Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

I don't see why not. Cool video btw :)

Thanks. Sometimes you gotta take a leap of faith. ;)

Edit: I'm reckless, I admit it. I do stupid stuff but in a smart manner. But I personally believe that in 7D2D I cannot possibly be killed, that I am invincible. Trust me, that mindset takes you far. ;) Fun Pimps, I dare you, I welcome you, introduce something in A19 - anything - that will get me killed. Trust me, it won't work, but it'll be cute all the same. :)

(I kid, I kid. But no, I cannot die. ;) )

RE: mug, I don't think people associate primitive shapes with our game, that is minecraft's thing. So I don't see any special value in a custom voxel shaped mug. We don't really profit from our merchandise anyway its more about advertising for the game. Between Amazon, staff etc there isn't any profits in it, so pursuing a voxel mug would be a waste of money.

We want to be able to define sub biome sizes, that would affect the splat maps if a different ground texture was used.

Understood,

The cube mug was just a thought how to produce a working model

from what was in a prior post. The real thought was about the

hollow 7Days Zombie mug. The reason I called it a sippy cup is

because with the elaborate shape, it would need a straw to allow

vacuum relief for filling from the top, a way to easily draw

the fluid back out,and a medium for balance. If you remove the

monetization, the rest points toward advertising, if you had a

say a Trader Jen A19 version, 3d model mug, it would be uniquely

7 Days to die. Enough of those sitting on a streamer's or forum

member's desk, especially if it had Thermochromics Leuco Dye, is

at the least advertising, and will at most probably be replicated.

"When life gives you lemons, Build a lemonade stand" was used as a

double entendre. Making the most of any given situation.

Without meaning to sound funny, Think of the old water bong design.

Those were popular as ♥️♥️♥️♥️, but well balance for the elongated shape.

So without a full spoiler, are you planning a substantial expansion

to the quantity of the terrain textures?

read the first post. if its not there its not in A19

Of course there will be. Dont give such Statements if youre not part of the staff. MM said numerous Times that there will be new Prefabs or at least revisited ones.

Think alone about the clothing racks show a few weeks ago. They didnt create that for nothing^^

Perk tree reduction

Many non combat perks didn't feel like they were worth investing into or the cost was too great for what they offered, so many perks are being reduced to 3 ranks instead of 5.

Lucky Looter: removed all digging bonuses.

New perception perk: Treasure Hunter: Become one of the greatest treasure hunters of all time learning tricks that would even make Blackbeard envious. Rank 1: Plunderer Narrow down treasure locations to 7 meters and find 10% more items in buried treasure. Rank 2: Maurader: 5 meters and 20% more items. Treasure Hunter: 3 meters and 30% more items.

The Infiltrator, Animal Tracker, The Penetrator, Lockpicking, Sexual Rex, Well Insulated, Living off the Land, Rule #1 Cardio, Run and Gun, Flurry of Blows, Parkour, Hidden Strike, From the Shadows, Daring Adventurer, Charismatic Nature, Physician will all have reductions or changes made to them. Yeah science will be removed and its perks distributed to others.

What happens to the current Perks / Skills, specifically the points already invested in them, when upgrading from 18.x to 19 ?

Thanks. Sometimes you gotta take a leap of faith. ;)

Edit: I'm reckless, I admit it. I do stupid stuff but in a smart manner. But I personally believe that in 7D2D I cannot possibly be killed, that I am invincible. Trust me, that mindset takes you far. ;) Fun Pimps, I dare you, I welcome you, introduce something in A19 - anything - that will get me killed. Trust me, it won't work, but it'll be cute all the same. :)

(I kid, I kid. But no, I cannot die. ;) )

Sounds like you need to tweak the difficulty & run settings.

What happens to the current Perks / Skills, specifically the points already invested in them, when upgrading from 18.x to 19 ?

You start new game, and delete all saves/data from previous alphas to avoid bugs/crashes. Or you continue to play A18 until you feel ready to start again in new version. I doubt that you could even load a save from A18 to A19 without 24652323 errors.

Already did. In my current world the difficulty is currently Survivalist and zombies always sprint during the day. (Changed it on day 30-ish.)

Nightmare, make them do more block damage, remove air drops, etc. Come on man, don't be boasting crazy things when there is still plenty of head room to make it harder :)

There is no upgrading, you start a new character as always with any major alpha release.

I see. I'm new here, only been playing since 18.x so I've never experienced a major version upgrade.

It kinda sucks now that I know this.

