Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

People loot POIs differently. Me.... I clean out everything ...throw crap out ...allowing the next loot time to be new refreshed items. The people that pick and choose and don't empty containers will face that problem. Their choice has consequences. Suck it!

MTFGA

:)

Yeah, I prefer being methodical in looting as well. With cities, I will hit the primary POI's first then start from one end and sweep the city clean.

But like many people, its always seems to be cars that I run out of first.

:)

Yeah, I prefer being methodical in looting as well. With cities, I will hit the primary POI's first then start from one end and sweep the city clean.

But like many people, its always seems to be cars that I run out of first.

Well we both know why that is. :)

Cars I mean.

You know. There is a funny thing about loot containers... If you leave the some of the loot in them and then come back when new loot spawns. Then you get the original loot that you left (and) new loot.

Here's how it works. After doing what I said above. Open the loot container and empty it. Then look at it again and you should see it say (untouched). Open it again for new loot.

The point is that you don't have to empty all the loot to make them work.

That's right, I forgot that people set loot to respawn! Its one of the first things I change when I start a new game. No magical power restocking the loot for me. :)

People loot POIs differently. Me.... I clean out everything ...throw crap out ...allowing the next loot time to be new refreshed items. The people that pick and choose and don't empty containers will face that problem. Their choice has consequences. Suck it!

MTFGA

Yes... as well it should... there is no game that is tailor made for every action that every player will take or choose. developers will do their best to have codes that account for a lot but cant catch all.

thats why i pick and choose who i game with and 90% of the time its SP and i have no issues that way. i paid for it and i play it where i am happy. :)

The obvious solution is auto-looting containers as you walk by them.

Or Fallout 4's loot system where it automatically shows a list of the loot when you point at the container then you can choose from that, but then people will complain about big loot bars on their screen.

next you will want larger shopping bags or movable shopping carts. :)

movable shopping carts would be realistic. I mean there is a reason why some places put those electronic devices to stop the wheels when the cart leaves the parking lot. people were bringing their groceries home in the carts and not bringing them back. I would use one in the early game before I got the minibike. save me from having to put a chest in every store of stuff that I can't use in the beginning of the game but useful later on like lead and brass.

I think it's rather that other features started to look better and the AI hasn't kept up. ;)

That's been the complaint for several alphas now. Pathing/breadcrumb system/AI....whatever ...has dragged on the game. The biggest complaint I hear from people is the proverbial wall you hit at a certain game stage. Thats why mods have popped up and become popular. They are giving the game extended life in late game. Would of liked to see temperature/clothing being worked on than having 2 deer types.. while one " all inclusive meat" is still present throughout all the animals in game. Challenge vs Reward is losing to console simplification.

Priorities are skewed from players perspective..causing the frustration....imo...oh and add on the drop off of shared information too.

Ouch

MTFGA

The obvious solution is auto-looting containers as you walk by them.

A one kilometer auto loot circle around me is the right way. Its best to just drive by POI's, that way we don't have to damage other people's doors.

Considerate and polite play style options need attention!! (Sorry for the two"!", I lost my head for a minute.)

I think it's rather that other features started to look better and the AI hasn't kept up. ;)

I don't think it has much to do with being kept up, The entity path finding abilities have (had? no idea about a17) been on a decline for at least a few major builds.

A one kilometer auto loot circle around me is the right way. Its best to just drive by POI's, that way we don't have to damage other people's doors.

Considerate and polite play style options need attention!! (Sorry for the two"!", I lost my head for a minute.)

As long as auto looting can keep up with the fastest vehicle.

Here's where leveled loot throws a wrench into that hope:

1) Someone enters a POI at level 1 and all possible loot containers in the POI check for loot and empty containers are set to open.

2) They open a few, then leave.

3) They later return to the POI at level 75, max loot perks... and find a bunch of crap items. Rage that the game sucks and will never post again on this forum! (OK, maybe not a tragedy, but you get the point) :)

That's right, I forgot that people set loot to respawn! Its one of the first things I change when I start a new game. No magical power restocking the loot for me. :)

Well then also no magical power of loot transformation. If you ever looked into a container and saw an empty can, why should there be a sniper rifle in there 5 weeks later? It still is an empty can.

Otherwise you could just leave unwanted stuff in containers to hope for a better dice roll in the future.

He should have said "computer game" instead of "game" to avoid your comment. But may I ask where footnail cleaning is defined as action in D&D?

actually after i posted my comment i looked up D&D forums and needless to say... they are plagued with complainers just like all other game forums. :) all forums with early access are as hopeless to get people to understand development means development until it is done and will have issues. :)

Archived