Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

@fataal

It would be nice if the vehicle xml's have settings like "isFlyer, isSwimmer, isDiver" or something along those lines, that way when we add custom vehicles ourselves we don't have to use wizardry to get them to work.

If y'all haven't already set modders up for success already.

Some like yourself obviously have, respect for the head Fkbugs. On a serious note. Guppy, I dint na half what you pipe on about backend. but frontend, clearly see the workings, thank you man. your an asset to the crusade

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if it is doable I'm sure someone has already. The fact that all of them I see aren't like that leads me to believe that the engineers that designed them probably have a reason. Could be as simple as it does actually become a death trap if you artificially get the blade spinning faster than the current forward momentum would.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the death trap part has nothing to do with getting the blade spinning fast enough for take off. You fail that and you just stay on the ground. I'd say the death trap part comes when you stall the thing out by doing something stupid that kills your forward momentum when you are 100ft up in the air.

Old Ladders, and the Old Minibike!! Period. my 1st MB killed me 3 times trying to mount. Starting with the bmx may have been better. May? lol

Learn to READ instead of reading what you want it to say. No one said anything, even remotely, about Engineers being wrong NO WHERE. You are making crap up now!.

..And srry! If you pedal a bike and stop pedaling while you are on it! The tires are freely turning or freely spinning no matter how you try and refute it!

I'm going to stop now. Have fun with your response with some other make believe argument.

Where did I say you all mentioned engineers? I made a simple comment back to someone, not you by the way, about whether connecting pedals was a good idea. Hint: It's not, or someone would have done it in the last 100 years. You then jumped in and wanted to argue the definition of "free spinning". Which barely had anything to do with whether it would be a good idea or not anyway.

There are reasons they are UNPOWERED. And not having to compensate for torque is pretty much the biggest of those. Anything that changes that would have to be compensated for in some other way and you would no longer have the same type of aircraft.

1 problem I see with vehicles entering water is basically it is a block entering the water, like a wood frame. it destroys the water leaving those holes.

question, will vehicles act as blocks or entities? entities wouldnt leave the holes

They're already entities, so no worries.

Faatal...if the gyro is to be added in game...whenever....shouldnt some type of airport POI be put into game to find parts or a full one? Would be nice . Are your POI guys working on one. I made 2 types that are pretty basic ...

Airport maybe, but in a few months or years of apocalypse things could get moved around, so finding a gyrocopter would be fine in a garage or backyard, since maybe they flew it home to get to their family and that is where it was left.

With all the new vehicles I was wondering what considerations have been given to world size and the issues involved as one traverses further from 0,0?

Examples:

Will world size be increasing?

Will the shakes, separation, and shadow issues (basically distance from 0,0 issues) be fixed?

How do the distance from 0,0 issues impact vehicle usage?

Size, maybe.

The game now has a dynamic origin point, which seems to be working well.

Well, if it is doable I'm sure someone has already. The fact that all of them I see aren't like that leads me to believe that the engineers that designed them probably have a reason. Could be as simple as it does actually become a death trap if you artificially get the blade spinning faster than the current forward momentum would.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the death trap part has nothing to do with getting the blade spinning fast enough for take off. You fail that and you just stay on the ground. I'd say the death trap part comes when you stall the thing out by doing something stupid that kills your forward momentum when you are 100ft up in the air.

Death trap was a joke about the fact you are sitting in an open frame, with your feet hanging off the seat in open air. It looks like you could easily die, but gyro vehicles supposedly have a very good safety record in the real world.

@fataal

It would be nice if the vehicle xml's have settings like "isFlyer, isSwimmer, isDiver" or something along those lines, that way when we add custom vehicles ourselves we don't have to use wizardry to get them to work.

If y'all haven't already set modders up for success already.

Hopefully I'll get a lot of stuff in xml, so fun can be had.

1 problem I see with vehicles entering water is basically it is a block entering the water, like a wood frame. it destroys the water leaving those holes.

question, will vehicles act as blocks or entities? entities wouldnt leave the holes

As Guppycur said, they are entities. You can drive/fly any of them in water currently and they do nothing to water blocks.

Size, maybe.

The game now has a dynamic origin point, which seems to be working well.

Heh! We ran into that when making an endless runner in Unity. We had to roll the terrain under the player like a treadmill. I don’t know how that would work in multiplayer, though. Is the origin point set locally for each client?

Didn't write and don't remember the code that well, but it should just be local to you based on your location in world.

Best news (besides airships and lesser vehicles) of A17! The implications are mind boggling! I am now officially hyped! You may release the Kraken for our humble (no crybaby) testing! :D

Best news (besides airships and lesser vehicles) of A17! The implications are mind boggling! I am now officially hyped! You may release the Kraken for our humble (no crybaby) testing! :D

bwahahaha!!! no crybaby. as if that will stop them. besides, we have another 4 months to go before public testing. if we get to after the last batch of crybabies

Oh I'm sure they'll have experimental for A17. Roland would have to deal with a horde of grumpy forum members, and I don't think the Pimps would be that mean to him.

this is mm and the pimps, after months of work and very little appreciation, and roland... in the corner... in a gimp suit.

this is mm and the pimps, after months of work and very little appreciation, and roland... in the corner... in a gimp suit.

If Roland teaches 7th or 8th graders then that's just another day at work. :) My sister taught them for a few years... humor, humor is your only hope, so she said. I was offered a job (I never was a teacher and they called me!) to teach SQL at a local college, but I turned them down. Retired and keeping it that way. :)

Yes! I've been waiting to add this to the list for months.

Yup! You could snap together a part 2 (3, 4, 5...) with the original game and play them together or separately!

Having a real world sized playing field is possible with something like what Empyrion is doing ("Green wall" type of "Mega Block" loading might be all a person would notice). Biomes 100's of miles across...

I cant wait! :D

Archived