Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

11 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

Guys would you all just chill?

All that criticism and those scares of minor bugs you saw somewhere in the Streams or that bad bad Junk Sledge:

Experimental is not even out. Within the next 24h its very likely that you can play it and if thats the case you fill out proper Bug Reports. just dont contribute to the hysteria here :D

Sure there are some bugs to fix, some balance to do. Its experimental after all. It will be fixed, it will be balanced for Stable release.

In Pimps we Trust.

Don't you get it? It's the end of the world as we know it! We're doomed! DOOMED, I TELL YOU!

In all seriousness though, I'll try to keep my cool about it. Thanks for the tap on the shoulder. :)

OUTDATED: To anyone who might know this (this is for a semi-unrelated experiment I'm about to conduct), I want to ask you, does the length of day influence days alive (for gamestage). Ex. Will I get less gamestage through days alive if I'm playing on 10 minute days vs, say, the default of 60 minute days? Or will it result in the same amount of gamestage received since the days are still actually passing?

UPDATE: So according to the changelog, the player difficulty will no longer influence the rate at which your gamestage increases. If this remains true, then I've found out what difficulty they've went for to be the default. Grand Spartan was on day 21 and was at level 37 and at a gamestage of 62 (minus a few points because he died twice) in one of this recent A19 streams. I put myself on adventurer difficulty on a creative test world in A18, got myself up to level 37 on the nose, and set it under DM to x496 speed so that days only lasted a couple minutes, and waited around until day 21. My gamestage ended at 66, similar to Grand Spartans, and because I had no deaths in that world, it worked out. It seems that in A19, your gamestage will increase at an equal rate as if you were on Adventurer difficulty in A18, which is the semi-new default difficult. That's one mystery solved.

41 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

All that criticism and those scares of minor bugs you saw somewhere in the Streams or that bad bad Junk Sledge:

Experimental is not even out. Within the next 24h its very likely that you can play it and if thats the case you fill out proper Bug Reports. just dont contribute to the hysteria here :D

Sure there are some bugs to fix, some balance to do. Its experimental after all. It will be fixed, it will be balanced for Stable release.

In Pimps we Trust.

Wheres the fun in that?

14 minutes ago, Ryfyle said:

56 minutes ago, Guppys Fur said:

In Pimps we Trust.

I wish i had the ability to mute accounts from the feed.

39 minutes ago, Ryfyle said:

Wheres the fun in that?

Because discussions don't belong here. There is a Discussion thread. Shocking I know. They are looking for feedback from people who have actually played the game. I know another shocker.

1 hour ago, pregnable said:

Hopefully the blunderbuss is staying in the game, now that people understand that it is good/fun. 

Blunderbus just became the most important primitive stage weapon in the game. It’s not going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, pregnable said:

Hopefully the blunderbuss is staying in the game, now that people understand that it is good/fun. 

Huh? It was never in doubt, why would they remove it

40 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

remember for tomorrow to do a full cleaning on 7dtd.

What's that needed for? I've never needed to do that in past alpha updates

14 minutes ago, xiiMaRcLeoN said:

Can't play 7 Days to Die today as I wait for A19.

That was always going to be true regardless of whatever happened this weekend. It was either wait with nothing to watch or wait with stuff to watch. But the waiting part was a lock. 

2 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

Huh? It was never in doubt, why would they remove it

TFP talked about it for a while back in A19's early development, since they saw no use for it. Then they spitballed that they could turn the blunderbuss into a type of grenade launcher. And well, here we are now.

2 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

What's that needed for? I've never needed to do that in past alpha updates

Doing a full clean using the game launcher is recommended. It certainly doesn’t hurt and it is a great way to make sure there are no remnants of past versions gumming up the works. 

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Blunderbus just became the most important primitive stage weapon in the game. It’s not going anywhere. 

That is great news! 

I also saw that (so far) a double barrel shotgun is often the first tier-1 weapon a player gets.

If this is the plan, then a trend in character building could happen, I already know what my first character will look like. 

Maybe a more random "first tier-1 weapon" chance would be better.

Just now, Aldranon said:

That is great news! 

I also saw that (so far) a double barrel shotgun is often the first tier-1 weapon a player gets.

If this is the plan, then a trend in character building could happen, I already know what my first character will look like. 

Maybe a more random "first tier-1 weapon" chance would be better.

That part might be an oversight on the loot table since all the content creators I've seen so far have been getting them exclusively from bags and backpacks early on, but I won't discuss this further until I've had a chance to play it myself/it's confirmed or denied. If this is an issue and is fixed by Monday or in a future patch though, then I personally wouldn't be surprised, since finding a double barrel on day 1 replaces all blunderbusses except maybe a T5 or T6 blunderbuss.

I think it’s pretty random. I’ve gotten a pistol and an AK as my first.

Oh...and a stun baton too but.....you know....

Honestly I tend to sell shotguns and shells early game as a couple blundies on the belt are more than adequate and ammo is much easier to craft. Yes there is lots of shotgun ammo to be found but TFP plans to nerf that soon. 

Archived