Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

HaHa NewbJax... i thought you were lying all these years about your experience.

geesh cant trust no one anymore. :(

but seriously tho... if this game was completely done (WARNING this is only HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - I am NOT say the game is done!), and a person never heard of it much less played and he/she bought it and tried it out... they would fall in love with it.

now many of you will argue about and try to spit out sales numbers and all... but... keep to yourself because you know i am right... this time.. and if... just if... i may be mistaken... then i still insist that i am right.

changes are only objectionable to those of us who have become too used to the old ways (age has nothing to do with it either)... as much as it hurts... we must move on.

and i still think i am right and thats my 6 cents because of inflation

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. GET RID OF THAT STUPID ENEMY HEALTH BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right. Total immersion killer that bar is

My immersion and feeling of realism without the bar is so much higher. Because...

1. I can carry around 40,000 tons of cement in a backpack.

2. I can rip a working engine out of a car in 3 seconds with a wrench.

3. i can grow a forest in less than a week

So many other immersive things in this gane like the above 3 examples. Having a health bar on screen to see what kind of damage im doing would ruin the realistic nature of slaying zombies.

My immersion and feeling of realism without the bar is so much higher. Because...

So many other mmersive things in this gane like the above 3 examples. Having a health bar on screen to see what kind of damage im doing would ruin the realistic nature of slaying zombies.

and they can do all that while flying around in god mode on too :)

None taken. When I experienced it for the first time I thought it was awesome and still do. Not everyone is going to feel excited by everything in the game. Tons of people are on the edge of their seats for vehicles but not Ouch. I think sticky arrows are a blast to play with and just love it for its own merits but you could care less about it and Snowdog apparently hates it if doesn't come with retrieval at exactly the same moment in the development process. :)

Different strokes for different folks. Every hint I gave had exactly to do with sticky arrows but it was a hype move so I knew that some of you would latch onto your own pet hopes for the game and think that Everdeen meant that. Others who are not like you guys who have been wanting sticky arrows will be thrilled.

It's exciting to me. I love turning enemies into a pincushion and it feels more realistic to me. In Skyrim I download more mods for bows than anything else that messes with decals, sounds, textures and adds new items etc.

So many other immersive things in this gane like the above 3 examples. Having a health bar on screen to see what kind of damage im doing would ruin the realistic nature of slaying zombies.

I don't see anywhere in Cro666ie's post that they mention immersion as the reason to get rid of it.

But, just because some features break immersion doesn't mean it is not a valid argument for other features. None of your list are on screen non-stop. So, yes a HP bar is more immersion breaking than wrenching motor out of a car.

Immersion does not have to equate 100% realism. Actually it can't.

Well maybe if he you know...explained why.

Since he didnt... I went to the common buzzword that many use as the reason to argue anything in this game...

You caught me editing my post. I hit submit too early. Lol

Here is the rest---

But, just because some features break immersion doesn't mean it is not a valid argument for other features. None of your list are on screen non-stop. So, yes a HP bar is more immersion breaking than wrenching motor out of a car.

You caught me editing my post. I hit submit too early. Lol

Here is the rest---

in that case.. GET RID OF THE STUPID COMPASS OMG MY IMMERSION IS DYING

Well maybe if he you know...explained why.

Since he didnt... I went to the common buzzword that many use as the reason to argue anything in this game...

Ok then. I'll explain why. With every Alpha release they just seem intent on making the game easier and easier. I play for the challenge. And this game is no longer challenging.

If immersion means nothing to you, why are you buying games with graphics? Grab an old copy of Zork and have at it.

And, good idea. The compass should be an item you have to put in your hand and look at.

Ok then. I'll explain why. With every Alpha release they just seem intent on making the game easier and easier. I play for the challenge. And this game is no longer challenging.

Fair point

A17 with health bars = walk in the park.

A17 no health bars = u will be lucky to survive 3 days... lol

What im saying is it has no impact on the overall challenge, just removes the stupidness of not knowing how hard you are hitting

They already have and end state challenge level in mind. They can reach that challenge by balancing the game around the fact that the bars exist... if necessary.

All this new content looks really good.

Gyrocopter: Looks fun, but how would it be balanced? maybe some NPC with rocket launchers in the world.. that may try to shoot you down.

