Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That only affects those who already have way more rocks than they can use up and at that point it no longer makes a difference. LOL

Ahhh the good old grinding gods will be happy...lol

But really, that kind of logic, (stacking that much material in a tiny chest) doesn't encourage the player to build a bigger base to storage all those materials

- - - Updated - - -

Can you carry 1200 stones?

I don't. It will be fun to have to place the materials in a cart or something to move them between places in early game, then in a truck or something. (i'm talking about large quantity of materials)

How have you felt about gas barrels? They are far more of a space saving measure than this would be. Each barrel makes over a half block of gas (600) and can stack to 500. That is 300K PER STACK. You can fit over 13 million gas in your inventory alone and this certainly has more of an impact than stone - a resource that you never need to take anywhere.

This has been in the game for a long time as well and yet not a single mention anywhere that this is OP or broken. Because you need to use one storage box rather than 5 does not really affect balance as much as it is simply a QOL issue. If I have a million stone I would like to be able to store it - after all I must be max level from simply collecting that much resource.

I feel the same way about barrels, if TFP manage to balance as realistic as they can that issue, they should take a look at the whole inventory management. ex: i can carry 20 forges in my backpack, vehicles, etc.

as noted on your post up above i thought i would share this. (didnt reveal alpha build or anything new) :)

Try using the god pistol. If you're careful, you can shoot off both arms and both legs, and leave them alive.

yes, they will bite if you come too close.

More points if you do it on a hill.

(yes, I've done it, and clipped it)

Good to see it coming back. I missed that.

Particularly barbed wire/spikes ripping their legs off, and having them try to crawl through more traps.

Much easier to hit'em with bow/xbow like that.

:)

I like this change to crafting quality progression. But it does beg the question about the Intelligence attribute and is usefulness in A18. Aside from being a gate to perks in the int tree, all it does now is faster crafting I believe.

We'll make sure each attribute and its perks are useful for certain play styles.

Try using the god pistol. If you're careful, you can shoot off both arms and both legs, and leave them alive.

yes, they will bite if you come too close.

More points if you do it on a hill.

(yes, I've done it, and clipped it)

Good to see it coming back. I missed that.

Particularly barbed wire/spikes ripping their legs off, and having them try to crawl through more traps.

Much easier to hit'em with bow/xbow like that.

:)

God Pistol kills them, regardless of where you hit them. So you can't "Widdle them down", sadly. I do miss shooting off limbs tho.

Some perks shown might not make the final version. Some are just throwing mud on the wall until we find a better idea the whole pallet thing might not make it.

I like the pallet thing. It would be especially useful when making an underground mine or tunnel.

You want no book and no new ability? Cool. That's a lot easier to do. =P

Well if we're doing "easier" then just the recipe without the book requirement would be easiest...

- - - Updated - - -

Some perks shown might not make the final version. Some are just throwing mud on the wall until we find a better idea the whole pallet thing might not make it.

I like the throwing mud thing. More is almost always better.

Well if we're doing "easier" then just the recipe without the book requirement would be easiest...

- - - Updated - - -

I like the throwing mud thing. More is almost always better.

The book design is 7 books and a bonus perk after reading the first 7.

Its not that, its being realistic about the demographic audience. Most people have better things to do then play one game for thousands of hours.

Most AAA games have about 6-10 hours of play, so aiming for 20-30 with hobby potential is still a very admirable design goal. The fact people play it 5000 hours or more is just bonus. I'm happy if I buy a game I play for more than 2 hours. If I can get 20-30 hours out of a game I'm super happy with it. We do want to create games that can become a hobby, but we can't expect people to play for thousands of hours and people who have played it for thousands of hours can't expect us to keep making it fun for them.

Then your on a slippery slope of adding late game crap 2% of players see. Its better to have less content that is super engaging for 20 hours than a ton of content that is meh or blocked.

Like I have to wonder how many players actually legit got tek gear in Ark on vanilla servers lol. What a waste of time making all those models and code for that stuff nobody ever got to use it unless they cheated.

