Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

8 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

*sniffs*

you smell bacon?

I really hope that this zombie in ALPHA 20 will get immunity from being ignited by melee weapons and from Molotov cocktails.
It looks very strange that this zombie is taking fire damage. 🤨
Bleeding for this zombie also looks inappropriate )

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

*sniffs*

you smell bacon?

Good job.... but you guys seem to have completely lost the sense of reality... (yes, of course it is appropriate in your game).

But it doesn't scare or give an atmosphere. It's just cuuul. Add more fire - to make it more absurd. Maybe then it will work...

I liked the one that was earlier - it had crooked fingers, his skin was burned and it looked like a... victim...

I just think that - despite the fact that it "luuuks cuuul" -  it's already quite bored... now there are many games with similar art - you have lost your charm.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Survager said:

I really hope that this zombie in ALPHA 20 will get immunity from being ignited by melee weapons and from Molotov cocktails.
It looks very strange that this zombie is taking fire damage. 🤨
Bleeding for this zombie also looks inappropriate )

The accordance here no longer makes any sense. Any -  is suitable. :)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Burnt zombie is well made, but as stated, looks more like something you would see in an Elder Scrolls game or something. If it were still burning that brightly it would fall apart if it took a hit or tried to hit you. Lol.

I think a super charred, black, crispy looking zed with a little smoke coming off of him would look better. Maybe have a tiny bit of embers on his hands to sell it when he sets you on fire. :)

7 hours ago, Kirill_226RUS said:

@faatal, does 7 Days To Die support Nvidia's MFAA anti-aliasing, and does it have any effect in terms of fps and anti-aliasing quality?

Probably no. We support what Unity supports in the built in rendering pipeline except for TAA. Maybe someday for TAA.

Burnt zombie depends on how you’re role playing the game personally. For me I imagine the forest is still on fire in places and I do know that some coals and wood can continue to remain hot and in that sort of glowy red for several days.

on the other hand say it’s been several years after the fire has finished then yea he would just look charcoally. But then again the forest wouldn’t be still smoking  

Edited by DarlingCows (see edit history)

On 6/10/2021 at 5:41 AM, Adam the Waster said:

*sniffs*

you smell bacon?

it is not clear only why it glows from the inside. is he a demon or a lava golem or is he still on fire? I think he must just be burnt like a coal in some places

They won't all be glowing and on fire. The original one that was shown a few months back is the regular burnt zombie, the glowing one is a higher tier and the ignited one is highest. It sort of aligns with normal -> Feral -> irradiated.

I've played with the normal ones and although they are the weakest of the three, they are super creepy and hard to see in the dark. I've experienced more jump scares from them than any other zombie because in dark interiors they are easy to miss skeletal creepy nightmares. These new guys will be tougher to kill but hard to miss seeing in the dark.

54 minutes ago, Roland said:

They won't all be glowing and on fire. The original one that was shown a few months back is the regular burnt zombie, the glowing one is a higher tier and the ignited one is highest. It sort of aligns with normal -> Feral -> irradiated.

I've played with the normal ones and although they are the weakest of the three, they are super creepy and hard to see in the dark. I've experienced more jump scares from them than any other zombie because in dark interiors they are easy to miss skeletal creepy nightmares. These new guys will be tougher to kill but hard to miss seeing in the dark.

That makes a bit more sense then. Thanks for the clarification. :)

I like the idea of them being ninjas in the dark. Lol.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

okay, I am liking it more

The layout of the Towns/Cities(?) is very good news!  Making things seem more logical is a huge step forward!

Thanks guys for continuing the great endeavor that is 7D2D!! 

(Looking forward to New York City 7D2D Part 2, or any random big city for that matter!  It looks like you guys are building the foundations for it.

Or am I wrong?)

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Roland said:

Thx for making that clear! It makes sense that way.

My first thought when I saw those new models was:

"Ok next reveal will be the new tier one pipe wand, with which we can block the fireballs the new skeleton fire mage zombie is summoning at us".

(I also expected Adam to photoshop according different coloured versions of the zombie with poison damage, ice damage and arcane damage)

But now I can sleep well again, phew.

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

A Something More Serious Question about vehicles. 😛 soz i had to lol.

Being the noob that i am and always will be. Is it possible or planned to have cars differ in speed in anyway shape or form?

I know there are mods for this. BUT i am a noob lol i am asking if there is a way to make it easier for server owners to increase speed of cars beyond what is possible atm.

I know there is concerns of lag and falling through the world or the jitter bugs as i have seen this in the past.

However, If you have the right hardware, Network speed and player side is also good enough to match the host,

you can get some pretty insane speed going with out issues.

Will it be possible to have cars adjustable server side knowing the risk of possible issues?

I mean i wanna go from driving miss daisy to Fast and Furious off a mountain just to see how far i can jump before i die, packing 3 other screaming players along with me as i drive us to our deaths.

I just wanna be able to edit this like i do for weapon damage in xmls.

I dream of one day again having a race for my gaming group.

Something like we did back in alpha 13. but to have real speed and skill needed to win.

@ faatal

The question I think about is when the food model can correspond to the type of food, rather than always a piece of meat.

And I like wet  concrete, which means you can’t repair buildings in battle.

And I think Fixture -> Concrete -> Steel will not be too troublesome.

Edited by Roland
Add word (see edit history)

Hi @faatal ! Is there anything known about how often different types of zombies will appear in the world? For example, I am glad that the zombie lumberjack will appear not only in the snow biome. What about, for example, a football player and a cheerleader? Earlier, @madmole said that they will be removed from the game, because their appearance is only possible at school or at the stadium. But maybe devs will change the models and make them more possible? BigMama appears only inside buildings, the farmer can rarely be found in the world etc... so many players think that there are too few zombies in the game, although there are about 25 types. This is a lot! So you could just equalize the chances of appearing in the world. Can we hope for that? 🙂

@The Dev who's Working on the Drone:

someone posted these interesting questions on Steam... :nerd:

question 1. what can the drone do once you have built one?
question 2. can you build more than one drone?
question 3. can you have more than one drone follow you
question 4. what is its function?
question 5. how long does his battery last and how can you recharge it?
question 6. how do the zombies react to the drone when it is shooting zombies? or how they generally react when they see the drone?
question 7. does the drone have mods? if so how many and which mods
question 8. does the drone have built-in or mod cammera with which you can use the drone to explore the environment

Thanks

Edited by Roland
less clicks is better (see edit history)

I have a question

Would it be possible to add a check box in the prefab creator so we can save our own custom prefabs

in a way that would allow them to be used in random generated maps?

Having to go in, and purposely drop them in my maps feels cheaty for 2 reasons

1) I can put it where-ever I want, i know where its location is; kills the random gen mystery

2) map editing a game im playing or about to play. Ill be able to see the locations of everything else too while im looking

to put in my prefab.

My thought is this:

- create prefab

- check box in prefab editor that reads something like [ ] Allow prefab in random maps

- fill in a few boxes and drops downs "prefab type" and "chance to spawn" and maybe "biome selection IE: all, winter, wasteland, etc"

- then check box in "new game" when making a new random map  [ ] Use custom prefabs in this map

(optional?) and maybe. just maybe a box "[ ] this prefab is a trader"

- if it fits critera like, having the trader NPC it can spawn replacing one of the defaults.

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • Roland locked this topic