Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@MechanicalLens

GOT IT! lol flying bug was not to hard to reproduce. only took what an hour or two....kinda lost track of time. Will do it another 3 times in a row and then ill submit my bug report and maybe they can get the flying vehicle bug fixed

I told you there is always a way to reproduce a bug... :)

So this just happened. I was cruising along a perfectly flat road when I was randomly launched so high up the world failed to render below me. Somehow, I survived.

I made adjustments to the vehicle out of world check to recover much more slowly when it happens. The actual cause of the bug is unknown, since we have no repro steps to make it happen.

I made adjustments to the vehicle out of world check to recover much more slowly when it happens. The actual cause of the bug is unknown, since we have no repro steps to make it happen.

^

|

|

|

|

|

ZombieSurvivor may have found the root cause of it. Read above. (:

- - - Updated - - -

@MechanicalLens

GOT IT! lol flying bug was not to hard to reproduce. only took what an hour or two....kinda lost track of time. Will do it another 3 times in a row and then ill submit my bug report and maybe they can get the flying vehicle bug fixed

I told you there is always a way to reproduce a bug... :)

Excellent. ;)

your in luck because I just made the steps to reproduce. Just need to do it another couple of times to confirm it works every time. Will submit report in bug reporting forum here soon. ;) well atleast how to launch the vehicle to space. *shrugs*

ok...will still need to come up with repro steps for staying attached. The way I figured out how to seems to kick me from the vehicle right before it gets shot up and then falls back to the ground. more work to be done..damn lol. i dont care if it takes the next 18 hours straight ill figure out to remain attached. be back when i figure it out. thanks for all the info, it really has helped me a lot. :)

Side note, found 3 funny aas bugs with motorcycle while hunting.

@Faatal

Do you know if the next patch contains a fix for the 'comb-like' world generation bug?

It should because Robert removed the packing of data for the GPU (to save GPU memory use), which AMD cards hated for no reason we could find.

These were done today:

Added biome feral night born zombies will be old and die at dawn.

Changed old zombies won't die if they have a target.

Increased nightmare move speed to faster than a player.

Added zombie super rage.

It should because Robert removed the packing of data for the GPU (to save GPU memory use), which AMD cards hated for no reason we could find.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Minor detail though: I experience the same bug, but I have an Nvidea card.. But I guess it can affect multiple different cards.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Minor detail though: I experience the same bug, but I have an Nvidea card.. But I guess it can affect multiple different cards.

Some of the changes for AMD actually made nVidia have problems.

It happens to me when I am in my Jeep. It happened to my friends and because fall damage is a thing while in vehicles they died when they fell back to the earth. Very annoying bug. We’re on Pregen01

If you exited the game while you were falling, would it put you on the ground or start your fall distance at your current point?

It might work diferent for SP and MP however.

I just figured out how to drive a motorcycle straight up the side of buildings LMAO that was fun as hell lol. Maybe a new way to raide a players base? mahahaha....and people do not understand why i love hunting for bugs. they missing out I'll tell u what.

20191016034024-1.jpg20191016034024-2.jpg20191016034024-1.jpg

Edit: maybe I should not have posted this as its one of those type of bugs I like keeping to myself when found. oh well it'll prob get patched now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just found a bug that allows the motorcycle to drive straight up the side of buildings LMAO that was fun as hell lol. Maybe a new way to raid players bases?....and people do not understand why i love hunting for bugs. they missing out I'll tell u what.

Check out the bug I found. Lol I jumped onto my minibike, and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JL7zYMRiZQ

Oh don't confuse my personal tastes for what I think is a great perk to have in the game. I slowly like to make my games harder and harder for additional challenge, like Skyrim I turn up the difficulty, added survival mods, weather mods, combat mods etc. I feel more reward for overcoming impossible odds.

So I design perks people that I think people will like. Like if I ever get down to 25% loot, maybe lucky looter will feel essential then. I personally would rather wait to see good loot and spend perks on smashing heads faster. I can level and have lucky looter for free, so I think its a waste. Kind of like saving money and buying an expensive item with cash, its a waste to pay interest on payments. My pragmatic nature I suppose.

Man you play game just like I do lol. Although I did put 2 points into lucky looter because I braved and cleared the Shotgun Messiah factory POI thing with just about 100 SMG bullets on day 38 and was rewarded with random parts and some level 3/4 guns when I direly needed ammo or extra brass hah. Was disapointed, but hey, don't use much ammo in the wild more for horde night. About to jack up hordes to every night/min-short days after this next one for fun

- - - Updated - - -

I just found a bug that allows the motorcycle to drive straight up the side of buildings LMAO that was fun as hell lol. Maybe a new way to raid players bases?....and people do not understand why i love hunting for bugs. they missing out I'll tell u what.

Lol! I know the bicycle doesn't take trap damage currently, and I don't think the motorcycle does either, not positive.

Check out the bug I found. Lol I jumped onto my minibike, and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JL7zYMRiZQ

lol I love that bug, classic. Been with us since bicycles were added. :) Another version of that bug is running while driving the minibike...not sure if that is still around or if its been patched.

EDIT: I just remembered update is dropping later today. No point in hunting for the flyin' bug in this version. thats now on hold and will hunt for it again soon as update drops.

If you exited the game while you were falling, would it put you on the ground or start your fall distance at your current point?

It might work diferent for SP and MP however.

So in SP, you are placed undamaged on the ground when the game starts. So, if its from a computer glitch, then you can be safe.

These were done today:

Added biome feral night born zombies will be old and die at dawn.

Changed old zombies won't die if they have a target.

Increased nightmare move speed to faster than a player.

Added zombie super rage.

When we should expect the new update to drop? It will require a new game or it's safe with the old saves?

Cheerio!

Archived