Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Maybe using one First Aid Kit should ether remove the debuff or subtract 10 minutes from the timer each use?

That way dying has a cost, just not game breaking from some.

Just a thought, can u offset the effects some with consumables? That would be a good trade off to me.

I'm thinking about starting a new game because the last update has broken a few things to me. Did TFP fix the missing skyscrapers in RWG with the patch?

When there are still no skyscrapers I will play on Navezgane, even when I don't like Navezgane with the burnt/detroyed biome in the center.

I just raided a Bank POI and this was all I got...

I also wanted to know how the 'Eye' slot items worked? If at all? Wearing Nerd Glasses doesn't seem to improve my crafting quality, and I don't notice anything marginally different wearing shades for a +2 Perception bonus.

I also was greatly dissapointed in Lucky Looter perk and I suspect it doesn't work. As for +skill bonuses, you need to have the level requirement for them. So to have +2 intellect (and crafting quality bonus) you need to NOT have your intellect capped for your current level (am I clear?). And it makes all those +skill items and buffs from drugs useless if you are capped. Also the leadership perk doesn't help your comrades if they are capped (but I didn't try it, so not 100% sure).

Burnt Biome plus factor... (for me)

1. you can hear the zombies (crackling SOBs cant sneak up on you), (unless you do not have speakers or headphone)

2. you can see them at night (well.... the burning ones you can at least)

3. wood and coal from chopping down trees

4. you can see birds nests easier (at least i can)

5. FPS is rather nice compared to forest biome

these are my points about burnt biome now and not reflective of other players :)

1. you can hear the zombies (crackling SOBs cant sneak up on you), (unless you do not have speakers or headphone)

these are my points about burnt biome now and not reflective of other players :)

Burning forest is awesome, why is this even a discussion?

Water is all over the place in the sinks and toilets. Get cooking utensils early by searching the ovens. Get eggs from very easy to see birds nests?

Burning forest is awesome, why is this even a discussion?

Water is all over the place in the sinks and toilets. Get cooking utensils early by searching the ovens. Get eggs from very easy to see birds nests?

I love how I easily get wrenches by going to those ruins of buildings. Much easier than going to a city and invading house per house, with a bunch of sleepers

Now that Perlin mentions it, along w your points unholyjoe, I had a start in burnt biome and believe I found a pot & wrench(?) just from looting the 'one corner standing' houses scattered all around. I'll have to remember that :)

I'd also really enjoy a 'beach biome', but since the map is nominally Arizona... ah-ha! Earthquake! Cali has slid into the sea, leaving West side of AZ now beach front property :D

And the new desert is actually pretty close to the high desert Sedona area north of Phoenix. Though the old desert is a closer match for the lower elevations of the state. Phoenix metro & Tucson would be Wastelands. Long term polish might be cool to bring back old desert and tweak sedona desert a bit cooler (it's at 4,350 ft, ~3,300 above Phoenix & 10d F cooler w July ave 97F)

Heck if I followed Gups terrain map example then new rwg seems like it will allow folks to map States/Countries pretty convincingly. Looking forward to those fer sure.

can we just fix the damn eac timeouts? you can create all the features you want, but if people cant login without timing out due to eac issues ( been reported in bug reports every build ) whats the point of it?

I never had this happen. Not once, since A14...

Is it a server side issue or bad bandwidth?

Blade traps are a lot of fun, but they are expensive to repair and dont have much hp. I wish there was a tier 2 blade trap that doubled the hp. As of right now it's more optimal to just use turrets and forget about blade traps entirely.

Do they give xp? I ain't using it if there's no xp. U see what TFP have done to me.

Hi. Can anybody help me. Im getting an error when i access the map.

"failed to read past end of stream".

when i close map, i can move for about 10 blocks, then i fall through the world. When i reappear, my character is frozen and i have to ctrl,alt,del and close 7days.

This only started happening to me on B208.

Playing MP on RWG. Nobody else having the problem.

I have unistalled/reinstalled twice.

to add to your list

6.) Brass faucets easily found in a lot of the burnt out POIs

7.) Usually a good amount of water and food from sinks and stoves in same POIs

8.) I can see the damned rabbits easier.

After playing more a17 i have more thoughts... i hate how higher tier weapons and tools just affect durability and mod slots, alot of items like the compound bow only has a couple mods for it. Beer is useless now as it only lasts seconds. And you shouldn’t get a blurry effect after just 1 beer thats stupid. Perks feel shallow now, i do like the quicker draw with the bow that, i can shoot like Legolas 😂. What i dont like is low level zeds taking 2 headshots with steel arrows and a lvl 6 compound bow.

Next thing, and this might not be popular, but i dislike the way weapons and tools are levelled now, i like how before tools degraded over time with repairs and you had to keep on top of making new ones, this new system feels way to streamlined and overall crafting doesnt feel as rewarding. Next weapons, i dislike how theres no more parts, i enjoyed slowly upgrading weapons over time and it really felt rewarding when that shotgun (with grey quality) you found on day 5, turned into a 550 quality badass shotgun by day 40. Things that that i miss. And the new maps omg, i rented a 12 slot server from bluefang, and the map is so small only 2 different biomes spawned, i can run from one end to the other in a day easy. The new vehicles are nice, theres some things i dont like but feel its not to big of an issue. Also the fact fov cant be adjusted easy and is stuck on 65 is total cancer. Really the most iv liked of this update is the new zombie ai, other then that, this update did not feel worth the wait and had much more fun playing overhaul mods for a16. This is just my opinion, thanks for reading this.

Edit: i just though of this and one thing i will say. Melee is a major improvment, i never used melee and now its one of my favourite things to do. Power smashing a zeds head with a sledgehammer is AMAZING.

Archived