Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

One question I do have, and have seen come up frequently. Swords, will they ever make an appearance in vanilla game play? In either form of the iconic Katana wielding Michonne, or even just a basic stone, iron, steel variety? I understand that the current iteration is the bone knife, Knife, to Machete. But if feels lacking in the sharp pointies department. Games like Dead Island really did an outstanding job at allowing for both a blunt and sharp specialization and think it would add to immersion of character development. Currently there is a plethora of blunt weapons(baseball bat being my personal favorite), and the addition of fist melee and spears is a fantastic choice. Just curious if there were going to be plans to implement those types of items, or if i should look to alternatives myself?

One question I do have, and have seen come up frequently. Swords, will they ever make an appearance in vanilla game play? In either form of the iconic Katana wielding Michonne, or even just a basic stone, iron, steel variety? I understand that the current iteration is the bone knife, Knife, to Machete. But if feels lacking in the sharp pointies department. Games like Dead Island really did an outstanding job at allowing for both a blunt and sharp specialization and think it would add to immersion of character development. Currently there is a plethora of blunt weapons(baseball bat being my personal favorite), and the addition of fist melee and spears is a fantastic choice. Just curious if there were going to be plans to implement those types of items, or if i should look to alternatives myself?

A sword would be fun, especially a Katana.

I really like this update, but i miss something, i miss furniture crafting.

I can't put furnitures in my house, like tables, paintings, night stands etc. :(

If i can do a suggestion, add furniture crafting recipes to the table saw (its don't have too much crafting recipe)

I think so many player will be happy.

And a another idea, make table saw "pickupable" , like the bike with holding down E, i can't figure out why i can't put it in my inventory :/.

I really like this update, but i miss something, i miss furniture crafting.

I can't put furnitures in my house, like tables, paintings, night stands etc. :(

If i can do a suggestion, add furniture crafting recipes to the table saw (its don't have too much crafting recipe)

I think so many player will be happy.

And a another idea, make table saw "pickupable" , like the bike with holding down E, i can't figure out why i can't put it in my inventory :/.

you do know about the "wooden storage/furniture" block, right? Make one and press R, you get some of those items.

* Eating glass is more efficient, generating a death penalty of 25%.

What's wrong with u ppl?

Some people like a nice bacon and eggs, some people enjoy vegetable stews, others enjoy glass.

Lol I think the penalty should be worse, to troll those who eat it instead of learning how to survive. Give like a stacking -25% XP debuff that lasts for 7 days. Go above -100% and you start losing XP instead of gaining it.

Some people like a nice bacon and eggs, some people enjoy vegetable stews, others enjoy glass.

Lol I think the penalty should be worse, to troll those who eat it instead of learning how to survive. Give like a stacking -25% XP debuff that lasts for 7 days. Go above -100% and you start losing XP instead of gaining it.

I'm starting to think they swap over the shortcut keys on different items for laughs.

It's A for recipes for some items, but recipe is W for animal fat and glass and A becomes 'use'...hmmm suspicious.

I'm starting to think they swap over the shortcut keys on different items for laughs.

It's A for recipes for some items, but recipe is W for animal fat and glass and A becomes 'use'...hmmm suspicious.

Lol yeah I notice that, I hate how hotkeys change depending on certain situations.

Let's see if I can attract MM's attention..

*Ahum*

BENCH-PRESSING IS FOR WUSSIES, GOING TO THE GYM AND WORKING OUT IS FOR LOSERS!

Fingers crossed guys, hopefully this works!

MILK IS THE ONLY DRINK WORTH DRINKING MADMOLE RIGHT?

srsly? You can't provide an ingame solution to this problem? You expect me to alter what I do to alleviate my own drowsiness? I've never been so insulted by a dev.

Yeah wtf mate. Like seriously, you can't program a hypodermic needle that 3D prints itself out of our monitors filled with epinephrine to auto-inject into our faces when we get sleepy? Dude wow okay man.

*Ahum*

Lol, I have a gym on the other side of the street. I am tempted to try it.

srsly? You can't provide an ingame solution to this problem? You expect me to alter what I do to alleviate my own drowsiness? I've never been so insulted by a dev.

Trolland is that u?! What happened to Roland??

- - - Updated - - -

*Ahum*

Brave man...., looks around quiet forum...paints 'Moles are weird looking' on walls

^ they started it

You're a star, thx brother!

Minor spoiler alert down below for something else amazing about this seed:

I doubt you'll find a bigger town/city in A18 than the one on this map. (Note: This seed has a good amount of towns.) Not going to give away the coordinates or the biome, but it is freaking massive.

Minor spoiler alert down below for something else amazing about this seed:

I doubt you'll find a bigger town/city in A18 than the one on this map. (Note: This seed has a good amount of towns.) Not going to give away the coordinates or the biome, but it is freaking massive.

8K map?

So... was testing a base design, adventurer vanilla with 120 min days.

Level 42, gamestage 110 +-, 2 players. Day 42.

And.... the zombies kept coming. Nonstop. All night. Anybody else seem this?

I must've killed more than 300 zs, and they never stopped coming.

Oh yes, it's how it should be. On 210 GS they are all either red eye or irradiated as well, and they come all night long. I usually still fight the last bunch till way past 4 already.

Archived