Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

VEHICLE STORAGE

Is there any vehicle storage or has that been removed? The minibike you could put a basket on it and it would give you some storage. Is there a mod for this or is it coming and it hasn't been implemented?

all vehicle has storage..of different capacity

Speaking of 'bullet sponges', I don't think people should complain about it if they are playing on insane. If TFP nerf it, then we'll one shot them on default 'nomad'. What is the point of perks and weapon mods if you can kill a zed without them? Try shooting a feral with a maxed character and upgraded gun! Not a problem.

But a separate setting for damage and health would be welcome for fine tuning the diffuculty for different player preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

i got a b x y lt rt lb rb

whats e ?

no idea, never touched a game pad.

Speaking of 'bullet sponges', I don't think people should complain about it if they are playing on insane. If TFP nerf it, then we'll one shot them on default 'nomad'. What is the point of perks and weapon mods if you can kill a zed without them? Try shooting a feral with a maxed character and upgraded gun! Not a problem.

But a separate setting for damage and health would be welcome for fine tuning the diffuculty for different player preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

I am def not saying to nerf it, imo i hate when they nerf stuff. I am asking to tweak it to zombie types we like. I like Resident Evil movies. They are fast, they catch you and you are pretty f'd. (And can even argue zombies being intelligent that people complain against) But, they still die with a few shots (not saying 1 or even 2 shot, but not 10+).

That is why i would like to see their hp and their damage as different settings. 200% damage. Let a nightmare feral catch me and be able to take me down in 2-3 hits even geared. I want to be on my toes, make sure i dont get caught off guard. The only bullet sponge I want to see cough cough is a behomoth like zombie come back (now that was a bullet sponge in RE 2, that massive guy)

That would probably be my ideal server setting. 200% zombie damage, 100% player damage, Walk Day/Run Night (normal speed). Ferals always run at nightmare speed. 25% loot.

You need to hit the zombie for that to work better.

Without any attributes or perks a basic feral on insane took 25 damage from a steel crossbow bolt, 38 on a headshot.

At 225 HP it would take 6-9 bolts.

If you need 300 then your hit probability is around 2.5%.

@ Jugginator

Image quality is horrible but that looks more like a radiated, not a feral.

Completely different ballgame.

Yeah I know lol, I didn't feel like re-launching the game. I'll do it again tomorrow sometime if I feel up to it. Idk why it does that, if the game launches in max resolution (which I cannot play at lol) and I change it to something else, I drop about 40% FPS on my normal settings *shrug* experimental lol. Sometimes it works first launch, sometimes I gotta close and open again, sometimes I have to do it 5 times in a row lmao.

I thought radiated were tougher? But yeah 300 no way lol. The radiated one like I said didn't even take but 40 steel arrows at level 1 with no perks. I'd say that's fair on insane mode.

Right, that is the old spike, which has New in the name probably from replacing an even older spike.

Zombie vs spike interactions will probably be changing anyway, since Gazz and I talked about making them avoid spikes less, but the path cost code that needs to change for it is not simple, since that code does not know about blocks. On my todo list.

thanks

There's another case of weird behavior in a PoI where the zombie will avoid coming direct to me but instead go upstairs and dig back to me. In that case however the path is not clean as it was in the spike situation.

On a note, I like the "avoid spikes less". I have kind of a maze between spikes and the wight dodged them like a boss. That damn slow vault door killed me before I could enter my base :)

I thought radiated were tougher? But yeah 300 no way lol. The radiated one like I said didn't even take but 40 steel arrows at level 1 with no perks. I'd say that's fair on insane mode.

As far as I know, radiated have same hp, but they also have ability to recover their health. It means that even 1k of steel bolts can be to few to kill them, if you would hit them 1 bolt per h. I dont know the exact regeneration ratio, but you can check this in xml files.

I doubt it. I don't think that work will be done until all the localization strings are not being changed and added every day. I don't know how we get that done. I assume some company translates it once stable.

Thank you! let's wait for that day

A tester reminded me of that today, so I added the entries to that file.

Indeed, I found the old running to be annoying, which is now called Sprint.

I didn't mention that there are now 4 settings to choose from plus Nightmare that I added today:

Walk, Jog, Run, Sprint or Nightmare.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

they DO need a better headshot multiplier, a normal sleeper zed can eat a magnum shot to the head, get up, take another magnum shot to the head, fall down get up, take ANOTHER magnum shot to the head, MAYBE die, and then actually die on the 4th shot.

As it stands right now, the concepts are there but it looks like we're going to be looking to modders to actually balance the experience, as the "bullet sponge" thinking seems to be the only way that the difficulty goes up. It would be great it low difficulty Z wandered over spikes without caring or hit whatever part of the wall they find first, while higher difficulty Z would path around spikes as much as possible, attack the weakest points of your wall, etc.

btw. Stamina is now far better, BUT i have one small question for 2 small changes

can we

* Set the Coffee buff duration from 2 Minutes to 5 Minutes

* Double the amount of coffee the vending machines offer ?

I have 7 Traders arround me and Visit 2 or 5 (dependent where i am) on a daily basis.

I modded the duration to 8 Minutes and i am still too short on coffee.

Pls count in that the time you need to buy the coffee adds to the balance too.

(a own coffe production i was not even near on, lvl 60 and still only 4 Coffee beans. Means coffee is nice for the startgame to get your char playable, but (new game) 7 days and i used allready 30+ Coffee drinks. And that with a 8 minute Buff) (btw arround 15 Tradervisits)

Cant even imagine to play with only one trader nearby

I am lvl 50+ now and have yet to drink any coffee. I've never really bothered with making coffee part of my game play... it just stacks up in a chest.

they DO need a better headshot multiplier, a normal sleeper zed can eat a magnum shot to the head, get up, take another magnum shot to the head, fall down get up, take ANOTHER magnum shot to the head, MAYBE die, and then actually die on the 4th shot.

As it stands right now, the concepts are there but it looks like we're going to be looking to modders to actually balance the experience, as the "bullet sponge" thinking seems to be the only way that the difficulty goes up. It would be great it low difficulty Z wandered over spikes without caring or hit whatever part of the wall they find first, while higher difficulty Z would path around spikes as much as possible, attack the weakest points of your wall, etc.

I just oneshotted a sleeper with a crossbow on day 4 with steel bolts and no archery perk. The thing is, you need to crouch to get enough bonus damage to kill in oneshot, and it won't work if zeds wake up. So it is possible, but i'ts a bit weird that an aware zed is stronger than a sleeping one. They need to ramp up ranged weapons damage and remove bonus damage on sneak attack using ranged weapons, IMO.

if I may make a suggestion on the exp gains topic.. keep in mind the higher level cap we have now

I personally modded exp from mining/digging/trees for my server and didn't nerf zombies. I even buffed a few of them like the snowzombie, didn't like it being stronger and giving the baseline exp.

I'm * thinking * about nerfing the overall exp but by a small margin :)

The difficulty of the start of the game is rushed because by the time you hit 20, you are faced with an overwhelming level of ferals and greenies who can destroy your base but you are very unprepared to handle. As soon as you enter the door Zombies spawn in or awaken and start running at you..My single shot bow is useless, as well as my 9 mm and the 50 bullets I have. The balance is just too far tilted towards the zombies in the early stages of the game....I can only imagine what will be coming at you at level 100.

You are seasoned players. Imagine how this difficulty goes down with new players, the target group they try to acquire by the steam sessions....

Archived