Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

How is the Behemoth and tamable wolf coming along? Those are two features I’m looking forward too.

This is something I'm quite interested in, I know that the Behemoth has been put on the back-burner for now (or it's not being added at all?), but we have yet to get any news on taming wolves. Having a pet/companion in the game can really make things interesting and fun, not to mention things a bit easier.

In discussing the crafting of gear getting tied to the relevant perk among my MP group we were wondering if the ability to make the ammo for weapon types will be tied to the same perk? For example if I have the gunslinger perk so I can make pistols will that also allow me to make the ammo for them or will that still be tie to some other stat/perk?

Just wanted to chime in that the biting animation is pretty awesome.

Yep.. why we don't see it in play until both harms are gone is beyond me. Even at level 99, its a rare zombie that has more than one limb gone before dying.

Yep.. why we don't see it in play until both harms are gone is beyond me. Even at level 99, its a rare zombie that has more than one limb gone before dying.

Because dismemberment is broken in A17 but won't be in A18.

Was doing some testing w blade traps earlier today in 17.2 and was seeing a fair amount of limbs flying. So if anyone is really jonesing... :)

Joe, thanks for showing the biting animation, quite cool & agree would be neat to see it mixed in even if a z still has arm/s.

Hi. Im new here. I have some questions to confirm if its coming to A18.

Hi MM. Is the mods for vehicles is available in A18?

And the flamethrower turret in the A17 artwork, instead of a turret can you make it a makeshift flamethrower weapon?

Keep up the good work!

I can see the argument that average player will not experience the game more than a few hours - an average, and thus the content should cater to make those few hours as polished as possible.

But the whole other part is awareness: how do players get to know the game?

And that will be to a large part seeing content-creators on Youtube messing about.

And for them to continue keeping the game in the spotlight, late-game content is required. (Together with supporting mods and letting players use god-mode features to mess around)

-> its basically how the game gets marketed for free.

At least i have not seen classic advertisement for 7DTD, but saw the game pop up on lets-plays ...

This is a ridiculous statement. I had an i3, with 750TI card and 8g of ram and ran a16 WAY better than 17 ever ran. I literally had to go buy a new pc just to ensure i could run it properly.

Man im not trying to be a troll or a jerk here but this statement is a flat out lie.

Are you talking about texture streaming? which makes the game look like crap? Or lowest of the low settings? Because medium settings, i can tell you 2.whatever gigs isnt happening.

Sadly this is the truth !

I bourght a new PC to and with 6/12 cores/HT and an RTX 2080 the game runs with 40 - 80 frames on high settings without shadow reflextion.... . My girl friend cant play anymore (her i7-3612 / GTX 680m 4GB is to slow). Same for my friends (lags on MP server, backsteps in loved features after 2 years)

I hoped for oclusion culling to solve performance problems but again I got disappointed as faatal a few days ago said this was pushed back...

Who cares about mem useages these days ... you can upgreade it for small price but GPU / CPU upgreads are expensive!

This is a ridiculous statement. I had an i3, with 750TI card and 8g of ram and ran a16 WAY better than 17 ever ran. I literally had to go buy a new pc just to ensure i could run it properly.

Man im not trying to be a troll or a jerk here but this statement is a flat out lie.

Are you talking about texture streaming? which makes the game look like crap? Or lowest of the low settings? Because medium settings, i can tell you 2.whatever gigs isnt happening.

Yeah exactly. On my old laptop A16 ran excellent (on average 40 FPS on high settings). Then A17 dropped, and about 50-75% reduction in FPS. Had to buy a new gaming laptop in order to run it properly (granted, this was not the main reason for buying a new rig).

hmmm... not sure what you are pointing to here.

its fixed in the future patch, i believe that was hinted... i just dont reveal new content nor build numbers. :)

Oh my fault, the quote tag was mistakely moved.

the part "Hmm, I we will not see it in A18" was not my text but the guys I reacted to.

He said we will not see the fix even in A18. I refered to your post for showing that he is probable wrong.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

thank you whitelion and you are correct.

:)

Did you read the memo? A17 uses 2.8 gigs of ram, A16 used 6-7. All of our programmers are currently working on optimizations as well as half the content team. So put your potato back on your desktop, I'm pretty sure we've got you covered.

All those with 3 to 6 gigs of ram REJOICE, even tho it runs like a turd compared to A16.

There is any sound enhancement planned for A18? You kinda hear Zombis two blocks away making footsteps sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

All those with 3 to 6 gigs of ram REJOICE, even tho it runs like turd compared to A16.

Someone said TURD????? The Return of "A human turd" in toilets for A18 CONFIRMED

Oh my fault, the quote tag was mistakely moved.

the part "Hmm, I we will not see it in A18" was not my text but the guys I reacted to.

He said we will not see the fix even in A18. I refered to your post for showing that he is probable wrong.

No, what he said was: "...it's broken in A17, but it won't be [broken] in A18." English is subtle. I added the [broken] for clarification.

Archived