It seems Madmole lost the Ground and is high flying,ignoring his playerbase and is creating only for the fast buck!maybe got lazy?For example,what is with the performance problem?Still selling game on Steam with min of 6 ram despite game needs 12?Disappointing players that support you a long time but cant play anymore because your game sucks more and more in Ram usage?Madmole get real and change your attitude!Do something for the people with not that high performance PCs.Every update you put more useless crap into it instead of making it perform better!Since 16.4 most updates where nonsense.And a Gyrocopter does not help me get the ability back to play on my computer again.Greetz fom a player with nearly 2000 h of playing(up till 16.4,then it went unplayable)And i realized that you completely ignore the comments on your YT channel,like the critics of the community here!And your comment alltogether is rude and disappointing

It seems Madmole lost the Ground and is high flying,ignoring his playerbase and is creating only for the fast buck!maybe got lazy?For example,what is with the performance problem?Still selling game on Steam with min of 6 ram despite game needs 12?Disappointing players that support you a long time but cant play anymore because your game sucks more and more in Ram usage?Madmole get real and change your attitude!Do something for the people with not that high performance PCs.Every update you put more useless crap into it instead of making it perform better!Since 16.4 most updates where nonsense.And a Gyrocopter does not help me get the ability back to play on my computer again.Greetz fom a player with nearly 2000 h of playing(up till 16.4,then it went unplayable)

Fascinating. I had about 2500 up to 16.4 and now I only have 4500. I wish someone would have told me it was unplayable before I sunk all those hours... (although my wife probably prefers my not knowing...)

It seems Madmole lost the Ground and is high flying,ignoring his playerbase and is creating only for the fast buck!maybe got lazy?For example,what is with the performance problem?Still selling game on Steam with min of 6 ram despite game needs 12?Disappointing players that support you a long time but cant play anymore because your game sucks more and more in Ram usage?Madmole get real and change your attitude!Do something for the people with not that high performance PCs.Every update you put more useless crap into it instead of making it perform better!Since 16.4 most updates where nonsense.And a Gyrocopter does not help me get the ability back to play on my computer again.Greetz fom a player with nearly 2000 h of playing(up till 16.4,then it went unplayable)And i realized that you completely ignore the comments on your YT channel,like the critics of the community here!

Wait...you're one of those youtube commenters that write really caustic things? And you realized that Madmole ignores those posts? And somehow you found your way here?

Well...welcome but keep your posts polite while delivering your critique. We don't go in for all the toxic crap you guys like to post over there.

Wait...you're one of those youtube commenters that write really caustic things? And you realized that Madmole ignores those posts? And somehow you found your way here?

Well...welcome but keep your posts polite while delivering your critique. We don't go in for all the toxic crap you guys like to post over there.

Sorry,but iam NOT caustic!And i wrote the things normal in the commentary sections of YT!But no replys or answers!Only praising what he is doing!And its no toxic crap,its the disappointment of a really enthusiastic player thats voice is ignored!If you cant understand this,thats your thing then!

Sorry,but iam NOT caustic!And i wrote the things normal in the commentary sections of YT!But no replys or answers!Only praising what he is doing!And its no toxic crap,its the disappointment of a really enthusiastic player thats voice is ignored!If you cant understand this,thats your thing then!

Well, this is the official forum, here you can make sure your voice is not ignored. :) YT comment section is not the right place for complaints

This is a completely out of touch statement. There are a lot of servers where people have Tek and streamers who have long term games that got to Tek.

Have a look around at the most popular servers for your own game. Day 300 plus. The world exists OUTSIDE of Navezgane.

The game world is changing my man. People pledge allegiance to one or two games now. 3000 hours is average now for survival games.

Your line of thinking is going to sink your ship.

You hit the point!iam 100% with all you said!in my opinoion it sounds a little to arrogant!And it disappointed MANY players here!

Archived