Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

IMO the zombies should be your problem when looting a POI, not carpal tunnel from clicking through every single container. =)

This change reduces the reasons to go into a POI in the first place, and the amount of time you stay in a POI - both of which reduce your time of potential zombie interaction.

If you really are worried about carpal tunnel (which we all know you aren't) you should have focused on how mining is conducted...

Overall - change for the worse.

-A

Overall - change for the worse.

-A

From a visual standpoint it definitely adds to the game. There's no way someone is going to go back and close all of the cupboards and such after looting a place. It shouldn't look as tidy as it does now. This helps mess things up a bit.

From a visual standpoint it definitely adds to the game. There's no way someone is going to go back and close all of the cupboards and such after looting a place. It shouldn't look as tidy as it does now. This helps mess things up a bit.

Art < Gameplay though. I get it, I do, but Chub nailed it.

Agreed - I should have clarified that better. I love the visual - but I feel that not being able to loot a cupboard just because the door is hanging open is... silly - and impacts gameplay as I noted.

I like art and enjoy what TFP is putting together artistically, but I grew up on games like Zork. Gameplay, to me, trumps everything else.

-A

This change reduces the reasons to go into a POI in the first place, and the amount of time you stay in a POI - both of which reduce your time of potential zombie interaction.

second one yes, first one no. Because there always will be closed containers that have guaranteed loot now (if you are looking from outside through a window or from the door). Also the most interesting stuff in all pois is not found in the kitchen but upstairs or in the cellar, both not easily seen from outside (unless you are thinking about circling the house with a gyrocopter :smile-new: )

1978: "Shut the door! You're letting all the cool air out!"

2018: "Shut the door! You're killing the FPS!!!"

So you mean does like on a building or a PIO door that does not really open and gives you the visual of inside the door.

it would be nice if doors had an auto close feature maybe server wide setting. this would help with trader door glitches.

When it comes to the cupboards and containers being open to show they have no loot, i like that idea since it means that looting a building will be that much faster to move on your way, better time management in my opinion, but they only showed the cupboards, does anyone think they will do the same with gun safes, fridges, and maybe have no pill bottles on the shelves at the pop n pills that are empty? Either way i am looking forward to seeing how this affects my gameplay.

Archived