Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Oh I forgot to add, I think the random stats are an awesome addition, that being said I still think the range is way over the top, specifically the overlap. As I see it, a Q1 should sometimes be better than a Q2, rarely better than a Q3, but (almost?) never better than a Q4. Finding out a Q6 can in rare instances be worse than a Q1 is just too much gap imo.

Oh I forgot to add, I think the random stats are an awesome addition, that being said I still think the range is way over the top, specifically the overlap. As I see it, a Q1 should sometimes be better than a Q2, rarely better than a Q3, but (almost?) never better than a Q4. Finding out a Q6 can in rare instances be worse than a Q1 is just too much gap imo.

I have to agree

Hell i really enjoy a18 as is.

Nice with a little less z in the poi. Perhaps more "realistic" with 5-10 instead of 15-20 cramped together in a tiny poi.

Its fun as hell to loot and see the z fly away from hits and blows.

Oh brw, the brawler, would it be possble for him to make a uppercut when a head blows up, just as a random happening (4%) of the time, instead of only "jabbing".

A second thing, would it be possible to radomize prices each time the vendor get new supplyes?

anyway thx for a asskicking updage

Goldman out

I had a little issue....and it started like this ;

I really wanted to play a RGW, but could not do it in game, due to the weird generating bug that only generate every second row ( or thats what it looks like, but plenty of bug reports about that ) . So I thought I would be cleverer.

I downloaded the Dedicated server, and done my settings and created a sparkling new 10km2 map, and although it took a while, everything worked fine. I kept the server running, opened the client and logged in to my own server. No problem.

The world loaded, character loaded and the greetings passed, but as I was running and skipping towards my first grass fibre patch, all happy with myself, life happened. The game kicked out to main menu, with no error message...and me server was gone. It did however now appear under 'continue game' . So only available now as a saved SP game.

So I continued the game, and it loaded in fine, but all the starter quests, and equipment was gone. Completely empty inv and questlog etc.

Not sure how serious this is, but just a FYI...obviously if it's something worth looking in to I paste the log here.

[ATTACH]29671[/ATTACH]

PS: Just on a side note. It's great to see developers so invested in their game. So many games out there with a lot of potential, but because the devs don't give a rats ass about communicating with the players, it always dies a slow horrible death...like with that infection from a stripper zombie...

output_log_dedi__2019-10-12__20-41-18.txt

@MM

All the Safes, reinforced chests, and harden reinforced chests are not yielding correct loot. it appears that it is not taking into account of your Luck Looter + to Loot bonus... every time I loot a safe or chest at the end of the PoI i only get T1 gear and weapons..... Idk if anyone else has noticed this bug. my friend tested it where he had 5 points into LL and the lucky googles and he will get 6 weapons and armor but its all T1 only. Where I have the same thing happen to me and I currently only have 2 points into LL.

Gun bags appear to be unaffected, but it may be worth while at getting LL looked at

Other than that A18 is Incredible!! WOW!

@Faatal and those who use Radeon Cards:

Maybe I figured out a way to use RWG properly on Radeon cards (at least for my RX480) using the normal way (not dedicated server fallback).

The Radeon settings have an option to change operating mode from graphics to computing.

I switched over to computing for map generation, at got a playable map without the usual cliffs. Generating took around 11min for 8k.

Enter the menu and open global settings:

585410845_Radeonmenu.jpg.4c1ce6bd37844144e9ba2acc35425c97.jpg

Then enter GPU workload:

509487739_Radeonmenu2.thumb.jpg.77fc14f211bba21f764d8e27b75f0a5a.jpg

Switch to compute. Driver is reloaded then, so the screen goes black for some seconds.

Afterwards start generating your map (I've used seed: 'Zombiiiiie' with the same game name =West Yojowi Territory).

Game will start.

I need some persons with other graphics adapters to verify if it works with them, too

EDIT: It looks that it was only luck, I re-generated the map with workload set to graphics, and got the same result

Day 8, looting frantically before my first A18 horde arrives. Got some decent stuff from a tool shop but encountered two random spider zombies on my way home. Now I'm infected. Marvellous. Chugged my only jar of honey in the hopes it'll clear up my 1.4% infection in time to fight.

Good luck mate ! Hope you make it.

Never played Alpha 17, i found it the most boring alpha they have ever done and had given up on the game. I have gone from giving up on the game to finding this the best Alpha ever. Well done the all at Fun Pimps. With LBD gone from the game i thought the game was dead and buried but i was wrong. The game is better than ever before.

I had a little issue....and it started like this ;

I really wanted to play a RGW, but could not do it in game, due to the weird generating bug that only generate every second row ( or thats what it looks like, but plenty of bug reports about that ) . So I thought I would be cleverer.

I downloaded the Dedicated server, and done my settings and created a sparkling new 10km2 map, and although it took a while, everything worked fine. I kept the server running, opened the client and logged in to my own server. No problem.

The world loaded, character loaded and the greetings passed, but as I was running and skipping towards my first grass fibre patch, all happy with myself, life happened. The game kicked out to main menu, with no error message...and me server was gone. It did however now appear under 'continue game' . So only available now as a saved SP game.

So I continued the game, and it loaded in fine, but all the starter quests, and equipment was gone. Completely empty inv and questlog etc.

I guess this happens: When you created the world per dedicated server, the world data was stored in the same place as a SP game. Now the world showed up as a possible SP game, but when you "continue" there, you start as a new player. There is a serverconfig called "PersistentPlayerProfiles". If you had set that to true, you maybe would have continued with the same character

Why not craft another one instead? That's the thing with the spear; if you miss, you might lose it.

erm lost my level 1 iron spear, thought id picked it up but obviously not - how can i cheat a replacement in please?

I tend to aim for the chest and only throw in close quarters, and have a backup weapon when I inevitably miss.

also, been drawing 7dtd fanart for the past couple days in addition to my scarecrow character for inktober and not sure where I can post it on this forum so the general megathread is as good as place as any really.

7daysscarecrow.jpg.cecc1ea3c370ee2ef8aac7bc9e78d6a2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CPobO3C.png

massive image compression, ree

I guess this happens: When you created the world per dedicated server, the world data was stored in the same place as a SP game. Now the world showed up as a possible SP game, but when you "continue" there, you start as a new player. There is a serverconfig called "PersistentPlayerProfiles". If you had set that to true, you maybe would have continued with the same character

Would it still do that if the dedicated server is installed on a completely separate drive ? Also, I have PersistentPlayerProfiles set to true, and my character did not die. I was exactly where I was on the map, 0 deaths etc.

Archived