Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Also, to conclude this "bloated ammo" topic (I'm not trying to perpetuate here, but I may have the answer), I have been seeing content creators being offered quest rewards from the trader consisting of hundreds of each type of ammo (200 9mm, 120 shotgun shells, etc.); this is already a thing in A18 and with the removal of armor, tools, and weapons from T1 quests in A19, these ammo rewards will be quite a bit more common. Due to this unbalance (which is already known with the traders and will most likely be fixed in A20 or something), this is where the content creators are probably getting a bulk of their ammo, or at least some of them. So if you want to, you can just ignore these ammo rewards.

Okay, discussion over now. :)

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think it’s pretty random. I’ve gotten a pistol and an AK as my first.

Oh...and a stun baton too but.....you know....

Honestly I tend to sell shotguns and shells early game as a couple blundies on the belt are more than adequate and ammo is much easier to craft. Yes there is lots of shotgun ammo to be found but TFP plans to nerf that soon. 

Then it seems to be one of those, "If you get it early on, good for you, but if you don't, you'll be fine and you won't be skipping a little bit of progression" sorts of things, which is fine imo. :) I thought it was just double barrel shotguns.

Why sell the early game shotguns when you can scrap them for parts? Or do people not use shotgun turrets anymore, idk. 😛

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

That part might be an oversight on the loot table since all the content creators I've seen so far have been getting them exclusively from bags and backpacks early on, but I won't discuss this further until I've had a chance to play it myself/it's confirmed or denied. If this is an issue and is fixed by Monday or in a future patch though, then I personally wouldn't be surprised, since finding a double barrel on day 1 replaces all blunderbusses except maybe a T5 or T6 blunderbuss.

I hope you are right and we see a more random chance between:  9mm Pistol, 7.62 Hunting rifle and Double barrel shotgun.

So all ammo types can have a chance at being useful.

2 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

I hope you are right and we see a more random chance between:  9mm Pistol, 7.62 Hunting rifle and Double barrel shotgun.

So all ammo types can have a chance at being useful.

We'll see on Tuesday. :)

Also, disappearing spears are still a thing in build A19 b152; don't know if this has been patched or not after that, but here you go. 😛

Timestamp included.

We are less then 24 hours away from having A19 released to public!  So what are all of you going to do first when you get your hands on it?  Hopefully not some snowdog ritual... 🤣

I think I am going to gen an 8k RWG map for our rented server and manually spawn in a few custom prefabs for our groups first world.  I think I can't resist and will probably do a perception / Intelligence build again... :)

12 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

We are less then 24 hours away from having A19 released to public!  So what are all of you going to do first when you get your hands on it?  Hopefully not some snowdog ritual... 🤣

I think I am going to gen an 8k RWG map for our rented server and manually spawn in a few custom prefabs for our groups first world.  I think I can't resist and will probably do a perception / Intelligence build again... :)

Well I'm thinking of going around and asking TFP to delay the release until Tuesday instead. It's a crime to be excited for something on a Monday! 🤣

In all seriousness though, I've cancelled all appointments and I've marked each day on my calendar as "7D2D hype train" for the next 6 months.

In all real seriousness though, I'm planning on a Strength world; clubs and shotguns.

"Shameless self plug" (is advertising threads made by yourself on the 7D2D forums allowed if it's on topic?; if not, sorry!), but I've made this thread yesterday where we can all congregate and discuss A19 without clogging up the dev diary. :)

EDIT: It's located here: 

P.S. I'll start off in a creative test world testing things just as the bedrock height in A19, what the contents of treasures are early game, if the infinite water trick still works, what RNG worlds look like on the previewer, etc., and then I'll start my first survival world. I'm calling it "Rebirth", and after that world, I'll start another which will be the "second season" of IceFire. :)

11 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Well I'm thinking of going around and asking TFP to delay the release until Tuesday instead. It's a crime to be excited for something on a Monday! 🤣

In all seriousness though, I've cancelled all appointments and I've marked each day on my calendar as "7D2D hype train" for the next 6 months.

In all real seriousness though, I'm planning on a Strength world; clubs and shotguns.

"Shameless self plug" (is advertising threads made by yourself on the 7D2D forums allowed if it's on topic?; if not, sorry!), but I've made this thread yesterday where we can all congregate and discuss A19 without clogging up the dev diary. :)

EDIT: It's located here: 

P.S. I'll start off in a creative test world testing things just as the bedrock height in A19, what the contents of treasures are early game, if the infinite water trick still works, what RNG worlds look like on the previewer, etc., and then I'll start my first survival world. I'm calling it "Rebirth", and after that world, I'll start another which will be the "second season" of IceFire. :)

Well its 6pm 29th of June in Australia......that's a Tuesday for us :P and we still don't have it....what good is it if we live in the future, and don't get any of the benefits :(

1 minute ago, uRsOuL said:

Well its 6pm 29th of June in Australia......that's a Tuesday for us 😛 and we still don't have it....what good is it if we live in the future, and don't get any of the benefits :(

Looks like you'll be getting it on a Wednesday then if my plans succeed. ;)

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Btw...I just noticed Gazz turned in a change to reduce ammo drops in loot during the early game. 

Thank you streamer weekend!

Nice!  Was it gamesparks analytics or was it Jawoodle's over the top reactions? 🤣

5 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Nice!  Was it gamesparks analytics or was it Jawoodle's over the top reactions? 🤣

What weighed the heaviest was our lead QA's opinion. ;)

I haven't even seen Jawoodle but I'm sure his reaction was over the top period. =P

1 minute ago, Laz Man said:

I just hope the ammo doesn't get replaced with stone arrows LOL...

Stone arrows? Are you crazy?  You'll get a sharp rock and you'll like it!

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

What's that needed for? I've never needed to do that in past alpha updates

occassionally, somethings have remained behind and caused glitches. it is just the safest way to prevent that. sinc alpha 9, I have had it glitch 3 times going from a new alpha. usually from old maps left behind

3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

What weighed the heaviest was our lead QA's opinion. ;)

I haven't even seen Jawoodle but I'm sure his reaction was over the top period. =P

Stone arrows? Are you crazy?  You'll get a sharp rock and you'll like it!

46o6c6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aldranon said:

A pre-sharpened rock so early???  

I guess I can m** all the easy stuff out.  :)

1. You said the banned word. 😛 Censor it before madmole sees it!

2. I honestly might play 120 minute days for the first few days in my world just so I can spend time to stare in awe at the lovely new visuals. 🤣

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

1. You said the banned word. 😛 Censor it before madmole sees it!

2. I honestly might play 120 minute days for the first few days in my world just so I can spend time to stare in awe at the lovely new visuals. 🤣

resist the urge!  Try 60 minute first for the vanilla challenge and then do 90 later.

14 hours ago, Khalagar said:

Yep, the downfall of the streamer weekend. I've even seen a few streamers say it should have been released for streamers on like Wed and then Friday for everyone else so people could play over the weekend

When the streamers get it has zero bearing on when we get it. We will not get it right before a weekend. TFP wants all staff on duty for bug fixes etc when the release happens. It will not happen before a weekend, period.

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived