Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Come on man... As a geologist, you gotta admit, it's a frikkin boring subject.

Oh man, I thought we were friends :(

You know that geologists make the bedrock?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Thats why we need new AI, Bandits, and underground threats. A17 so far has none of this but hey...there can be more colors of toilets so its all good right?

Oh man, normally I'm supposed to be the grumbling grandpa around here. Looks like I'm having competition :)

Can you confirm if A18 is going to be focused on special infected and spawn code optimization? @Madmole I realize you guys have a lot going on but one thing you could do to get some people from nagging you is add an easy to use mod suite like forge for minecraft but I don't know maybe "Fire and Brimstone mod API for 7 days to die." you may even make faster headway by making the mod api Java XD

::Notes::

Please don't think me rude I know coding is far from easy. I was simply stating my thoughts but there is no doubt the game sorely lacks types of unique infected. Also its no secret the code used for infected right now is very un-optimized heavily limiting the number of Zeds a server can have at the same time. Also I guess the last gripe would be make the world loop to add a great feeling of realism.

stop whinign guys, we will get a gyrocopter. no need to fear the zombies anymore, or spend the nights in towns during looting. everything will be fine. your problems are mini minor things.... who cares about real content, or shapes when we can finally get rid of the horror part of the game and feel safe in the air? geeeez... kids these days.

stop whinign guys, we will get a gyrocopter. no need to fear the zombies anymore, or spend the nights in towns during looting. everything will be fine. your problems are mini minor things.... who cares about real content, when we can finally get rid of the horror part of the game and feel safe in the air? geeeez... kids these days.

vultures smashing your rotor blades.. if you survive the crash you are screwed with broken legs and no base to defend !

*don´t know if its actually in but would be awesome :D

stop whinign guys, we will get a gyrocopter. no need to fear the zombies anymore, or spend the nights in towns during looting. everything will be fine. your problems are mini minor things.... who cares about real content, or shapes when we can finally get rid of the horror part of the game and feel safe in the air? geeeez... kids these days.

I was under the assumption that the gyrocopter wouldn't hold enough fuel to stay airborne through the night and that it would be a relatively late game item. Although unnecessary, I don't think it will destroy game balance. I think it will be good for getting up for a quick look around the area, maybe to spot a distant POI that you want to check out. I don't see it as magical teleportation and total horde night avoidance. I hope vultures will be a threat as some others have mentioned too, and that the maximum height is reasonable.

vultures smashing your rotor blades.. if you survive the crash you are screwed with broken legs and no base to defend !

*don´t know if its actually in but would be awesome :D

I believe in Fun Pimps.

'Fatall' is great engineer, he will construct unbreakable r-blades!

So only one thing gona brake - chicken legs :)

I can already imagine Hord Night rain.

I still think empty containers being open is a horrible idea. Will they have a chance to get loot when the area refreshes, requiring a change to appearance, and are the Fun Pimps revamping the Scavenging skill to compensate for having less containers to open for XP?

I think I read somewhere that they are working on having arrows stick in the environment. Can you make it so that Flaming Arrows will light up a small area when they stick, almost like a temporary torch? Since the flames block your ability to aim, that would make flaming arrows useful in some way rather than simply clutter in the code as they are now.

I still think empty containers being open is a horrible idea. Will they have a chance to get loot when the area refreshes, requiring a change to appearance, and are the Fun Pimps revamping the Scavenging skill to compensate for having less containers to open for XP?

I think it’s a great idea! In effect, it will be close to what we have now, except you won’t have to search each and every cabinet. I suppose scavenging should level up faster, since you’ll be searching fewer containers overall. Even if it cuts down on the total loot - and I fully expect them to rebalance as necessary - anybody can adjust the loot amount themselves in the preferences.

It would be cool if these blocks could flip from the emptied model to the intact model or vice versa, but I haven’t seen that. I’m willing to guess they are computed only once when the chunk is generated.

I think I read somewhere that they are working on having arrows stick in the environment. Can you make it so that Flaming Arrows will light up a small area when they stick, almost like a temporary torch? Since the flames block your ability to aim, that would make flaming arrows useful in some way rather than simply clutter in the code as they are now.

See the latest video for what sticking arrows can and can’t do. They can stick to entities, but not blocks. Obviously a better solution for flaming arrows blocking your view would be to adjust the art so they don’t do that.

All I really want from fire is for it to burn away a swath of grass. :)

Archived