Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

About 300 meters away is a second trader. I'll let you find that one on your own. ;)

Took me couple days to find. Thought oh no it's only a 2x2 town, then I saw the other one :)

This map is friggin amazing just in time for b7, haven't seen a trader this close to a town before. Working Chem st and workbench at traders. Construction house had mixer schematic. Trader had a forge for sale 2k...and then I ran over a landmine, dam low hanging trees!

Took me couple days to find. Thought oh no it's only a 2x2 town, then I saw the other one :)

This map is friggin amazing just in time for b7, haven't seen a trader this close to a town before. Working Chem st and workbench at traders. Construction house had mixer schematic. Trader had a forge for sale 2k...and then I ran over a landmine, dam low hanging trees!

LOL My trader also had a forge for sale! And all 4 stations are working at both traders for me! :p

I don't even consider the first trader being near the town, he's basically part of it.

Yeah, the other one is quite massive.

What is also great about this seed is so far, it's very flat, especially in between the two Traders (a bit to the South).

You're scaring him! Let me try.

Madmole is right about everything he does or says, and always will be. Plus, he's huge.

You should increase the size of your avatar's eyes by 150%, that may draw him back in :)

But I am sure the silence, plus release of 18.1 as stable (and no new exp branch) means they are likely working to move to A19 now. Always silence when they go to a new alpha.

You should increase the size of your avatar's eyes by 150%, that may draw him back in :)

But I am sure the silence, plus release of 18.1 as stable (and no new exp branch) means they are likely working to move to A19 now. Always silence when they go to a new alpha.

Lol! Maybe I should!

Do you think they wouldn't be releasing any A18.1+ from now on?

Lol! Maybe I should!

Do you think they wouldn't be releasing any A18.1+ from now on?

I have a suspicion yes, although it could still be that they do a A18.2 for like Xmas since its not likely A19 will be done by then, unless they are actually finally making true the promise of shorter releases.

But the short time 18.1 was experimental, only 7 builds, means it was mostly being used to fix the most glaring issues and make A18 stable, which was already quite stable. Before they polished a lot during exp, now they did that during the final months of its development.

But its wait and see, but the signs are there.

I have a suspicion yes, although it could still be that they do a A18.2 for like Xmas since its not likely A19 will be done by then, unless they are actually finally making true the promise of shorter releases.

But the short time 18.1 was experimental, only 7 builds, means it was mostly being used to fix the most glaring issues and make A18 stable, which was already quite stable. Before they polished a lot during exp, now they did that during the final months of its development.

Yeah, A19 will not be ready for Xmas.

I guess it all depends on bandits, if they want bandits for A19 there is no chance A19 will be released this year.

Sure, but the unexpected multiplayer bug in stable will need a fix.

Yeah definitely, cos for some reason they've just removed the latest experimental branch from steam, so now we can't downgrade to b6 as a work around for that MP bug, can't play now until they release the hotfix.

They are already working on A19. Anything they commit to the A19 branch that doesn't require users to restart or that doesn't risk harming old saves gets moved to the A18.x branch. I'm sure there will be an A18.2 and a probably A18.3. There is still plenty that they are doing balance-wise and also bug fixes that can be safely transferred over.

They are already working on A19. Anything they commit to the A19 branch that doesn't require users to restart or that doesn't risk harming old saves gets moved to the A18.x branch. I'm sure there will be an A18.2 and a probably A18.3. There is still plenty that they are doing balance-wise and also bug fixes that can be safely transferred over.

lol, in my head I was thinking that they were trying to make sure the bugs could be safely transferred without getting fixed by accident.

Wait, what is this MP bug in the latest release you speak of? Was reading back through forum and cannot find mention of it. Wondering because I've been on a server with friends for about a week now and we have a big night ahead of us, host even shut down the server so we can coordinate on discord before we boot it back up and all go back in for it. Just be nice to know what to look out for, hope it's nothing too severe.

Wait, what is this MP bug in the latest release you speak of? Was reading back through forum and cannot find mention of it. Wondering because I've been on a server with friends for about a week now and we have a big night ahead of us, host even shut down the server so we can coordinate on discord before we boot it back up and all go back in for it. Just be nice to know what to look out for, hope it's nothing too severe.

He might be talking about the drop in FPS in multiplayer.

See this: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?134083-A18-1-b7-stable-bug-report-thread&p=1060928&viewfull=1#post1060928

You're scaring him! Let me try.

Madmole is right about everything he does or says, and always will be. Plus, he's huge.

in the spirit of ragging him on.

"That's not what SHHEE said."

- - - Updated - - -

yeah wife and I are getting severe lag spikes at the old bunker. the one with the scrap iron fence and a junked car in the yard

My random feedback after playing 18 awhile :)

I really like the graphical biome changes, particularly the look of the desert overall color and rock formations, and the burnt biome's burned out towns.... really eerie.

I like I can finally easily make planters and overall the farming is ok. However, I miss being able to hoe a block in the world and plant a roadside flower or a small garden patch.

Of the new weapons, I really like the stun baton and the junk turrets. I like quick hits, so the sledgehammer never worked for me despite it's effectiveness. The baton is quick and though I feel mean when I add a fire mod to it, I rather like the zombies going out in a blaze of fire and electricity. I still like archery and guns too. I haven't used the junk turret to it's full potential yet, but I set a few up around the perimeter of a roof and fought a horde off nicely. Whichever turret I was near would enable and that worked well, since I'd go where the zombies were.

I like the new poi variations, although I'm sure I haven't even seen them all yet and extra objects. I do wish we could craft more of them and a bed that didn't look dirty, but that's just me, lol.

Still wish female hair would get some love. For 17 and now 18, my character's red hair turns black when she puts on a helmet or hat. (submitted bug report in 17)

It could be fun if there were a few more variations of zombies. Not a big deal though as the ones that are there are distinctive. :)

I do like the combo of recipes and perks system - it adds an element of luck to gaining an ability to do something, but if luck isn't with you then you can plod up to the ability via points.

The books are fun. Some interesting abilities in them although I haven't seen them all. I trust you've made sure they aren't overpowered.

Poor Jen, still has laryngitis or something!

Looks like there's a bit more water in random worlds, at least the pre-generated one that our server is using. I'd love if we could craft a raft or canoe or something and there was a world with a lot of water, but I know that won't happen. I just live near an ocean in real life and miss water activities in the game. Oh yeah, and I don't fish in real life, but that might be a fun way to get food in game. Hah, or diving for pearls or treasure. Yeah ok, getting a bit out there.

Those were my initial random thoughts that came to mind. Overall, I like 18. Some stuff I see as not better or worse but different, but the overall effect is good fun.

Ohhh... so THAT's what that was. Yeah, we updated our server yesterday and were experiencing this issue off and on ever since. At least we know now. I hope they find a hotfix soon. Thanks.

Archived