Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Bringing up some older thoughts here...

I think this is an excellent idea and I've been imagining this since you brought it up months ago.

A few zombies models like this where you cannot easily differentiate between them unless up close, maybe even with a very dumb, inexpensive AI... but not to replace the existing zombies we see in hordes fully, but more as a filler to give everybody the larger horde sizes they want while also breaking up that weird feeling you get when you see a group of the same zombie type.

I'm not just speaking for the blood moon horde, but especially for wandering hordes. They could even be very weak and decrepit, taking only one or two hits to kill regardless of your level. They would be 0 challenge by themselves, but they would still be contributors to the group zombie damage buff, they would distract players from the real threat (the current zombies), and perhaps at times get in the way of the player trying to target those current zombies. In effect, all current zombies become special.

I want to delete the cheerleader and football player, they are mostly immersion breaking and use that precious vram space for some more generic ones or these special blood moon zombies. Faatal was talking about some ways to add many more zombies too so these guys could help fill out those ranks. Kind of like the latest seasons of the walking dead they are more skeletal and hard to distinguish we could make a few variants and have a whole horde of these and it would look fine.

I want to delete the cheerleader and football player, they are mostly immersion breaking and use that precious vram space for some more generic ones or these special blood moon zombies. Faatal was talking about some ways to add many more zombies too so these guys could help fill out those ranks. Kind of like the latest seasons of the walking dead they are more skeletal and hard to distinguish we could make a few variants and have a whole horde of these and it would look fine.

TRYING NOT TO GIVE IDEAS!!!!!!

yeah i can agree with that. you got normal zombies , solders and more..'

then there these very bright colored zombies and one running at your like a crack head!

Nice changes so far. Good Job! I did have to set AF in Radeon settings to Override and 2X to have better FPS.

How come all the "Biomes.png" files look all the same? Ain't that supposed to be random also?

Does AF stand for "anisotropic filtering"? Assuming it does, I'm surprised everyone with an Nvidia card does not create a custom profile for 7D2D. I tried the game out last night for the first time on A18. I was getting around 20 fps. I logged out created my profile for the game in the control panel, now I'm getting 45-60fps. So many nice little things you can do through the control panel that the game just does a crap job of doing.

EDIT: Works so long as you know exactly, and I mean exactly what you are doing/changing in the Nvidia control panel for 7D2D customized graphics profile. ;)

A whole horde of them would be fine on day 7 or 14, but later hordes need the spiders, spitting cops and demolishers. They add an extra layer of difficulty and strategy to designing horde bases.

A whole horde of them would be fine on day 7 or 14, but later hordes need the spiders, spitting cops and demolishers. They add an extra layer of difficulty and strategy to designing horde bases.

i need that super radioactive zombie that nearly invisible and is so radioactive you can see his bones (like a walking X ray) and he can blast radiation around him to attack and to revive/heal other zombies. and can even shoot blast at you , and the only way to kill him is breaking all his limbs or a head shot due to he contest healing.

Playing pretend on this level is too much unless you live in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

None of the arguments like that solve the problem of something happening in the game that defeats the purpose of the game itself.

It’s really not. This game is whatever you make of it. Asking for a nerf because you got the luckiest of luckiest RNG rolls is dumb. Random is random. If you’d said my last three games all the crafting areas were working at the trader, I’d agree you may have a point.

Upvote!!! Especially if the net outcome results in more zeds.

I agree. I wouldn't want to lose those. They are too important.

I wouldn't want to lose the fat guys, big mamas, bikers nor strippers either... they add some grit and contribute a lot to the game's overall style.

I wouldn't mind the football player going away. The football player in itself can never follow the rules dictated by settings because they are always supposed to be running. It's just inconsistent and I'm gonna guess makes parts of the code sloppy and hard to maintain.

I like the lumberjack in terms of its behavior and fitting the snow theme, but of all of them, this one really annoys me because a trip through the snow biome brings out dozens of these guys which looks funny and they would never fit well in hordes. I would rather have frozen versions of other zombies to have a wider variety in that biome. The burning zombie I'm fine with because it's ok if they all look the same.

Archived