

If you have a moment : could you explain what setting you guys want to get and  what games ,movies etc  are yours inspiration?

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Thanks for the suggestion but no. Bandits will go in and they will be rudimentary at first and someone like you will possibly point at that and exclaim “See! They suck!! We just need good PVP!!!!”

IDK what bandits will be like when we get them, but in a previous thread I have already day dreamed about all the exciting possibilities bandits bring to the game and the 7 Days To Die design space, so what ever form they come in in A21, I will be excited for our first look at them and also there future iterations and implementations

This is another day dream idea, but what if you the first time you get killed by the bandits and instead of respawning at your bedroll you respawn in the prison POI and your quest would be to break out, find recover your gear and escape.

Edited by POCKET951
typo (see edit history)