Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It will be cool too see several different feasible approaches to horde night based on book/perk/attritubue choices. If that can be attained then I would think that game balance is heading in the right direction. ��

For example:

1) heavy gun spec

2) heavy trap spec

3) explosions spec

4) builder spec.

What is a builder spec? A builder still needs to somehow incur lethal damage to the zombies and concrete alone won't do it.

The thing I do not understand concerning evading bloodmoon is, do people not understand that if someone wants to evade it they can just log off the server till BM is over with. Anyways I just had to throw that out there. I will not say anything else about this as it has already been addressed.

"Things People Wonder and Worry About"

+ No level cap for A18

+ No Learn by Doing in A18

+ No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18 <-----------

+ No Behemoth or Ziplines in A18

Talking about being able to outrun zombies on nightmare speed. Don't think anyone said anything about the BM, but on what you said about it: yes people can evade everything if they stop playing the game. Your point?

Talking about being able to outrun zombies on nightmare speed. Don't think anyone said anything about the BM, but on what you said about it: yes people can evade everything if they stop playing the game. Your point?

ahhhh Good catch. My bad I thought we were talking about out running zombies during BM. I stand corrected thank you.

What is a builder spec? A builder still needs to somehow incur lethal damage to the zombies and concrete alone won't do it.

It was just an example. Maybe a builder spec. and trap. Spec are the same thing. Or maybe they can be different...

Imagine if as a builder spef. you can build more with less required resources (excluding traps). For example, able to build 4 concrete walls vs. 2 without the spec. Or perhaps a top tier durability block only accessible to the builder spec.

Imagination at work here. 😅

Wow, I have a treat for you guys.... I recorded day 77 and it was super intense! Sorry no behemoth spawned, but I promise you some crazy action. I will need to farm 2k rounds for the next horde and have another m60 on my belt :) Uploading now.

Here you go:

I really love the ragdoll effects - the knock-back tumble is pretty sweet!

I was sorely disappointed though to see that you used a long-standing clipping bug to cheese a kill - many of us have been hoping for ages that this bug would be fixed. :(

?t=926

-A

Madmole:

Do headshots no longer do additional damage, or do you just not do them?

Also, for game play vids, can you lower the game sounds and increase your volume? Thanks!

Lastly, can you show a screenshot of your character skill page? You were getting wailed on and hardly taking any damage...

Thats to bad. Hmmmm I wonder what he thinks of the game at this stage.

Thank you Tom for looking the way you do. Zombie_Concep_Tom-_Clark_sm.jpg

Yeah, that's him. Wow! He looks scarier in real life in that pose.

You should see him in that video when they are setting up the computer scan.

ahhhh Good catch. My bad I thought we were talking about out running zombies during BM. I stand corrected thank you.

Sure, it's cool, wouldn't want to start yet another discussion about "No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18", which involves whether the BM horde should be mandatory or not, if enabled, and in general a lot more other than the player being able to outrun a zombie on a certain speed setting.

I think there needs to a be a slight change in how we are referring to the hordes.

Although they are mostly referred to as Zombies, they seem to be evolving (purposefully i might add) into more along the lines of the ‘infected’ from I Am Legend (the Will Smith film, sometimes the names are changed in other countries :p). They are definitely more intelligent than what is commonly thought a zombie would be, and from the last couple of Alphas, they appear to be learning.

Just my random thought for the day :p

Sure, it's cool, wouldn't want to start yet another discussion about "No Blood Moon escape prevention in A18", which involves whether the BM horde should be mandatory or not, if enabled, and in general a lot more other than the player being able to outrun a zombie on a certain speed setting.

I have no idea what you are talking about but best of luck to you, take care dude.

I think there needs to a be a slight change in how we are referring to the hordes.

Although they are mostly referred to as Zombies, they seem to be evolving (purposefully i might add) into more along the lines of the ‘infected’ from I Am Legend (the Will Smith film, sometimes the names are changed in other countries :p). They are definitely more intelligent than what is commonly thought a zombie would be, and from the last couple of Alphas, they appear to be learning.

Just my random thought for the day :p

I've forgotten all the specifics and details, and I'm not bothered to go look them up (lol), but the "origins of zombies" in folklore can be traced back to necromancy, I believe. They were mindless beings with an intense hatred for anything living. (And their name did roughly translate into "zombie".) While the origins of the zombies in 7D2D did not stem from magic-based practices, this is just a friendly reminder to everyone that different variants on zombies exist, and not all of them are mindless, brain dead walking beings. :p Even definitions on the classic zombie vary.

I've forgotten all the specifics and details, and I'm not bothered to go look them up (lol), but the "origins of zombies" in folklore can be traced back to necromancy, I believe. They were mindless beings with an intense hatred for anything living. (And their name did roughly translate into "zombie".) While the origins of the zombies in 7D2D did not stem from magic-based practices, this is just a friendly reminder to everyone that different variants on zombies exist, and not all of them are mindless, brain dead walking beings. :p Even definitions on the classic zombie vary.

I thought zombies come from the bible, specifically 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." lol just joking.

Cool horde night, looking forward to those :)

Your damage resistance just worries me a bit. You're playing a tank build, sure, but the amount of damage you're Not taking while a zombie gnaws on your ankle for 15 hits (well, 13 before you notice him).. that feels a bit too strong, you're just ignoring the poor fella :)

Also the radiated Arlene got a swing in at around 7:50, causing a worrisome 5 HP loss. That's around 30 hits to get you dead, so, it would take being stunned by a group of about 10 rads to actually die to them, playing disciplined.

If I'd guess based on A17 balancing, I'd assume it's armor balance that's a bit out of whack. Hope you'd check that. 90% damage reduction feels fantastic until you realise ferals are doing 2 damage (out of 200) while you can still outmaneuver them.

Hey madmole. I'm curious if you have rounded electricity. Are there more changes except the extra lights you added back in?

Just the light tweaks and a few lights I added for players to craft, schematics to unlock them if you don't want to buy the electrician perk.

I thought zombies come from the bible, specifically 1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the LORD himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." lol just joking.

I think that is supposed to translate into the player going into God Mode, calling upon F6, and raising the undead through omniscient means. ;)

I had to google what a hellcat is, daaaamn. I like a lot :)

I so want to comment on the gym but I'm not exactly sure how much info you have released to the public so for privacy concerns I wont. I have an idea though and, if you really had an entire gym built ....bravo for the dedication to your body

Its awesome, rubber floor mostly hammer strength machines, free weights, dumbbells up to 100 pounds, treadmill, MMA bag and mats. Thanks guys.

It's a bigger touch for perception class players on higher gamestages. I recently tested how much ammunition I would consume if I did quests with my shotgun instead of the club and my crossbow. I have consumed about 300 shotgun shells on default settings with gamestage 500 at a tier 5 quest.

At the moment you can carry 250 shotgun shells per slot. 300 rounds would be 3 slots instead of 2 slots for 500 rounds if the stacksize is the same as for 7,62mm.

With 7,62mm the difference is even bigger. Here you can currently carry 500 bullets per slot. That would be 4 additional slots which will be used if you want to carry the same amount of ammunition. Quite a difference.

This change will not please perception players who like to loot. The book becomes essential for these players.

You can carry 500 rounds in one slot once you can craft the bundles, open them as needed. Perception is rocket launchers too, just sayin.

Archived