Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well we could make a new firemen's outfit for the game.

Plus a fire station and fire trucks to go with it. :)

A turnout coat would be cool in game. the fire zombie should be a fireman...I tried and tried but no luck!! At least give him a helmet!!The firehouses in game are WAY to NEW. Mine was over 100 years old and the kitchen used to be the stables for the horses.

15 minutes of flame? :p

EDIT: And it's real close to Chronic Cougar

Flames.Flamer zombies...not that there is anything wrong with that!!..we need more of them in game!

Ouch

A turnout coat would be cool in game. the fire zombie should be a fireman...I tried and tried but no luck!! At least give him a helmet!!The firehouses in game are WAY to NEW. Mine was over 100 years old and the kitchen used to be the stables for the horses.

Flames.Flamer zombies...not that there is anything wrong with that!!..we need more of them in game!

Ouch

Wow. That sounds HOT!

Get it hot. lol

zombies are dead and would be invisible to thermal sight, since they're cold... I think...

I always wondered that too. I know they are dead so they don't have a body core temp I suppose but if they are moving the muscles must be in play somehow and I would think that would make them warmer than the surrounding temp. Sort of how we jump around when cold to warm up. (If they got too cold they would freeze and wouldn't be able to move would they?) I guess it is up to the devs how this one plays out.

They arent dead if they are moving and eating......just a different form of life

Yeah they aren't really "Zombies" per say.

they are more like "Infected"

Apples and oranges?

Walking dead Vs 28 days

- - - Updated - - -

So thermal goggles for A18...check. :D

you could always mod the Googles...it works the same way as Empyrion edits do...

Just change the Color

zombies are dead and would be invisible to thermal sight, since they're cold... I think...

That depends on whether there body's are decomposing. If they are you could still see them on thermos just you would a compost pile. Because both would give off heat.

Naturally movement would generate heat to.

Thermal goggles would be good for hunting animals and.... PLAYERS!

Think about how cool it would be in PvP to run around having players highlighted in the distance!

Sounds like having a scope with IR in Battlefield 4. Poor souls loose chance, no matter day or night. Which actually brakes the gameplay a bit , but man .. its technology, we must evolve and use it for better. I agree on adding maybe a couple of scopes with IR for sniper and hunting rifle.

Btw , just a though. Adding timer for how long night goggles could be used at a time, like with being with batteries which do not work properly in the apocalypce and dang, you get low life for being badass with night goggles. And when they are off battery, screaming starts.

Btw , just a though. Adding timer for how long night goggles could be used at a time, like with being with batteries which do not work properly in the apocalypce and dang, you get low life for being badass with night goggles. And when they are off battery, screaming starts.

Excellent idea from a simulation (and horror) aspect and I'm sure Roland would be pleased ;-).

There's a drawback though: NVGs are the equalizer that allows normal and inexperienced players to go out at night instead of hiding in their bunker. I've seen this tendency even with fairly experienced players who should be able to survive such encounters without NGVs with the right prepraration.

In other words, a realistically short timer would drive most players to an undesirable style of play bad for their enjoyment of the game. If TFP implements this, the timer should be fairly lax, like half a night or more, and the "interesting" settings should be kept for modders.

There's a drawback though: NVGs are the equalizer that allows normal and inexperienced players to go out at night instead of hiding in their bunker. I've seen this tendency even with fairly experienced players who should be able to survive such encounters without NGVs with the right prepraration.

My group of co-op players never go out at night, even with NVGs. But we do find them very useful for post-dawn raids of buildings, since they let you see the sleepers without having to shine a light around which would disturb them.

My group of co-op players never go out at night, even with NVGs. But we do find them very useful for post-dawn raids of buildings, since they let you see the sleepers without having to shine a light around which would disturb them.

I go outside at night all the time without them. A16 is not scary even at night. It's fairly easy to avoid and/or kill the zombies. Get yourself a mining helmet and you can coax the zombies to run straight at you making them easy targets. :p

In my experience without an external source of some light the NVG's don't have a long viewing distance. With some well placed torches though they seem to work really really well. For horde night I once had a huge concrete floor put down outside my base and put a few torches on pillars along the outer edge. With the goggles I could pick out the zombies pretty clearly.

If they added a battery which ran down, I wouldn't say no if they added an icon to show battery level like on a phone.

I go outside at night all the time without them. A16 is not scary TO ME even at night. It's fairly easy FOR ME to avoid and/or kill the zombies. Get yourself a mining helmet and you can coax the zombies to run straight at you making them easy targets. :p

There, fixed that :smile-new:

Most regular posters in this forum don't belong to the "normal" group. Your words of advice will probably change nothing on the server of Nice Cup Of Tea. And certainly will have zero impact on all the other players who never read your message tucked away in an overlong thread that is now at 631 pages and continually growing.

Most regular posters in this forum don't belong to the "normal" group. Your words of advice will probably change nothing on the server of Nice Cup Of Tea. And certainly will have zero impact on all the other players who never read your message tucked away in an overlong thread that is now at 631 pages and continually growing.

Well I read it...

But I do agree on your fixing of his text and your sentiment in general ;).

Thinking everyone is playing the same way you are or have the same feelings about this or that, is very self centered...

OP should learn to view things from other people's perspective and not just his own.

I'm old now. I like this game so much. I even do not flood on forum. But I really want to see a new patch ) I played this game for 4 years :)

But thanks devs for this insane game. When you can build and craft and do whatever you want it's awesome.

Well I read it...

But I do agree on your fixing of his text and your sentiment in general ;).

Thinking everyone is playing the same way you are or have the same feelings about this or that, is very self centered...

OP should learn to view things from other people's perspective and not just his own.

Or, people reading the OP's remark could just innately understand that, of course, he is giving HIS perspective. There is zero reason for someone to have to spread several "to me" and "in my opinion" remarks throughout a post to make sure other people realize he is giving HIS opinion. Of course it is his opinion. I've never read a remark by anyone that I didn't understand that fact.

How do those words fix it? Of course I was voicing my own opinion. Who's opinion would I be writing about otherwise?

How do those words fix it? Of course I was voicing my own opinion. Who's opinion would I be writing about otherwise?

It wasn't about opinion, it was about what is easy or scary to you, which might not be easy or scary to someone else, especially normal players. This isn't self centered (@Menace312), it just means it is difficult for long time players to experience anything in the game like a new or "normal" player would experience them. (Your text also actually wasn't missing the words, my "fix" was just to illustrate that our situation is different to that of normal players).

Archived