Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Alpha 17 is beta, and by all rights SHOULD have been a sequel there is so much work being done.

Coming around. I loved 7 Days way way back now and would have loved a release version then so we could mod and not have everything become obsolete a couple months later. Back in the single digit versions the look and feel were in as promised, just needed to add the missing features and debug. But I'll give it to ya's, you kept redoing parts over and over, better most of the time, so you weren't afraid of the work.

I didnt ignore u because u were right. I ignored you because you used a big word i didnt feel like looking up.. or u mistyped it...either way it had no meaning to me... Garishness i believe was the word ;)

Oh, horribly ugly and stands out.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, how do y'all know my pooping habit?

...and the health bar

...and the stamina bar

...and the toolbelt

...and the date and time

...and all text messages

...and all harvesting icons

...and all status popups

...and all block hp bars

...and the stealth eye

...and the crosshairs

...and the upgrade/downgrade arrow

...and all the crap you modded in to the HUD

and now you're playing like me. 100% perfect immersion. All you noobs with your whining about one little enemy hp bar don't go nearly far enough in my view.

#InvisibleHud4Life

I will add, 100% hudless is the most cinematic and perfect for in-game videos. At least that is my preference when I do prefab videos. :)

...and the health bar

...and the stamina bar

...and the toolbelt

...and the date and time

...and all text messages

...and all harvesting icons

...and all status popups

...and all block hp bars

...and the stealth eye

...and the crosshairs

...and the upgrade/downgrade arrow

...and all the crap you modded in to the HUD

and now you're playing like me. 100% perfect immersion. All you noobs with your whining about one little enemy hp bar don't go nearly far enough in my view.

#InvisibleHud4Life

That's a good start but if you're really hardcore you'd do like me and turn off your screen and just play using sound from a pair of headphones.

I'm working on no screen and no sound but it's proving to be too immersive.

I know some that uninstalled the game, talk about taking no HUD to the extreme, they are so hardcore they probably get all the girls...

but it's all about getting early access to early access just so they can say they got it earlier then everyone else.

if most people got their way, they would have the fixes taken straight from the devs compiler and never sent to steam and then complain because it didn't fix what they deemed was game breaking.

it's a mad mad mad mad mad world "yep I seen and loved that movie" :) thanks to all who really understand and have the patience. "you know who you are"

W

A dev recently stated that this is extremely unlikely as getting the random gen part to sync up with the Navezgane part without unsightly results all along the border is night to impossible.

What a bout a river all the way around the Navezgane part (so Nav is a big island) and random gen from there out?

- - - Updated - - -

oooh... thats what... Wait...too risky

risky or risqué?

Anyone else feeling somewhat disappointed that Roland's Everdeen is arrows sticking to enemies?

No offence intended..

Nope. I've been wanting those for years now. I'm sure there are other unnamed surprises coming our way that Roland can add funky project names to.

I'm curious what Roanoke could be...

Don't pretend you don't like the attention, Mr. Innocent! You only announce it twice a day....

-A

I don't even bother with those announcements anymore...I just wait for his Christmas Newsletter with the complete annual update. I also think next year he is putting out a calendar with full color photos of 12 of his most outstanding moments.

...Ziplines are currently on the cut features list. Whether that changes remains to be seen. Devs have to weigh the value vs the work...

I'm preaching to the head of the choir here I know, but I think the amount of people who want the ziplines in the game should represent a high enough 'value' to justify the work.

I wonder why they were cut (see what I did there?).

Worked fine in the demo, I guess they didn't feel like fixing the clipping.

Maybe if they don't introduce it to the game, they'll at least leave what work they did on it in the code at release. Then modders can play with it. It won't be as good as if the Pimps did it, but it will work good enough for most mod players- we're a forgiving bunch most of the time.

Archived