Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You have a 30 second grace period on spawn. After that, if a zombie sees you, they will kill you.

Hmmm...that's not how Madmole explained it the new horde night death functionality.

He said that if you die on a horde night, gps is turned off until you attack a zombie.

Which is what it is actually supposed to be?

Motorcycle hill climbing has been improved.

Checked the vehicles with lights and they look fine, just like I last adjusted them.

Cool. Hi beams might be a good vehicle mod for a18. I looked at a mod that cranked them up to 5, but that was WAY to high. 2-3 felt better than vanilla going through various biomes on a dark night. (I finally found wasteland, and it had a very dark red sky, and even with the brighter headlights it was still hard to see

We're talking about codes hidden in the houses to unlock the super chest, or on a boss, so crash landing cheese or nerd polers can't get the best loot without doing at least half the POI to find the code first.

If they want to cheat themselves out of the fun parts of the game let them. Sony hurt our fun 😁

My buried stash sucked. Dont know if I was just unlucky or what.

If buried treasure are so good maybe set them to only spawn in the wasteland? But gotta be honest I would not do them unless I started getting good ones.

They are great for food recipes and canned food. If they were in the wasteland, you would be digging through solid Rock, tough for a stone axe.

That might be good though for higher tier dig quests, and weapons, gold, silver or diamonds could be in that loot table.

Legendary, imo, should be find only with an ultra low find percentage. I mean how pumped would you feel if the RNG gods provided a legendary out of the blue totally "unexpected" vs telling your crew after someone exclaims "i got one" and you feel like saying "yea i got that one already" when your toolbelt is filled with most if not all slots.

If decision is at the trader also, it should have a hellacious cost. I mean a 4x4 is 60k, so this price or higher definitely, i mean the item IS legendary.

I'm a huge fan of the traders. But legendary loot should never be for sale on them.

Or

Maybe have them show up as the level 5 better bartering perk. That would be cool. Nit they should still be uber expensive.

No, with actual OCPD, using the sort button would trigger you because both the order and placement is automatically wrong.

I don't use the sort button because it puts items in a completely arbitrary order instead of keeping the food/drink items in the lower right corner or whatever is "right".

A feature I would love to see would be an option to 'favorite' slots in the backpack, like in Terraria.

for example, middleclick on an item in any slot of the backpack could lockit, so whenever you pickup that item again, it goes to that slot.

I generally carry lots of building materials and sorting out the backpack after death is the worst part of dying :p

Got to thinking a bit falling asleep last night and found myself wondering this question. What is the current point of being able to craft tools, armor and weapons in the game?

Right now, you are far better off looting as much as you can to find the higher quality items rather than spending points in learning how to craft them. Also with looting, you find all items where with spending points you only can really level up one two items to craft at a time. Also with crafting you make 'middle of the road' stuff with consistent stats. The found equipment has variable stats and can be easily 10% better than anything you can make at the same level. So right now, crafting is seriously under powered in that respect.

I was trying to think what could we do to make crafting your own equipment more viable and came up with this idea. How about making player made gear have one extra allowed mod slot? Since mods are becoming a big part of the game, it would encourage some folks to take the steps to make some of own equipment to be able to squeeze in that extra mod.

Anybody else like that idea or was I simply being feverish going to bed last night?

Got to thinking a bit falling asleep last night and found myself wondering this question. What is the current point of being able to craft tools, armor and weapons in the game?

Right now, you are far better off looting as much as you can to find the higher quality items rather than spending points in learning how to craft them. Also with looting, you find all items where with spending points you only can really level up one two items to craft at a time. Also with crafting you make 'middle of the road' stuff with consistent stats. The found equipment has variable stats and can be easily 10% better than anything you can make at the same level. So right now, crafting is seriously under powered in that respect.

I was trying to think what could we do to make crafting your own equipment more viable and came up with this idea. How about making player made gear have one extra allowed mod slot? Since mods are becoming a big part of the game, it would encourage some folks to take the steps to make some of own equipment to be able to squeeze in that extra mod.

Anybody else like that idea or was I simply being feverish going to bed last night?

That actually makes a lot of sense, reading a lot of players saying crafting isn't as good now but I'm always looking for more mod slots.

I had suggested the repair of items be tied into your crafting skill here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?128416-Tie-in-repairs-of-items-to-crafting-skills

Makes sense that you can't properly repair it if you don't know how to make it.

Hmmm...that's not how Madmole explained it the new horde night death functionality.

He said that if you die on a horde night, gps is turned off until you attack a zombie.

It would be very awkward if zombies didn't attack when they see you. I can't imagine people smoking a cigar in the middle of a passive horde...

I had suggested the repair of items be tied into your crafting skill here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?128416-Tie-in-repairs-of-items-to-crafting-skills

Makes sense that you can't properly repair it if you don't know how to make it.

The problem with that is it then forces you to spend leveling up those skills, which I don't think the Pimps want to do. Part of the whole reason books were brought back was to give people access to crafting some things without being forced to buy it.

These were done today:

Added biome feral night born zombies will be old and die at dawn.

Changed old zombies won't die if they have a target.

Increased nightmare move speed to faster than a player.

Added zombie forum rage.

Fixed it for you lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Check out the bug I found. Lol I jumped onto my minibike, and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JL7zYMRiZQ

Que the flintstones theme song....lol

Madmole already mentioned they are turning down higher quality early game looting to encourage crafting.

My buried stash sucked. Dont know if I was just unlucky or what.

If buried treasure are so good maybe set them to only spawn in the wasteland? But gotta be honest I would not do them unless I started getting good ones.

Buried supplies quests are useful in early game since you often get medical items as a reward. A supply of healing bandages is more valuable in the early game than any weapon for which you don't have enough ammunition anyway.

Does that mean that a zombie in rage mode then goes to a higher level of rage mode where it is even faster ? I had the impression that it was already there. Sometimes when I hit a zombie in rage mode he seems to accelerate further.

I heard the zombie screams loudly, and its hair becomes spiky and yellow before its speed increase just over 9000. 😎

Well that’s a loaded question but I have a good reason not to answer. I haven’t seen Trankitas naked yet.

Damnit.. I thought I would have convinced you by now.

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to ask that exact question yesterday, but I thought to myself "Nah, it's too much". I'm glad you did it. So...who's hotter?

Yeah I have no boundaries, man :) But SnowDog said he hasn't decided yet.. Maybe you need to.. convince.. him?

*Points to dressing room*

*Points to Borat-style green-fluorescent G-string*

It should because Robert removed the packing of data for the GPU (to save GPU memory use), which AMD cards hated for no reason we could find.

The reason seems to be related to the seed name. Most seeds give combed maps. Some don't.

I experimented myself and found no pattern, some maps were completely combed, but now my map

with another seed name is fine.

Got my m60 off the trader. My god that gun is fun to use.

- - - Updated - - -

How about master chef perk taking off the chance for food poisoning. Would make sense in so many ways, shocked it's not in there.

It saved my life when 8 dang worker zs fell out a roof lol right in front of me. Up til that point I was happy using my spear and minding my own business lol... fumbled for the m60 then had to reload the dang thing.... So yeh health was down to 8 when I finally mowed em all down. And bandaged myself up...

It saved my life when 8 dang worker zs fell out a roof lol right in front of me. Up til that point I was happy using my spear and minding my own business lol... fumbled for the m60 then had to reload the dang thing.... So yeh health was down to 8 when I finally mowed em all down. And bandaged myself up...

Found the schematic for the m60 and for a drum magazine. Maybe i should test it on my day 14 horde in a few hrs.

I'm pretty sure he said you would have to stay hidden.

Archived