Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Lucky Looter doesn't guarantee non brown, it just pushes you up the game staged loot list. Even end game high gs characters have a chance to get brown gear.

MM I believe the containers he is referring to use the qualPlus1Template. which one would think the lowest would be poor not faulty? It is after all base 1 and quality +1 would make default 2. but it mainly defaults to faulty and no matter the gs, faulty still has the highest chance of what is looted, contrary to what the notes for the template state. mind you this primarily effects the reinforced and hardened reinforced chests. the aka hero chests

edit: talking about the loot.xml template

MM I believe the containers he is referring to use the qualPlus1Template. which one would think the lowest would be poor not faulty? It is after all base 1 and quality +1 would make default 2. but it mainly defaults to faulty and no matter the gs, faulty still has the highest chance of what is looted, contrary to what the notes for the template state. mind you this primarily effects the reinforced and hardened reinforced chests. the aka hero chests

edit: talking about the loot.xml template

How does that compare to other ammo/weapon container types? Maybe an oversight?

I hit a random glitch on a peddle bike and it sent me into the sky Vertically.. Came down with a bang and lost 50% bike integrity.

Very random and impossible to duplicate.

Also noticing I can TURBO indefinably on a peddle bike even if my stamina goes to zero.

Hello, liking Alpha 18 a lot so far. I have two ideas that could potentially help with general performance.

1. Add an option to limit the maximum number of light sources that can simultaneously cast shadows.

In a base with lots of torches the shadow calculations can become too much. Being able to set the max number to 4 or 8 could help a lot. There should be a hierarchy for the castable shadows, like the sun/moon always, the player held/worn light sources at the second priority level, and the nearest world lights like lamps and fire places at third priority.

Edit: ignore the below, I found an option in console to limit the fps "settargetfps 60"

2. Add an option to lock the frame rate to maximum common values like 30, 60, 75, 90, 120, 144, 240 fps.

Why lock the frame rate? Because when the game runs faster than the monitors refresh rate the frame timing is all over the place and it doesn't look as smooth as it could if it were locked to a lower value that can be maintained. It's easier on the system to.

Yes, you can use v-sync to limit the refresh rate to your monitors speed, but turning on V-sync causes uneven performance since the game want's to lock to 60 fps (or your monitors refresh rate, whatever that may be), but if it can't maintain that performance it tries to lock to 50% instead. The problem is that when it changes from 60 to 30 it stutters and looks ugly. For lot's of people simply looking at the ground and then into the distance will cause this stutter while it shifts every time.

Also, the games built in v-sync has a performance penalty which lowers more peoples performance to under 60 fps and into the stuttery zone where the game fluctuates between locking to 60 and 30 fps.

To give people a better smoother experience adding an option to lock the maximum fps while having v-sync turned off in game could help a lot.

If for some reason it's not technically possible with 7DtD to add a max frame rate option, you may want to add an option for dynamic v-sync that only enforces v-sync when the game engine is able to maintain the refresh-rate, and will give screen tearing if it goes under that.

IMO screen tearing but with a steady frame rate looks much nicer than a very uneven frame rate.

Maybe unlucky? I have 1 rank of LL and I'm lvl 8 and I get oranges and rare yellow/green/blue

50+ chests and safes each and it’s all be T1 stuff lvl 55 and 62 each and my friend is max LL with lucky googles where I am only 2 points into LL. Yet we are only getting T1s.

It’s a Bug 🐜 for sure

50+ chests and safes each and it’s all be T1 stuff lvl 55 and 62 each and my friend is max LL with lucky googles where I am only 2 points into LL. Yet we are only getting T1s.

It’s a Bug �� for sure

Bad luck. See?

LFz5hav.png

Right after acquiring this auger, I went through an entire church POI (the large one with the loot in the clock tower), I got nothing but brown items. Again, it's up to RNG.

Right after acquiring this auger, I went through an entire church POI (the large one with the loot in the clock tower), I got nothing but brown items. Again, it's up to RNG.

Yeah, I like that cathedral. Especially the cellar. Never thought that coffins contain that much ammo...

Yeah, I like that cathedral. Especially the cellar. Never thought that coffins contain that much ammo...

The loot within coffins were buffed in A18.

I mostly enjoy that cathedral because of the giant library it possesses. :D

- - - Updated - - -

he isn't talking about those kind of boxes

I know. I'm simply saying that RNG is either with you or against you at the time. You could break into 50 gun safes and get mostly purples (not gonna happen), or break into those same 50 gun safes and get all browns, and everywhere in between.

I hit a random glitch on a peddle bike and it sent me into the sky Vertically.. Came down with a bang and lost 50% bike integrity.

Very random and impossible to duplicate.

Happens once in a blue moon, if someone can figure out the repro case it would be great.

I'm thinking of starting an official campaign to change the game title from "7 days to Die" to "7000 rolls of duct tape"

I get it, duct tape is great stuff.. but damn I spend a significant portion of the game either farming tape, farming resources to make tape, or making tape.

I had 250+ rolls of it in my 100 hour game sitting in my box. Harvest all gore piles, vultures, dogs and skulls. Use the chem bench for the discount on glue crafting, and you should easily have a surplus of duct tape. I repair every q2 item and above before selling too, so I use a ton of repair kits/duct tape.

The loot within coffins were buffed in A18.

I mostly enjoy that cathedral because of the giant library it possesses. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I got lost in there and forgot my pickaxe, took me ages to find my way out its a giant concrete tomb.

Archived