I don't feel like investing in building any more. I'm just going to lose it all :-(

Nightmare, make them do more block damage, remove air drops, etc. Come on man, don't be boasting crazy things when there is still plenty of head room to make it harder :)

Oh I leave air drops on, but only so I can collect them on day 80 or so for a day; that way, I won't need anything that they will provide, but it's an entertaining experience nonetheless. ;)

200% block damage is my default. I could go higher... ;)

Don't tempt me. I will tempt the reaper. I'll do it. And I'm not boasting. After all these years, I think 7 Days To Die still has a soft spot for me in its cold dead heart, and wants me to live. ;)

*Coughs* We need radiated molotov-puking chickens *coughs*

I see. I'm new here, only been playing since 18.x so I've never experienced a major version upgrade.

I don't feel like investing in building any more. I'm just going to lose it all :-(

As someone who has started over 100+ times I can tell you that you get used to it and even come to enjoy the early game struggle. Enjoy the journey. Build to get the job done and wait for gold to build extravagant complexes if losing them is soul crushing. I used to build extravagantly in Alpha 6 and 7 and 8....and then wised up.

Looking forward to the perk tree reduction. Hoping Gazz has it to where I can 1 shot a basic zombie with a headshot, on nomad with a thrown tier 5 stone spear, with spear mastery maxed out.

That would be a fun and cost effective ranged killer for low stress situations. Although if the zombie lag attack changes work, I might just use melee instead in multiplayer. Too laggy with some of my friends atm.

If not I will just use bows. The intelligence melee turret sounds interesting though.

I still think it would be funny if rock throwing damage became a thing. It looks almost too funny when you hit a zombie in the head with one not to be a thing.

Either way, now I will finally be able to justify getting parkour maxed on all my builds. Word.

The majority of the fun of the game is surviving from nothing to self sufficency....so restarts not only allows players to experience all of the new changes/features but also that thrill only one gets from the beginning.

However, I do understand the feeling of loss especially for builders of elaborate structures that have taken a huge amount of time to build.

One recommendation I can offer is to export any of your builds to prefab file which you can "potentially" import into a future game save. I emphasize potentially because there is no guarantee that the exported prefab will be compatible.

For Alpha 19, I plan on exporting buildings for folks on our MP server and trying to import them. This will mostly be for nostalgia/comfort purposes as using said bases for horde nights would ruin the urgency of the impending horde nights...

Edit: It is also worth mentioning you dont have to upgrade to A19 right away (leave the game set to A18) so you can continue to enjoy your A18 game for a long while still.

Most people never used it, and it was just busy work upgrading blocks endlessly. We'll add more interesting late game depth than that.

I'm just going to address the first part. Steel polish was only available from Traders. Traders stocked like 30 at a time (if it was even available at all) and blocks required 10 to upgrade. If it was something you even wanted players to use, you sure weren't putting your best foot forward.

Any chance we will ever see shields for offhand slot? Or bandaging other players? I think a cool role would be to have a heavy armor shield wearing medic to block doorways in an emergency or support other players while clearing a house. Also, maybe standing floor torches? To illuminate open spaces or the middle of rooms.

Any chance we will ever see shields for offhand slot? Or bandaging other players? I think a cool role would be to have a heavy armor shield wearing medic to block doorways in an emergency or support other players while clearing a house. Also, maybe standing floor torches? To illuminate open spaces or the middle of rooms.

youcan bandage players. use the clicker that doesnt heal yourself lol

I apologize if I'm asking already answered questions, and I'll to to keep it short:

- Any plans to make the game able to support "clustering" of servers, so that 1 server could have a map, and another have a different map ( maybe just a biome or 2 for each map) and players could hop to the other map when they got to the end of one (and keep their stuff while traveling)? Basically supporting "infinite" map size. I know it could be clunky. Just curious if this is ever a "thing" anyone's thinking of.

- Any plans to have the game "officially" support "a lot" of players on 1 map? I believe the last I read the game is likely only made to support for 8? players at a time ( more like "friends and family" games vs "MMO"). I know people have set up servers to handle more. Just wondering if an *official* target for number of players per server/map has been locked down for good or if it may expand a lot in some later version.

- Any new "mechanics" planned beyond the junk drone? It seems whenever "newer" content comes out (since I've been playing) it has always expanded on the mechanics of the game, even if just a little bit. Specifically: We had auto aiming turrets, but now we have a junk turret (with a laser sight) we can carry/and place/move (I think its overpowered right now, but its cool). We had flying creatures, now we will soon have a flying "creation" that can follow/help us. Same with the bicycle: we had a minibike (and other "similar" vehicles were added) and now we have a bicycle and the limbs move as it moves. We had explosives, now we have "placeable, timed explosives". I see a lot of discussion over new weapons and recipes things (rebalancing perks and expanding how existing stuff works, which is great), just curious if something totally new was way out there and can be talked about. Like: players can lose limbs and live (craft a peg leg, etc), players die and can choose to play as zombies on respawn, etc.

Archived