Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I disagree, if the overlap was minimal it would always be a no brainer upgrade and be less interesting. Right now you can find something with good damage but horrible durability that makes you keep it instead of upgrading to a better durability item that does a bit less damage. I'm good at bone scavenging and I'm a duct tape factory so I don't mind extra repairs needed.

As long as the stats on a q6 is generally better apart from # of mod slots. But yeah I agree, there should be some variations/edge cases.

It was me and the Mrs. She is bows, and Im melee. Sp basically. She crowd controlled the perimeter while i nailed the ones who made it through in that opening. We DID get overrun, so we jumped off and ran them around the perimeter there.

In the final 2 hours I pulled out the machine gun and opened it up. Incredibly fun. We lost most of our spikes and its going to need reinforcements plus more spikes and a tower. But I have not had that much fun and intensity on a day 14 horde in vanilla since probably A15 when the horde came all night and melee was crap and we ran out of bullets.

Today we go back to day 1 on b143. Looking forward to the new experience. I dont judge my game by a day 7 Blood Moon anymore. We cant. We are pros so of course we are going to wreck that one so i dont think its fair to judge the Alpha on 1 or 2 early game hordes. My idea is that day 7 is like a tune up. Get your basic defense up test it etc. Day 14 is where it ramps up a bit. Look forward to 21 and beyond.

Yeah the blood moons have to ramp up slowly to give new players a chance. They don't even know what to expect at all, probably don't know much about anything only 7 hours in.

Alright it's time we address this & fix it...

I am talking about the Screaming Banshee Witch & Why is a Witch part of a Z Game anyway...

Burn her at the Pointy Stick I say...

It's the same problem as every other Alpha since she was introduced into the Game.

You can not even open up & sort your Chests without hearing her Screaming, Constantly...

There is 1 Predictable Outcome in this Game & that is this Witch will show up every time you Think you are being QUIET or using Stealth.

If I could turn her off I would just like the Blood Moon if I want to. I set mine at 30 days & that is the perfect time for me to build a Base without C/M or using the Inventory.

I would tie her & the Spider to Wandering Hordes as Scouts, maybe increase the Spawn Rate of W/H's. It just seems you could get away with a little more of a Heat Signature during the heat of the day. Heat should register more during the cool of the night or in a Snow Biome.

She takes all the fun out of the Game for me when she is just a Constant Nuisance, She is like this Every Alpha...

Everyone, over & over again she constantly Spawns...

I have zero problem with her. One well placed anything will kill her before she screams.

Heat is not heat. Its like an infrared heat map, like in predator. Noise, cooking, forging all add to this heat map. Stop forging or forge off site, and you won't ever generate enough heat to attract one. It takes about 4 forges and several torches running for hours at a time to attract one. Put down a junk turret and forget about it.

I have zero problem with her. One well placed anything will kill her before she screams.

Heat is not heat. Its like an infrared heat map, like in predator. Noise, cooking, forging all add to this heat map. Stop forging or forge off site, and you won't ever generate enough heat to attract one. It takes about 4 forges and several torches running for hours at a time to attract one. Put down a junk turret and forget about it.

Like madmole here, I have no issues with screamers. One well-aimed hunting rifle shot and boom, problem-o solved. I even erected a sniper tower to deal with them professionally. Honestly, they're good (albeit short-lasting) target practice.

Although madmole, I do have a question. If you have, say, 5 forges burning, and you leave the area, I assume that Screamers will cease spawning until you enter x distance to your forges? Or will they wreak havoc while I'm away? :p

we do not have bullet proof zombies... you just need AP for better armor penetration against some of them. :)

like... dont throw rocks at a tank if you have a rocket to even up the fight.

What I have seen, is AP rounds will shoot through zombies.

It's also is calculative with the penetration Perk, so as much as five zombies can potentially be be hit.

You can view JaWoodle's testing of AP. Here is one of his AP tests:

OK, found the AP damage vs normal round test vs Demolishers:

Or let the heat die down

I called one with my single forge. Turned it off for half a day. Now i run it a few hours, and turn it off a few hours have not seen one since. Everything you do in the chunk you are in builds the heatmap. You need to plan better. Are you running several forges, mining and running a workbench at the same time? Are you using loud guns as well, all within a short period of time? The chests are not doing it themselves, there has to be a huge build up of heat. Ive seen one screamer in 18, and NONE in vanilla 17. But i also dont mass run several stations at once, plus build and use guns in a single hour.

Even chopping trees can call one if you let the heat map build up high enough.

The heat actually dies down after awhile? I never knew that.

The heat actually dies down after awhile? I never knew that.

How I believe it works (I could be wrong though) is the heat map/activity meter can go from being 0-100, but it can always go down before it reaches the maximum if you turn off forges, campfires, whatever is drawing in the heat. Once the heat map reaches 100, it spawns a screamer, and the heat map is set back to 0.

At least, this is how I believe it works.

I wanted to see if people liked the various hat mods I added, if you guys like them it would be easy to make gothic boot mods so we can get some good insulation to our feet that look cool.

I really like them. For so long I wanted a cowboy hat but you could not use a light with them so I never wore it. Really good addition imo. Keep'em coming!

I really like them. For so long I wanted a cowboy hat but you could not use a light with them so I never wore it. Really good addition imo. Keep'em coming!

I like being able to add pockets to clothes too. Nice addition!!!

Just found the cloth pocket schematic. As my wife would say, it's not a skirt if it doesnt have pockets lol.....😁

Lucky Looter doesn't guarantee non brown, it just pushes you up the game staged loot list. Even end game high gs characters have a chance to get brown gear.

Yes however we’re both 55 & 62 so we have high GS. And every timers loot a chest or safe it’s all ways T1 loot. Every time there is no variation whatsoever

That could be bad if you build a base the early game stage or don't hit any book stores, then start looting later game and miss the boat on the early gs ones.

It doesn't. Things can simply slowly go back to match an even distribution over time, just like it is now. If anything it changes absolutely nothing late game but brings early games book to light during well... the early game.

I love the ragdoll effects... hahaha such a small but significant little thing..Just gives you that extra "get some you..." feeling..like when the new sounds for the bows came in, and you hear that *thud* when you get a clean hit... small but significant things...

resolution 1600:900 Fullscreen A18 b143

Fps:40-55 outside Higher indoors

Lower end pc/ evga gtx660

50" monitor set 1920:1080 Port used is 4K @60 HZ

snow biome

The first real error I can't figure out for myself

Began to happen approx when the night wandering horde of dogs were spawned.

Stopped after I killed the last one.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x02b15] in <34da800fcf13489e9c568ba54d29c6a1>:0

This spammed intermittently during the fight.

resolution 1600:900 Fullscreen A18 b143

Fps:40-55 outside Higher indoors

Lower end pc/ evga gtx660

50" monitor set 1920:1080 Port used is 4K @60 HZ

snow biome

The first real error I can't figure out for myself

Began to happen approx when the night wandering horde of dogs were spawned.

Stopped after I killed the last one.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at PlayerMoveController.Update () [0x02b15] in <34da800fcf13489e9c568ba54d29c6a1>:0

This spammed intermittently during the fight.

im still trying to fix that, my game ruining like crap

Yes however we’re both 55 & 62 so we have high GS. And every timers loot a chest or safe it’s all ways T1 loot. Every time there is no variation whatsoever

Maybe unlucky? I have 1 rank of LL and I'm lvl 8 and I get oranges and rare yellow/green/blue

Archived