Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Achievement Hunters 7DTD recent videos have not shown the game in a glowing light, point in case their recent video... Honestly, I would prefer for The Fun Pimps to focus on optimising what they have instead of pumping in new stuff that just breaks the game more.

Well fortunately they don't listen to whomever people like that are because that is the WORST thing they can do. The entire point of an alpha is to add in new content, you do not optimize during it any more then the bare necessity as the time you spend optimizing would be wasted as soon as you start changing the code again.

It's like cleaning a house while you are in the middle of building it. The work is completely wasted.

Achievement Hunters 7DTD recent videos have not shown the game in a glowing light, point in case their recent video... Honestly, I would prefer for The Fun Pimps to focus on optimising what they have instead of pumping in new stuff that just breaks the game more.

Who are achievement hunters and why would i care what they think of the game?

Optimization comes in Beta after most features are finalized.. with pretty much any game

Who are achievement hunters and why would i care what they think of the game?

Optimization comes in Beta after most features are finalized.. with pretty much any game

They are YouTubers. I really enjoyed their Alpha 15 videos. Never saw the Alpha 16 videos. If I recall correctly, there were 5 or 6 guys playing the game together. Most of them didn't really know what they were doing at first, and it was hilarious to watch them fumble their way around the game as noobs. I can see why alpha 16 might not shine as brightly. There were a lot of new features in the game and it's a bit more buggy. I say this as a loyal hardcore fan of the game who believes it will all get smoothed out in the end. The current state of the game is temporary.

Technically, that would be Autogyro not a Gyrocopter. All though folks have been using the gyro term as slang for push propeller Autogyro.

Those don't hover as someone else mentions, hope the non-hovering minimum airspeed requirement gets modeled in the game if this goes live.

I called it a gyrocopter because the model was called that, but I like the slang name.

I was thinking it would be a real helicopter, but as I looked at it, it became clear this should handle like an aircraft. I already have a lift force based on top rotor speed, but I still need to couple that rate to the forward speed, which would mean you'd have to build up some ground speed to take off. That would make this feel very different from a real helicopter, which I'd still like to add.

I called it a gyrocopter because the model was called that, but I like the slang name.

I was thinking it would be a real helicopter, but as I looked at it, it became clear this should handle like an aircraft. I already have a lift force based on top rotor speed, but I still need to couple that rate to the forward speed, which would mean you'd have to build up some ground speed to take off. That would make this feel very different from a real helicopter, which I'd still like to add.

And I'd like you to add it!

With missiles!

The top rotor freely spins. There is nothing hooked up to it. It is a simple design. The top rotor is tilted back some, so air coming from the front from either forward motion, the wind or the back prop pulling air from the front causes it to spin. Once spinning it takes a while to slow down once forward air is removed, so it can flair up for a soft landing.

You don't need to understand it to fly it. You move forward and lift into the air. These are video game controls.

The top rotor freely spins. There is nothing hooked up to it. It is a simple design. The top rotor is tilted back some, so air coming from the front from either forward motion, the wind or the back prop pulling air from the front causes it to spin. Once spinning it takes a while to slow down once forward air is removed, so it can flair up for a soft landing.

You don't need to understand it to fly it. You move forward and lift into the air. These are video game controls.

Will the gyrocopter fly in real life when not at all wind?

Yes. You start by turning top rotor with hand, then as you drive down runway, the top rotor gets faster until it gives enough lift to leave the ground.

I am surprised that they don't use something like bike parts to get that propeller to spin up IRL. I mean it would be more efficient to peddle that up to speed, as well as safer.

Hey Roland,

Another question for ya or two.

1. How comprehensive do you think the current list of updates is as per the first few posts of this thread? Would you or MM say it's about 50%/75% or something else as to what A17 is shaping into?

2. It seems like the core of A17 is code and feature framework polishing as well as vehicles and physics. Would you guys add anything else to what represents the core of what A17 is aiming for?

they failed to update their server when the random gen was changed. A lot of us had a similar experience ...last fall. Or maybe last spring/summer I can't flippin' remember.

I always hoped for ziplines. They were never a part of the kickstarter goals but I was still hopeful. Then, one day Joel announced they were interested in the idea. About a year later he even showed some preliminary work on ziplines and said they were planned, hopefully for A16. Then A16 came out and ziplines didn't make the cut. Shortly after that, Joel announced that ziplines were being dropped for the foreseeable future and most likely wouldn't be in the game.

I was disappointed but that's the way of development. The pimps giveth and the pimps taketh away.

I know this is a necro in a way but did you ever get a chance to play with them? Knowing full well they were probably not final if you did get to play was it at least a "bucket List" type moment getting to see it in game? I would imagine it was pretty cool and wondered if you got to play around with it.

Control room block etc

Hey Roland.

Have a question about a17.

Will it be possible to purchase or craft control room blocks?

Do u have any information about a 17 MM video?

And 1 question to the community: have u guys noticed electric fence post bug?

After reconnecting to the server one point of fastening change and leave under the ground?

I hope it will change in a17.

Archived