Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No plans as its not needed to go gold. We're not making the game to extend 4000 hours to 5000 hours of fun, but targeting 20-30 hour customers who the hair looks just fine to. You guys are crazy with the stuff you ask for. Its fabulous you play this long but old is old. Changing the hair isn't going to add any value to the average consumer and you could care less 10 minutes after its in and its the new "old".

Umm. Okay. Good to know. Really sucks, but good to know.

Okay. After thinking about it more, I understand. Still dont like the way it was said, but I get it. And a final release will bring in the mod support, and the modders can go to town.

Either way, it will be what it will be.

Translation :

he means they want to bring more players to enjoy the early ingame hours. Of course we will be able to have fun with the hours we already have. I mean , they will double for most uf us in next year or two and we are hardcore players.

So , there will be fun for everyone, but not for ppl asking for stuff that actually brings devs away from their target.

Yes. Target.

Okay. After thinking about it more, I understand. Still dont like the way it was said, but I get it. And a final release will bring in the mod support, and the modders can go to town.

Either way, it will be what it will be.

Think of it like this. Pimps are bringing over the meat, preparing the grill and sending out the invites, while providing the music and television.

Modders are applying the bbq sauce, flipping the burgers and providing the cable for the tv to run. ;)

Pimps are bringing you to the party. Modders will be keeping you at the party well into the wee hours.

Lol day 1 mods probably. I want CBBE support for 7 days lol.

Think of it like this. Pimps are bringing over the meat, preparing the grill and sending out the invites, while providing the music and television.

Modders are applying the bbq sauce, flipping the burgers and providing the cable for the tv to run. ;)

Pimps are bringing you to the party. Modders will be keeping you at the party well into the wee hours.

Gotta say I'm starting to really look forward to the apocolypse! :party::cheer2:

can be patched in client dll. But would mean EAC off. Since im enjoying IL code altering, lemme know if you wanna patch for it :)

Cheer

I would love that, it's a real pain that tiny crosshair you know. And I love the 4K resolution, so much more detail.

Hey, can we have an option (if it cannot be done by default) that all zombie pick different walk style? I mean if a nurse zombie is generate why it walk like it does now, I see people adding zombie in mod by XML editing and changing their walk style, so when a zombie is spawn in world it randomly pick one of walk style from a set assign to him [like choice between 1-3 when world have 1-15 walk style, so this randomize the game more. When we see Nurse zombie we all see it as easy target as it don't speed walk a little like Mo. But if we can easily make it random animation it make you guess a little more and careful.

Hey, can we have an option (if it cannot be done by default) that all zombie pick different walk style? I mean if a nurse zombie is generate why it walk like it does now, I see people adding zombie in mod by XML editing and changing their walk style, so when a zombie is spawn in world it randomly pick one of walk style from a set assign to him [like choice between 1-3 when world have 1-15 walk style, so this randomize the game more. When we see Nurse zombie we all see it as easy target as it don't speed walk a little like Mo. But if we can easily make it random animation it make you guess a little more and careful.

This would be great

Hey, can we have an option (if it cannot be done by default) that all zombie pick different walk style?

There is a buff that changes a zombie's walk type so you can do the same thing randomly on creation. Just pick a different number.

LOLWUT?

<property name="WalkType" value="7"/>

Not seeing a buff. You sure you didnt load a different game?

I guess he is referring to this one ...

<buff name="buffInjuryCrippled1" name_key="buffInjuryCrippled1Name" description_key="buffInjuryCrippled1Desc" tooltip_key="buffInjuryCrippled1Tooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_stunned">
<damage_type value="stun"/>
<stack_type value="ignore"/>
<duration value="0"/>
<effect_group>
	<requirement name="EntityTagCompare" tags="zombie"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AnimatorSetInt" property="WalkType" value="5"/>
</effect_group>
</buff>

LOLWUT?

<property name="WalkType" value="7"/>

Not seeing a buff. You sure you didnt load a different game?

Think he means using a buff on the entityclasses which then can have a triggerd_effect with a randomized walktype property. The WalkType property on an entityclass cant be randomized as such.

Could be wrong though.

Cheers

Well.... Today I Learned :jaw:

Hello Jax!

Any idea how to get back dismemberment of limbs and arms of zeds?

I can get why they removed it (?) and even can not get why nobody wants it back ? (At least nobody is talking about)

Thx!

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

as i stated before in another thread on this... it was broken (not removed) and is now fixed in newer update patch. hang in there as it will be back and seems to work much better kudos to Faatal

I'm pretty sure guppy already had a modlet for this...either guppy or stompy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Jax!

Any idea how to get back dismemberment of limbs and arms of zeds?

I can get why they removed it (?) and even can not get why nobody wants it back ? (At least nobody is talking about)

Thx!

I think it's there, but so buried in perk points that we rarely see it in action. Jayick's melee mod has a katana that kicks it in a reasonable amount of time, so I know it IS there somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's there, but so buried in perk points that we rarely see it in action. Jayick's melee mod has a katana that kicks it in a reasonable amount of time, so I know it IS there somewhere.

Hmmm, okay so there is a chance to bring it back by modding ?

I ve never seen it, not in my gameplay or any other gameplay videos.

There is a buff that changes a zombie's walk type so you can do the same thing randomly on creation. Just pick a different number.

You miss understood me, I know about Running Settings etc. But what I mean if I found 2 Nurse says in building, then one might walk to me as usual, but other walk like zombie Mo or Jo, or Fat tourist. Still slow but different animation. I believe it is not hard to implement either.

- - - Updated - - -

I am talking this been a "feature" of default game, each Zombie has randomly 2-3 different walk to pick. basically Animation is different for them each time.

Tied to the perk that governs it. F.e. Shotgun Messiah.

I like this change to crafting quality progression. But it does beg the question about the Intelligence attribute and is usefulness in A18. Aside from being a gate to perks in the int tree, all it does now is faster crafting I believe.

Hmmm, okay so there is a chance to bring it back by modding ?

I ve never seen it, not in my gameplay or any other gameplay videos.

Why would they put random walking within perk points ? Odd

Used to have this in modding in an earlier build and I loved it and glad

To hear it's possible again. Just adds another random element to the same old zombies in game we so much need.

Never was sure why the game itself didn't mix and match walking animations anyways.

Just need a talented modder now to throw some modlet magic together. ;)

Archived