Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You need a new opinion lol :-P.

Nothing wrong with different ore veins. Don't see why we have to miss out on this cool feature it's realistic and alot of games do this and why not. If a player wants a specific ore they search for that specific ore vein and can mine it. Rather then going round blindly looking for it and getting random other crap they don't need or want etc .

Not what I ment, was replying to the vein with multiple ores in it ;)

Got to share this. Yesterday I was relocating stuff from my old hidey hole and as I was exiting the PoI I came across a magnificent deer, perfectly in view, did not notice me. Perfect time to hunt it down...except I left all my firearms and bow at the new base. And cant pursue him with club when Iam overburduned. What now? Well there is one item that could work in my inventory.... *tsssssssss*.......BOOOOOOM! Ok thats a new way of hunting I thought to myself as I gathered pieces of meat from the crater.

A18.2 exp looks great, lots of good changes and fixes. Will be hard to resist playing the Experimental.

Two days ago I had a very intense moment which I have to share. It was one of these are moments when 7 Days to Die felt like a proper horror game. I with my friend was doing a Fetch quest in a building POI which also has underground mine. Sun set and we went to the underground to stay. Considering the lighting currently changes underground depending on the time of the day (I know lighting will be reworked), it was super dark at night, but I had forgotten to take my torch. I reminded my friend that he has light mod installed, and he promptly enabled it. Then we heard some zombie dogs, barking like hell and destroying some blocks. And we couldn't figure out where the hell are they in. It was so scary because all I could see was a little spot wherever my friend looked. We finally found them and killed them at morning. Props to the guy who made the zombie dog sounds! I wish all zombies had really creepy sounds at night.

Got to share this. Yesterday I was relocating stuff from my old hidey hole and as I was exiting the PoI I came across a magnificent deer, perfectly in view, did not notice me. Perfect time to hunt it down...except I left all my firearms and bow at the new base. And cant pursue him with club when Iam overburduned. What now? Well there is one item that could work in my inventory.... *tsssssssss*.......BOOOOOOM! Ok thats a new way of hunting I thought to myself as I gathered pieces of meat from the crater.

I once shot down a vulture with a thrown pipe bomb.

(I'll admit that I used more than 1 ;))

The Naval forces of many nations use the following technique for fishing.

1. Use state of the art sonar to locate a school of fish.

2. Sail over the school of fish.

3. Launch a depth charge to detonate below the fish.

4. Launch a depth charge to detonate above the fish, timed to coincide with the previous depth charge detonating.

5. Drag whatever floats to the surface on board for lunch.

well, I was gonna post a video up for the next birdcage horde with changes. Unfortunately, got console spammed for a sound bug. known issue, so not gonna bother with a report. so no update. Laz, you woulda found it interesting. even console spammed, I lived with little damage to the base. just because I was spammed, the horde still kept coming.

well, I was gonna post a video up for the next birdcage horde with changes. Unfortunately, got console spammed for a sound bug. known issue, so not gonna bother with a report. so no update. Laz, you woulda found it interesting. even console spammed, I lived with little damage to the base. just because I was spammed, the horde still kept coming.

Nice, what zeds came in your horde this time around?

I'll make this short and simple.

I loved this game for so long, Alphas 12 to 16 was a joy to me. 1-11 was before my time.

Then A17 comes along. MadMole states several times that this is perfect and the best ever.. I disagree.

A18... According to Madmole it's close to perfection.

I'm wondering what they did for the first 4-5 years?? The game of today has nothing of what the older versions has. Instead we have a Mad Mole stating all previous versions were crap and the version we have today is close to perfection. On top of that the mole leaves the forum when critisized to much.

My personal bottom line is....

The game sucks donkeyballs today (imo)! Has not got anything in common with what i bought and started some years ago. With that said I've got my moneys worth and have no complaints to that. And I wish TFP all the best in their future chase of more income.

nothing special, spiders, dogs, vultures. oddly enough no cops this time, had a couple last time. the set up had them stunned where they could get hit by 3 dart traps at the same time

Nice, for horde night 42, I think I'm going to let my traps and turrets do all the work while I head hunt cops, wights and anything else nastier to see how I do...😂

While I drink golden rod tea with my pinky...😂

Nice, for horde night 42, I think I'm going to let my traps and turrets do all the work while I head hunt cops, wights and anything else nastier to see how I do...

While I drink golden rod tea with my pinky...

turns out the electric fence is what bugged out on me and kept console locking me during horde night

hey laz, is your fence posts bugging out?

What do you mean? For my day 35 horde I did have one side not activate but i chalked it up to me rewiring something wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

turns out the electric fence is what bugged out on me and kept console locking me during horde night

Ah I see, no console spam for me that I recall.

Can someone advise me please, for the first time I am messing with electrical gadgets and I have a battery bank, a camera and a speaker.

I am trying to use them in a way that the camera spots a zombie and the speaker emits a sound. I have wired both to battery bank. The speaker just emits sounds indefinitely and I am not sure how to use the camera.

Can someone advise me please, for the first time I am messing with electrical gadgets and I have a battery bank, a camera and a speaker.

I am trying to use them in a way that the camera spots a zombie and the speaker emits a sound. I have wired both to battery bank. The speaker just emits sounds indefinitely and I am not sure how to use the camera.

Battery bank -> camera -> speaker

Turn on battery bank

Open camera menu with the action button, default to "E".

set it to detect zombies, click on camera preview to adjust where it aims.

Leave camera menu.

Wire the camera to the battery, and then the speaker to the camera. Battery powers the camera, camera triggers the speaker.

The game sucks donkeyballs today (imo)! Has not got anything in common with what i bought and started some years ago. With that said I've got my moneys worth and have no complaints to that. And I wish TFP all the best in their future chase of more income.

Regarding the highlighted Part: Thank God its not the same game anymore.

7 Days to Die evolved to a really good game. While i not agree with some of Madmoles Priorites that seem to serve the Motto "streamlining", the Game itself got more beautiful, accessible and at the same time more challenging and rewarding, thanks to the Dungeon Prefabs ( Good bye 2-min-in/out-looters ) Books (Pokemon Says hello - gotta catch em all) and with lots of new Weapons and Weapon Mods that allow for experiments, customization and another Motivation to play the game longer.

I looked it up, i played A18 now longer than i have ever played Alpha 17 and no doubt it will take over my Time from A16 and 15 aswell.

Instead of critizing without any constructive arguments - or even Hints what went wrong in your Opinion - Appriciate the overall Direction 7 Days to Die went.

And even tho it changed and some things are gone, new things added: Its still that clunky Minecraft/Survival/TD Game we all fell in love with.

Archived