Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

some people are saying what good is exploration, hit a couple of houses and you are set. a bit of a simplification of the complaint. Some are noticing a bug where high quality items dont have all the slots they are supposed to have.

How about making it that player made items have 2 less slots than the quality level. Randomly found items have a random slot number. now, your reason to explore? Find items with the higher amount of mod slots.

some wont like the idea, but it would encourage exploration of harder poi's

some people are saying what good is exploration, hit a couple of houses and you are set. a bit of a simplification of the complaint. Some are noticing a bug where high quality items dont have all the slots they are supposed to have.

How about making it that player made items have 2 less slots than the quality level. Randomly found items have a random slot number. now, your reason to explore? Find items with the higher amount of mod slots.

some wont like the idea, but it would encourage exploration of harder poi's

Huh. Nice idea really, I'd be for that.

This whole "near death" thing is really killing it for me. I'm a player who sadly dies alot, and I understand making it harder by giving us a penalty, but 30 minutes is half of my normal playing time anyway, and it kinda just makes me want to quit.

Barring waiting it out, is there anything else to be done to remove it?

Turn on god mode.

Faatal; first let me post a thank you for the pointer regarding the Lights and the tracking ai. Since you all have made the code use a lot more flexible and open. Id like to know is there a way to change the Bloodmoon director start, end, from datetime,dusk dawn, to start timer 6000 ticks end?

I think the values are in code.

@faatah

I will dare to ask again: are screamers still seeing trough closed doors? I focked up mentioned A16.4 game on other PC due to one screaming at me at night and called horde taking out my place along with one of two forges (the one that already had crucible) and my main loot chest. Instant ragequit dammit.

In A17, screamers should not be seeing through solid blocks now. They were seeing through wood blocks.

Yeah, so I played a horde night with my buddy at lvl 75 each. The new ai pathing is seriously flawed when there are more than say, 15 Zed's running around. It may be the need to re calculate paths when other zombies run between them and us. Whatever it is, I don't even need to Sprint when there are tons of zombies running around because it takes a really long time for them to path to me on flat open ground.

Is your server running at less than 20 FPS?

@faatal can you confirm AI is considering paths blocked by the old spike trap? I saw today two zombies avoid walking straight into me and instead go around using another door. There was only air blocks and one of the A16 spike traps in the way, even the door was destroyed already. Meanwhile in the other side we had air blocks (bigger distance) + metal door + A17 iron spike trap.

I'm not sure this is related to the trap, but I noted this in common in the situation

What old spike trap?

Were there partial blocks (1/2 or 1/4) near you?

Infinite stamina regen would be completely broken - like it was in A16.

Why have a game system that becomes completely irrelevant?

What if I told you that the game would be more fun without stamina? Take the blue pill and you stay in A17, where stopping every 30 seconds to catch your breath is part of the world. Take the red pill, and you discover all that you've been missing.

What old spike trap?

Were there partial blocks (1/2 or 1/4) near you?

there were some partial blocks near me but not between me and the zed, unless the old trap counts as that. I will see if I remember exactly where that PoI was so I can take a picture. I pressed PrintScreen but it doesn't take a screenshot

In a16 we had a different model of spike trap. It's still in the game in some PoIs but not craftable.

Yeah, zeds walking at night and running at day! I kept bugging Gazz about it but lost hope already.

About random mod slots count idea. Mine is a bit different. Can we make it so found mods/attachments have random stats? Like extended magazines of different sizes, or silencers of different qualities? I was thinking about modding it, but it is way beyond my capabilities.

When is next update expected:

- within days?

- not this week?

- when it's done?

hmmm, mine sand, get xp

mine stone, get xp

chop wood, get xp

punch grass, get xp

mine clay... nada. clay needs xp

Haha, the grass XP is an overkill.

It's the second quickest way to farm XP.

Quickest way is to keep hitting the 0 hitpoint tree's.

Because every hit counts as a "knockover" but the tree never falls.

I gains you 120~240 xp per hit.

18 levels in 7,5 minute in a MP server.

#ExploitTheWorld

<snip>In a16 we had a different model of spike trap. It's still in the game in some PoIs but not craftable.

Guessing the old woodLogSpike ? Looks like a traffic cone. Think they're still in use on top of the woodPillar100's around one of the Traders too, in case they're causing a pathing hickup.

---

Nice job on the new Options! Those'll really open up some new & fun options, grats! :)

What if I told you that the game would be more fun without stamina? Take the blue pill and you stay in A17, where stopping every 30 seconds to catch your breath is part of the world. Take the red pill, and you discover all that you've been missing.

That, or you can go play minecraft. No stamina there.

Yeah, zeds walking at night and running at day! I kept bugging Gazz about it but lost hope already.

I know, right? ;)

About random mod slots count idea. Mine is a bit different. Can we make it so found mods/attachments have random stats? Like extended magazines of different sizes, or silencers of different qualities? I was thinking about modding it, but it is way beyond my capabilities.

Look at the "shades" item.

@faatal

here are the two traps. Left = A17 version / Right = A16 version, now only used in prefabs

20181204060359_1.jpg.11d24d78b7801351f5a9efd4c0c4a3fe.jpg

Ironically the A16 version is named trapSpikesNew, I guess due to a small improvement it has while being damaged. It's not available on creative mode by default.

Guessing the old woodLogSpike ? Looks like a traffic cone. Think they're still in use on top of the woodPillar100's around one of the Traders too, in case they're causing a pathing hickup

it's not the log spike but that's an interesting mention because we have that enabled through a mod, so if it has issues would be nice to know.

Archived