Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

Looking awesome. :D

1 hour ago, dcsobral said:

I mean, I like the walkways, crossing signs and street lights but what's the use? There's a bunch of zombies jaywalking!

That's what the zombie cops are for. ;)

So this leaves the zombie lab assistant, military zombie, and the OG farmer (the one with the bald egg yellow head and the overalls). They can't do much with the spider zombie. The cowboy, cheerleader, and football player are being removed. Can't think of any others at the moment...

Kind of disappointing that all the formerly larger, more intimidating zombies like Big Momma and now, as it looks like, the Lumberjack are all being downsized, but for pathing reasons I suppose it needs to be done? Question mark?

Please provide a setting to allow for strictly HOLD TO ADS or strictly TOGGLE ADS.

The current implementation of hold/toggle ADS in this game is terrible. There is a reason basically no other FPS games have this incredibly clunky hybrid system. Please at least give an option/setting to allow for an explicit hold to ADS, or toggle ADS. Please. I love this game but this specific function, that one has to perform thousands of times is not user friendly. It physically pains me every time I press the right mouse button for the wrong amount of time and get the wrong behavior. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Thank you for your time. ❤️

@Gazz question  about downtown : there will be milliatary post for example on crossroads , primitive barricades , metal fences, abadoned evac points on the roads ?

like :

B RRRRRR   B

B RRRRRR   B

B barricade B

B RRRRRRR B

B RRRRRRR B

The op states there are over a 100 new POI's coming.  That is awesome but somewhat unclear.  I do not know how many we have now but I would think that means you are doubling what we have valuable now or am I underestimating the number of poi that are currently in the game?  Anyone know how many there are now?

Are some of those T5 type POI's too?  If every other POI is a new one for me to explore, that is going to fundamentally change my game experience, almost like playing the first time!

Can any dev comment on the QoL changes or changes in general for Stun Baton? Are any even on the table? As someone who started a new A19.5 run with the explicit intention to do a Stun Baton character . . . yeah . . .

IMO, you shouldn't need to have candy + a book only mod + an entire perk line + your junk turrets going all combined to basically just let the junk turrets do what they would already have done anyway. I couldn't even get a single stun baton for the entire first week, which made the build very sad as well, so I'm hoping it gets some drop rate changes to actually be usable as a starting weapon as I'm pretty sure damage wise it's out damaged by a stone axe rofl

On 6/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

@faatal Is audio getting an update for A20? 

Music is being worked on, but don't think sounds are getting major changes.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, KindaCringe said:

@faatal is there any indication of car textures being added/reworked in A20?

Vehicles textures have been changed, so they can be tinted by dyes.

@faatal why aren't there anymore wandering hordes? That really really made the game a lot of fun. I remember in one of my first playthroughs and it was night and I got outside my base and a RUNNING horde of zombies came towards me and I was scared as heck but it was so cool to also encounter wandering hordes it made it also a challenge.

7 hours ago, Burrfly said:

@faatal why aren't there anymore wandering hordes? That really really made the game a lot of fun. I remember in one of my first playthroughs and it was night and I got outside my base and a RUNNING horde of zombies came towards me and I was scared as heck but it was so cool to also encounter wandering hordes it made it also a challenge.

Wandering hordes should not be changed. They are random, so perhaps you are just randomly getting none.

7 minutes ago, faatal said:

Wandering hordes should not be changed. They are random, so perhaps you are just randomly getting none.

Also, you changed them in A17 to possibly walk somewhat nearby a player but not necessarily directly toward the player. There are hordes going unnoticed by people for sure. I bet with the A20 zombie sense slider toggled to max, more of those nearby wandering hordes will notice the player and thus more players will notice more of the wandering hordes.

5 hours ago, faatal said:

Wow, okay, then I was completely wrong. Thank you for your answer, it's really nice that it hasn't been removed then. 

I'm thinking this was addressed awhile back but don't remember the answer.....is the smell mechanic ever going to make a reappearance or was it taken out for a reason?

Like when you're holding rotten flesh, raw meat, or even cooked meat, etc. Was kind of a cool thing in the game in my opinion, an additional threat. Especially with all the animals we have now.

8 hours ago, faatal said:

There is any planes of something like alarm to lure zombie hordes? Because it could be rly fun if  Speaker could respawn zombie hordes nearby 

I just found this picture of me in 2045 after a Saturday night party:

E3TkEDWX0AMdJ0A?format=jpg&name=large

It just can't get any better than this, I like this sweet detail a lot. Imagine it sitting in a chair so you can see him from behind, and then he turns and suddenly stands up to greet you. Ah, the nightmares.

Archived