Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Even flags aren't the best.

For barely any extra code, I'd opt in for an NPC around the area saying "that house you're looking for is 3 houses down on the left. Look for the purple car out front". Giving the NPC more use, especially at such a low cost of code or time is the best immersion and use for them, otherwise you put them in for only a few small features, spending all that time on them, for very little use or reward from them.

Coding the purple car is optional, but again, that stands out if there are very few purple cars in the game.

Alternatively, use some sleuthing skills.

Trader: We know Madmole had the package last. He lives in a three-storey house at the edge of town, he has a pimp purple limousine, he walks to the gym every day.

Conclusion: He lives close to a gym at the edge of town. The limo would be too obvious, but had to make the pun at MM. :tongue-new:

Madmole has his own 1200 sq foot gym and drives a Hellcat.

That new female zombie you added in A18? (I still don't know what her profession is... Nurse assistance, scientist, technician...)

New zombie you say................ *strokes beard & thinking* Sure its not the female doctor zombie, not sure what she is called. Not the nurse zombie but the other female doctor zombie added in A17.

Madmole has his own 1200 sq foot gym and drives a Hellcat.

I had to google what a hellcat is, daaaamn. I like a lot :)

I so want to comment on the gym but I'm not exactly sure how much info you have released to the public so for privacy concerns I wont. I have an idea though and, if you really had an entire gym built ....bravo for the dedication to your body

New zombie you say................ *strokes beard & thinking* Sure its not the female doctor zombie, not sure what she is called. Not the nurse zombie but the other female doctor zombie added in A17.

Sorry, I meant A17, not A18. My bad. :p But you know, she's the zombie that can be found, for example, in the hospital. When you take her head off, it just magically vanishes, no drama included. :p

You'd be surprised how effective that is.

I recently watched a stream where some players used a apartment building as a temporary horde base. Each of these players had at least a gamestage of 200. They just knocked the floor out of the first and second floors and replaced it with iron bars. They then placed spikes on the bottom floor.

The building was badly damaged, but it wasn't supposed to last more than a horde.

That sounds like a significant investment.

Nice, I like small touches like these.

It's a bigger touch for perception class players on higher gamestages. I recently tested how much ammunition I would consume if I did quests with my shotgun instead of the club and my crossbow. I have consumed about 300 shotgun shells on default settings with gamestage 500 at a tier 5 quest.

At the moment you can carry 250 shotgun shells per slot. 300 rounds would be 3 slots instead of 2 slots for 500 rounds if the stacksize is the same as for 7,62mm.

With 7,62mm the difference is even bigger. Here you can currently carry 500 bullets per slot. That would be 4 additional slots which will be used if you want to carry the same amount of ammunition. Quite a difference.

This change will not please perception players who like to loot. The book becomes essential for these players.

I had to google what a hellcat is, daaaamn. I like a lot :)

I so want to comment on the gym but I'm not exactly sure how much info you have released to the public so for privacy concerns I wont. I have an idea though and, if you really had an entire gym built ....bravo for the dedication to your body

You sound very dedicated to his body. =)

Thanks man, I had a blast playing it! After they breached my ramp bars I was like oh ♥♥♥♥, and my brain is already working on some additions to my base to prepare for the next horde night. Hopefully will have a better M60.

You'll definitely share day 84, right? Please say yes!

Thanks! Yeah they never got even close to me before, I just had Gazz turn up how many guys total spawn so before I'd mow em down and be collecting loot by midnight or one, I wanted zeds all night plus I turned up block damage on ferals so this was my first test with those settings and it was epic! I haven't had an intense game like this since A11. I can't wait for you guys to get your hands on, this is glorious.

Is Gazz the name of the Duke? Because the way I pretend it. The Duke breeds zombies until every 7th day, he releases them, all honed in to your scent. That guy hates you, man! Probably a good thing you don't remember what happened before waking up on day 1.

I doubt it, I don't think he's god tier or anything, If you shoot his sweet spot he blows up, end of him. His fists if left unattended are what do mass damage, and AFAIK he gets buffed from minions like the rest of them. So I'm glad one didn't come to the back of my base and destroy my courtyard or knock my back door down while I was fighting zeds on the front yard.

The shooting then he blows up is the problem. Is he holding a (un)dead-mans switch? If he reached your last door, what could you have done? Your chests were two meters away, is the blast radius one meter?

I plan playing the game vanilla, at least twice. But the Demo man feels trollish to me. I'm pretty sure he will not be apart of my game for long.

Exactly. A speed slider exists for a reason, people. :p IMO, on nightmare speed, zombies should be as fast or even faster than the player (maybe not all zombies, but the smaller types certainly), and leave sprint as their default, slower setting. Just my opinion.

I think I read somewhere that it was actually intended that nightmare speed is faster than the player. Apparently that's a bug.

Is Gazz the name of the Duke? Because the way I pretend it. The Duke breeds zombies until every 7th day, he releases them, all honed in to your scent. That guy hates you, man! Probably a good thing you don't remember what happened before waking up on day 1.

The Duke liked LBD and you were the one shoving cactus up his ass.

(This was not a metaphor Snow Dog)

My base is reinforced concrete with 2 deep spike trench by the wall, multiple oh ♥♥♥♥ rooms and choke points. I'd have turrets but I can't find any SMG parts to craft them.

But its up to you, I'm good with guns, so that is my thing, you can build more advanced bases, I never had a need. Depends if you hate grinding for ammo and personal preference. This base is not optimal since its got a bunch of fancy pretty stuff that is non functional. I might build a new multi horde tower like I used in previous alphas (a11 era) or wait til next game and see how it holds up, now that its actually needed.

It will be cool too see several different feasible approaches to horde night based on book/perk/attritubue choices. If that can be attained then I would think that game balance is heading in the right direction. 😎

For example:

1) heavy gun spec

2) heavy trap spec

3) explosions spec

4) builder spec.

Etc.

LOL He puts me to shame, damned these cursed chicken legs of mine! *runs away crying*

Worry not, the genetic similarity between chickens and humans is 60%. Similar with bananas and humans ~60%.

P.S. Don`t be so confused, we share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees. And around 60% of the fruit fly, which lives for a day or something.

But we have the spark that makes us self aware when needed. If no need of change, you are good.

Archived