Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

Dear Mr Mole,

The Corona Virus is a serious problem, and it is very Important to keep as many people in Isolation as possible. You as a developer of a very good home entertainment can help here. A single release of a new version of "7 days to die" will keep people of the street for weeks! Even the anouncement glues them to their seats at home.

Help Amerika, help the World, fight Corona Mr Mole.

Release the Kraken!

:glee:

Dear Mr Mole,

The Corona Virus is a serious problem, and it is very Important to keep as many people in Isolation as possible. You as a developer of a very good home entertainment can help here. A single release of a new version of "7 days to die" will keep people of the street for weeks! Even the anouncement glues them to their seats at home.

Help Amerika, help the World, fight Corona Mr Mole.

Release the Kraken!

:glee:

the kraken is still a fish egg, wait til it hatches first

Yes the blood bag is only obtainable through looting, and yes the sewing kit is required for many other items. So this can make things harder for multiplayer. Yeah a little more re-balancing may be needed, but perhaps they could follow some logic in how medical works, and add a different item other than the sewing kit that can only be looted. Hence why I suggested a Tourniquet which is something that is actually used for bleeds during emergency situations.

You can still stop the bleeding when it occurs with a simple bandage, but that doesn't stop it from randomly bleeding again like a proper med kit does. Its like a broken leg, until you apply some sort of proper first aid its going to be a problem.

Added this to the first post:

Trader to trader quests

After graduating to the next quest tier traders offer a special quest that will take you to the next trader.

Sounds awesome!

I'm hoping that the number of quests you need to complete to advance to the next tier will be increased then. (Maybe 10-12.) Currently there's little time to settle into the current tier, and with this mechanic, then we'd unlock all/most of the traders on the map exceptionally quickly.

Sounds awesome!

I'm hoping that the number of quests you need to complete to advance to the next tier will be increased then. (Maybe 10-12.) Currently there's little time to settle into the current tier, and with this mechanic, then we'd unlock all/most of the traders on the map exceptionally quickly.

That is assuming you are willing to travel that far and have the luxury of time. I pretty much stay in one area until I get a vehicle and a base up and I'm ready for the horde, then I start traveling with spare time.

That is assuming you are willing to travel that far and have the luxury of time. I pretty much stay in one area until I get a vehicle and a base up and I'm ready for the horde, then I start traveling with spare time.

It seems we have two similar but nonetheless different playstyles then. Nothing wrong with that, perhaps I could learn from yours. (:

Edit: I keep on forgetting that 90 minute days is not default. Lol Perhaps I'll go with mostly default settings (ie day length) once A19 hits in the coming months.

Trader to trader quests

After graduating to the next quest tier traders offer a special quest that will take you to the next trader.

<gets out torch and pitchfork>

Wait! That's... that's actually a great idea.

<puts away torch and pitchfork>

Trader to trader quests

Oh yes, finally. What if there are more than 5 traders? Are we still directed to de next one after a bunch of quests?

Also, Tier 1 buried supplies quest doesn't give anything to the player admin in Multiplayer other than the supplies, but it still does give that overthetop seed/food recipe reward to the client.

I would be served with the promised quest tier list and that balance problem tweaked.

Buried supplies tier 1 shouldn't give much. Maybe 1 or 2 cans. Because It's easy money reward and no threat.I think if we get a solid threat in the future and not 3 easy avoidable Zds, reward could be tweaked to previous levels.

Trader to trader quests

Awesome. Do you know if we have to level each one up individually (preferred) or if it's like now where you level up one trader and they all are. It used to be you level a trader individually which led to more things to do late game. It was also incentive for making sub bases close to this trader so you didn't have to travel so much. It was kind of awesome. Now they all level up at the same time which is convenient but boring.

Along with the new books for spears, are we going to see mods for them? For example, provided they make fire damage better I'd love to see Molotov spears like you can fasten together in Forest.

you mean the burning mod? I use it on my spear. it isnt just for clubs, you can put it on blades too

Trader to trader quests

That makes sense and is awesome!!!

How about a Trade request like "I know a trader that seriously needs 20 glue. If you get the stuff and bring it to him he will pay you well" And than it´s like the starter Quest first collect 20 glue (or whatever), than you get the lokation of the trader....

• Roland locked this topic
  • Roland unlocked this topic
  • Roland locked and unpinned this topic

Archived