Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The following are just my thoughts on why an Airship could be important to very late game, the games ending and progression into a part2:

Part2 might have extensive travel/adventures. Radiation zones could be 100's of miles across, you might miss a river or a settlement if you are driving and struggle with impassable terrain. Small planes don't have the range.

The whole process of getting the large amount of resources to make one including finding the plans for one would take the last 1-3 weeks of the game and escape with one other NPC before some disaster happens (for a good climactic end). :)

Part 2 might have many maps that need to be explored and an airship would have the endurance.

I was wondering if it would be possible for the devs to implement a walk speed range for zombies so we dont have to create duplicate zombies with various walk speeds in order to mix it up. Something to think about anyways.

That should already work either with an ability or buff.

The following are just my thoughts on why an Airship could be important to very late game, the games ending and progression into a part2:

Part2 might have extensive travel/adventures. Radiation zones could be 100's of miles across, you might miss a river or a settlement if you are driving and struggle with impassable terrain. Small planes don't have the range.

The whole process of getting the large amount of resources to make one including finding the plans for one would take the last 1-3 weeks of the game and escape with one other NPC before some disaster happens (for a good climactic end). :)

Part 2 might have many maps that need to be explored and an airship would have the endurance.

EDit: Also, with an airship TFP's have a near infinite number of places you could end up! No other vehicle could give them a seamless story line like that! A two week hurricane or some malfunction.

Oops

That should already work either with an ability or buff.

No it wont work using buff or an ability unless for A 17 there is a way to make an ability or buff be randomly applied to a zombie when they spawn in.

Otherwise if you spawn in a biker for eg all bikers will have the same buff or ability applied.

You could make the buff or ability vary over time going up or down but that is not what I am talking about with having a variable walk speed range.

What I am suggesting is that when the first biker is spawned in he gets a permanent walk speed within a set range and the next biker would get a different permanent walk speed within that same set range.

A radiation suit that lets you travel across the map border into a "new map" would do that.

You could bring one vehicle of your choice with you.

I know this is beyond the scope of A17, but since we’re talking about it... if this ever happens, I suggest the player can only bring their tool belt with them. That’s what will make it feel like a clean slate, without limiting playstyles. The explorer wants to bring their vehicle, but the builder wants to bring a stack of concrete mix, the fighter wants to bring their best rifle, the dead-is-dead survivalist wants to bring medicine, the nomadic trader wants to bring Dukes, and so on.

Their latest attempts have been pretty bad as well. The last one blew up at the end of July 2017 in California.

Yeah. Say what you want but the U.S. is the only nation that put men on another world. Twelve to be exact.

But my point is that we would not have gotten that far if we simply gave up.

You mean when Madmole said he was on strike?

"Yep, I'm on strike. No more updates."

- MadMole

Damn that took a while to find, by the Queen's beard, we don't half talk some balderdash. By we I mean I. By balderdash I mean complete and utter bollocks.

No idea on how long he was on strike for. Perhaps Roland could slide him a snickers and try to coax him back behind the keyboard.

Edited: Seriously? Bollocks made it through the profanity filter and yet I still can't name the city of S♥♥♥♥horpe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S♥♥♥♥horpe

Lol, not even url's are immune :-)

Yeah. Say what you want but the U.S. is the only nation that put men on another world. Twelve to be exact.

But my point is that we would not have gotten that far if we simply gave up.

Don't worry, as soon as anything of value is found up there we'll be colonizing it pretty quickly. If history is anything to go by probably by emptying our prisons :-)

I know this is beyond the scope of A17, but since we’re talking about it... if this ever happens, I suggest the player can only bring their tool belt with them. That’s what will make it feel like a clean slate, without limiting playstyles. The explorer wants to bring their vehicle, but the builder wants to bring a stack of concrete mix, the fighter wants to bring their best rifle, the dead-is-dead survivalist wants to bring medicine, the nomadic trader wants to bring Dukes, and so on.

I really wonder whether starting on Day 1 in a new map as a high level character would really be fun at all or challenging in the least. Maybe a new land but the day count remains the same?

On the subject of days... PLEASE change the in game label to Week 17 day 6. Instead of Day 102. Its such a pain calculating when the next attack is.

No, I want it to be even worse. The first blood moon should be random from 2 to 7 days and then it be at 7 days intervals. You would have to keep track yourself. No more simple math.

I never liked that you happen to show up exactly the morning after a blood moon.

Archived