Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Love the game and have 1100hrs into it. Was curious if the new engine will be able to extend the rendering distance of objects in the game? Specifically for spawning entities, would be nice to be able to use the max range of the sniper.

Is there not an audio cue, or something that warns of incoming dog/bear hordes. I remember seeing somewhere that there should be or is, but I have never experienced it in game. I just got wrecked by a 3 bear/9 dog horde on day 9, turned left to witness a bear paw cutting short my dead is dead run.

On a creepy side note: How come there are zero zombified kids in the game? There is a daycare.......

Guest Rassilon

Endgame Weapon: Minigun.

Before you now throw Rocks at me:

I think it would be cool to have a very Rare Endgame Weapon. Maybe buyable for a Hundredthousand of Duke Tokens, maybe findable with Luck at one at the new Mini-Bosses.

To not make it too Powerful: Lets make it One-Time usable, not reloadable with varying Amount of Ammo you can find in the Clip. Damage could be comparable to the Pistole per Bullet.

What do you think?

*ducks*

On a creepy side note: How come there are zero zombified kids in the game? There is a daycare.......

For some reason the pimps feel that is too far?

Stripper zombies with boobies okay. Headshots with gore okay. Dismemberment fine. Armor contouring to boobs just right. Traders cursing you is a-okay.

...but the realism of having kids? I guess too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Endgame Weapon: Minigun.

Before you now throw Rocks at me:

I think it would be cool to have a very Rare Endgame Weapon. Maybe buyable for a Hundredthousand of Duke Tokens, maybe findable with Luck at one at the new Mini-Bosses.

To not make it too Powerful: Lets make it One-Time usable, not reloadable with varying Amount of Ammo you can find in the Clip. Damage could be comparable to the Pistole per Bullet.

What do you think?

*ducks*

I think if the turrets could be manually used w/o electricity being necessary you'd have your solution.

For some reason the pimps feel that is too far?

Stripper zombies with boobies okay. Headshots with gore okay. Dismemberment fine. Armor contouring to boobs just right. Traders cursing you is a-okay.

...but the realism of having kids? I guess too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if the turrets could be manually used w/o electricity being necessary you'd have your solution.

Its a kin to shooting children in tv shows. The only tv show to do this from recent memory was TWD, which coincidently was a zombie child.

Back to the important topic of immersion.

Would be great to a mode where there is no compass or a compass has to be found.

Would be great if there was hardcore mode where there is no overhead map(shocking!)

Or/AND a map where the player posistion is not auto GPS.

Would be great if there was enforced dead is dead.

Would be great if f1-cm and f1-dm could be disabled on game start.

Mostly would be great if there was no enemy HP bar.

Have said this before on this thread but it seems people are complaining again about it.

Why not just make the health bar a toggled option. People who want it can have it, people who hate it can disable it

Would be great to a mode where there is no compass or a compass has to be found.

Would be great if there was hardcore mode where there is no overhead map(shocking!)

Or/AND a map where the player posistion is not auto GPS.

Would be great if there was enforced dead is dead.

Would be great if f1-cm and f1-dm could be disabled on game start.

Starting without a compass is something I'd like a lot aswell, having to find one in a campers backback, or craft one (it's not like it's hard to create a basic compass).

Recently started playing The Forest, and having no compass/map and being forced to navigate with the help of the sun really added immersion.

Wouldn't mind not having a watch either from the start. That would be really exciting to have to estimate time by position of the sun in the beginning.

Check out improved combat and terrain!

1-rst question:

Joel, Gazz or Roland, will the character visually charge 8 rounds per shotgun instead of 2x rounds, when you need to charge 8 rounds?

And if the hunting rifle has a modification of the increase of the clip to 5, then the animation will also show charging 1 cartridge and then juggling the shutter?

Have you thought about sharing the animation of charging and shutter work, as it was done with sound?

Thank you.

Check out improved combat and terrain!

2-nd question:

Joel, Gazz or Roland, when the character makes a normal or strong blow, then at the end of the animation, he looks down.

Will the camera also respond in the first person game? Will the character on the impact look down when the beat animation is working and then return when the animation of the blow is over?

This will greatly add an aspect of immersion in the game?

Thank you.

1-rst question:

Joel, Gazz or Roland, will the character visually charge 8 rounds per shotgun instead of 2x rounds, when you need to charge 8 rounds?

And if the hunting rifle has a modification of the increase of the clip to 5, then the animation will also show charging 1 cartridge and then juggling the shutter?

Have you thought about sharing the animation of charging and shutter work, as it was done with sound?

Thank you.

Agreed, hopefully the reloading count gets fixed indirectly by this improvement.

Different strokes for different folks. Every hint I gave had exactly to do with sticky arrows but it was a hype move so I knew that some of you would latch onto your own pet hopes for the game and think that Everdeen meant that. Others who are not like you guys who have been wanting sticky arrows will be thrilled.

Exactly! I love bows. And 7dtd achery is pretty fun. Love stealth+snipping Zs.

Sticky arrows would add more fun, now i will know how bad my first shot was ;))))

Ps: i dont like modern bow, it covers up to much :/ can we have some advanced old school bow like an option. I know it will never happen.... gonna keep on dreaming.

Ps ps: Roland your hinting mechanics are broken :p:) at some point i was guessing it will be seasons....

...and the health bar

...and the stamina bar

...and the toolbelt

...and the date and time

...and all text messages

...and all harvesting icons

...and all status popups

...and all block hp bars

...and the stealth eye

...and the crosshairs

...and the upgrade/downgrade arrow

...and all the crap you modded in to the HUD

and now you're playing like me. 100% perfect immersion. All you noobs with your whining about one little enemy hp bar don't go nearly far enough in my view.

#InvisibleHud4Life

No i know the secret behind the Everdeen!

It is not sticky arrows!

Compress all Rolands post in to one.

Extract all empty spaces.

Fillter defence mechanics.

Siphon random jokes.

By doing this mass will schrink to very tight dimensions. you will get one heavy nut.

I mean, Rolland secretly is a modder and he is making ultra realism mod. Just imagine...

No gui! Just clean view. About your health condition you will have to guess from sounds!

(Guts sounds)

Your moving ability will directly reflect on how you walk/drag your foot/craaaaawllll!

Ultra Realism!

Archived