Jeep: This is a nice addition but like the gyrocopter, balance. Maybe some IEDs on the roads, that are only set off by this Jeep. (Also a way to disarm and clean up the road before it is "Safe")

Hog: Love it

Bicycle: Love it

Combat: Would it be possible to make Holding left click be the power attack, then add a blocking mechanic with right mouse. (A way to block stuns)

Arrows: Great addition (recover will be cool, if you figure it out)

Terrain Generation: Glad to see this getting attention. I was always annoyed by the craters and huge cliffs

DLC: I know you all need to eat. But in a past post Roland mentioned it will not be "paid" DLC rather the term is being used for content after going Gold. Which one is it? Paid DLC or just "New" content that is "free dlc"?

Also please look into ziplines and lock picking. Both were mentioned before A16, would be nice to see them added.

As for going forward, i really hope the water and radiation zones get some love. For the water it would be cool to see a threat there and some fish (fishing). As for the radiation zones, i still think it would be cool if "Random gen" was on the outside of "Navezgane", Adding a way to pass the radiation and maybe some loot and story there.

Keep up the great work Pimps. I can not way for the Hype to start for A17

...and the health bar

...and the stamina bar

...and the toolbelt

...and the date and time

...and all text messages

...and all harvesting icons

...and all status popups

...and all block hp bars

...and the stealth eye

...and the crosshairs

...and the upgrade/downgrade arrow

...and all the crap you modded in to the HUD

and now you're playing like me. 100% perfect immersion. All you noobs with your whining about one little enemy hp bar don't go nearly far enough in my view.

#InvisibleHud4Life

...and the health bar

...and the stamina bar

...and the toolbelt

...and the date and time

...and all text messages

...and all harvesting icons

...and all status popups

...and all block hp bars

...and the stealth eye

...and the crosshairs

...and the upgrade/downgrade arrow

...and all the crap you modded in to the HUD

and now you're playing like me. 100% perfect immersion. All you noobs with your whining about one little enemy hp bar don't go nearly far enough in my view.

#InvisibleHud4Life

U are too manly for me to argue against. I surrender

DLC: I know you all need to eat. But in a past post Roland mentioned it will not be "paid" DLC rather the term is being used for content after going Gold. Which one is it? Paid DLC or just "New" content that is "free dlc"?

Uncertain. Most likely free as the game is so moddable that anything released as a DLC could potentially be replicated pretty quickly and distributed (Our modding wizards assure me of this). For sure anything that is released as an intended part of the core game will be free. Just want to reiterate that in the video Joel does not say they are working on DLCs to be released during Alpha. He says they are going to (future) add tools to their editor that will make it more powerful for when they start working (future) on creating DLCs and their next product.

Also please look into ziplines and lock picking. Both were mentioned before A16, would be nice to see them added.

Ziplines are currently on the cut features list. Whether that changes remains to be seen. Devs have to weigh the value vs the work.

As for the radiation zones, i still think it would be cool if "Random gen" was on the outside of "Navezgane", Adding a way to pass the radiation and maybe some loot and story there.

A dev recently stated that this is extremely unlikely as getting the random gen part to sync up with the Navezgane part without unsightly results all along the border is night to impossible.

So by your logic since immersion is totally unimportant, we shouldn't even say, move our character... let the game move us forward... I mean, why be immersive, right? Or better yet, why are we even allowed to aim? Let's have the game do THAT for us as well... ooh ooh, and shooting? Yeh, no need! Let's just look at the screen as everything is done for us, screw immersion!

But, and I've said this before (and was ignored because I'm right), it's not about immersion, it's about gameplay. I now no longer need to make a decision on whether or not to start or continue a fight. It's that simple.

That, and it's ♥♥♥♥ing ugly.

U are too manly for me to argue against. I surrender

Those are big words to a man giving Einstein a back rub.

- - - Updated - - -

So by your logic since immersion is totally unimportant, we shouldn't even say, move our character... let the game move us forward... I mean, why be immersive, right? Or better yet, why are we even allowed to aim? Let's have the game do THAT for us as well... ooh ooh, and shooting? Yeh, no need! Let's just look at the screen as everything is done for us, screw immersion!

But, and I've said this before (and was ignored because I'm right), it's not about immersion, it's about gameplay. I now no longer need to make a decision on whether or not to start or continue a fight. It's that simple.

Dammit rep, y u no work. I think we typed UGLY at the exact same time. Whassssuuuuuuppppp!!!!!

I didnt ignore u because u were right. I ignored you because you used a big word i didnt feel like looking up.. or u mistyped it...either way it had no meaning to me... Garishness i believe was the word ;)

Archived