Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

you're god damn right

Yes, yes, please keep up. :)

Please note that the above are absolute irrevocable universal independently objective truths. Any implied or explicitly stated occurrences of the phrases "to me", "for me", or "in my opinion" were either accidental or a placation device.

[*] Book keeping can be done by the computer but there is no reason to keep day and time on the main play screen. That is definitely something that could be checked on the map page as needed. Even in real life I have to check the day and time on a device to remember when I am.

Roland, wouldn't you agree, no matter what screen the days are displayed on, it would be easier to read and more aesthetically pleasing to see it as Week 34 Day 5... instead of Day 203 (having to figure out when the next horde is coming)

[*] Pure leveled loot has never existed in this game. The hybrid system is more leveled probability tables. If they add POI specific loot based on difficulty then it would be perfect but they don't have to replace what we have.

To support your point, I just found quality 562 tires on day 1. High quality loot is always possible, just less likely at lower levels.

Roland, wouldn't you agree, no matter what screen the days are displayed on, it would be easier to read and more aesthetically pleasing to see it as Week 34 Day 5... instead of Day 203 (having to figure out when the next horde is coming)

I think a fade in and out of Sunday, Monday, etc. during the morning music would be more cinematic and pleasing. And then Saturday would be written in red.

Week # Day # or total Days would be fine as a stat on a stat page or on the map screen and probably necessary as server info.

I am a math teacher by trade so I'm never opposed to dividing by 7....

I think we need to " Release the Kracken"

This is the only game that doesn't get updates on a "regular" basis. Empyrion just put out another Alpha patch . It is a similar size company that started their release after 7DTD...by almost a year.

And they have water physics that are awesome, you can swim,build a spaceship, fly around and they have a blueprint system. It's voxel based too.

Regards

OUCH

I think we need to " Release the Kracken"

This is the only game that doesn't get updates on a "regular" basis. Empyrion just put out another Alpha patch . It is a similar size company that started their release after 7DTD...by almost a year.

And they have water physics that are awesome, you can swim,build a spaceship, fly around and they have a blueprint system. It's voxel based too.

Regards

OUCH

And how well has that patch been accepted by the players/community?

Not quite a unmitigated disaster but... It's bad.

I guess....but I can tell you that I personally know at least 30 people who stopped playing this game from lack of updates. I keep them up to date between Discord and Teamspeak....but many are moving on....

It is what it is.

Alot of new survival type games are coming out this year to fill the void! Sad but true.

Ouch

And how well has that patch been accepted by the players/community?

Not quite a unmitigated disaster but... It's bad.

I havent played it yet but they are farther along then here and are quick to fix anything that doesnt work. Hell they had a full poll to ask the community what they wanted and needed as well of a direction of the game.

I havent played it yet but they are farther along then here and are quick to fix anything that doesnt work. Hell they had a full poll to ask the community what they wanted and needed as well of a direction of the game.

I filled out that poll lol ;)

Empyrion has pretty blocks but the game play, AI, multiplayer and general game loop all desperately need work.

If I had to give it a rating it would be pretty poor, I have 250 or so hours in it so I have given it a fair chance and check it out briefly each new alpha.

Thank goodness. They really need a direction pointed out for them. I haven’t picked that game up in almost a year and neither have my friends. :p

Building to a ship that can leave the planet and fly to one of the other planets you can see in the heavens is amazing but it’s not enough for a minimal builder like me. The game is great for avid builders I’m sure.

Empyrion has pretty blocks but the game play, AI, multiplayer and general game loop all desperately need work.

I have it and want to like it, but each time I try to play it, the crash landing and wandering around a bit is cool and then in an hour or two it becomes "what am I doing?" and I lose interest.

Pretty much what Gronk said.

Empyrion let's you build quite large space craft etc. but does not provide the 'why?'.

It's not for survival purposes, or to combat some overarching threat eg. the drones could have been part of an 'evil robot empire' or something that you essentially need the ships and vehicles to defeat, travelling from world to world, getting better tech to take them on at their homeworld or similar.

Give me threats that require a space battle ship to combat them effectively, give them a purpose in terms of game play.

It reminds me of Lego in space with some minor survival and pve mechanics tacked on.

7DtD can almost just get away with the premise that the main goal is to survive and then survive some more.

That is not to say that more meaningful late game mechanics would not help 7DtD, they would without a doubt.

I can't complain. Based on playtime I got my money's worth out of Empyrion but most of that was tinkering and optimising ship designs.

Once I had sufficiently gazz ships I found myself flying around and harvesting resources... in order to fly around and harvest resources.

Game over.

I would actually recommend it to anyone who wants to try a spacey 7DTD. Just don't expect it to last.

just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the update

sad to see that it wont be out in jan

but id rather a polish single patch than 50 million rushed patches ^_-

and quick question is there a road map post

somthing that shows how the game will be dev and what will or will not be added down the road

Archived