Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My wife and I drove past a wallmart today. The proper tourists like we are, we decided to go in and take a look. I saw people driving around on scooters/carts with fat hanging over the edge of the cart.

Now I finally die in peace, having seen everything there is to see :)

well, thats one way to look at your freshly minted wife and have her seem even prettier then she undoubtedly already is to you :p

Fixed a few sleeper and bedroll bugs today and decided this was a good thing to add:

"Added sleeper volume timer 1 hour expire delay, so it won't respawn with a player inside."

It would suck to be in a sleeper volume and it resets!

Hurrah!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, all bedrolls are checked. Does not matter if you are online.

Please check your bedrolls at the security point along with your guns, knifes, scissors and any other sharps, blunts or flammables :p

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a couple more UI menus to drool over. Super exciting stuff...

Character Screen (my attempt at Raylen Givens...)

Crafting Screen with Pistol Recipe

Personally, I love how much duct tape is used now in so many recipes. Duct tape holds the apocalyptic world together!

mmm...does that screeny mean you use up a pistol book? or is it a catalyst?

nm - answered

Personally, I love how much duct tape is used now in so many recipes. Duct tape holds the apocalyptic world together!

I really love the gun crafting aspect! Finally the books have much more sense now, very good update! :)

Now we just need food to start spoiling...

The sooner the better!!!

Never mind the UI, it looks like that yellowish house in the background has ambient occlusion again. Yay, my favorite!

The icon for the character screen always reminds me of this guy 😀:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Kaboomcover.jpg

oh boy... the memories of simpler times.

Is this your mature adult way of spreading misinformation? Unity update DID affect the timeline, the very thing that was brought up after my post asking for an explanation. But i guess that's what immature adults do, bring up a problem and have it resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it was, all you fanboys never argue anything valid, you just say ♥♥♥♥ and cram your fist of fanboyism down people's throats for critizing anything. It's sad and pathetic, and it's why any review/forum outside of this one is full of bad reviews, it's because people like you push out people with valid critism. It's really bad for the market. This guy was voted out by my community in my private discord. now he's coming here calling me immature for locking him out.

Please, don't drag us Fan Boy's into this, I & others were the first to be Labeled FAN BOYS & I prefer you to use the Correct Name.

There are the Original Fan Boy's that wait patiently & give their ideas for new Features.

There are the Haters that are never happy & constantly Demanding Faster Updates even though the Comm. Voted for Bigger Updates over Smaller Ones.

Then there the Trolls jumping for Thread to Thread & no other explanation needed.

I think you are Quoting a Hater in my opinion, from a Real Fan Boy perspective.

Hate to be nit picky but including the shots you showed with the new menu(when creating a game) the black pin stripe borders around boxes look way to thick. They need to be thinner which would fit the modern style picked(after the old menu change from alpha 12). Like one pixel thick apposed to 4. Same goes for the tool belt. It would really set it off for such a small change and would improve the floating/hovering effect coupled with transparency.

Good shots though and the improved crafting.

Never mind the UI, it looks like that yellowish house in the background has ambient occlusion again. Yay, my favorite!

Hehe it is indeed awesome.

My only critic to the new UI is these locks that are so bright and need to have less opacity i think. It kills my eyes when so much repetitive bright elements are grouped. UX tip here.

Cthulhu successfully summoned and confirmed in A17 lakes!

That will make my husband happy. He has been saying since Alpha 6 that they needed to put lake monsters into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to have a pistol book and have it consumed *EVERY* time you want to make a gun? sheesh

Oh boy, oh boy.

PSA to those who really only want to read the dev diary, not wild-haired preachers on soap boxes:

You can click on a user name and put that user on ignore on the profile page.

But if I narrowed the dev diary just to the devs it would be only ~20 pages long... :(

The batteries would have died long ago. Those things suck for battery life, so you would end up with a stationary fat zombie. Funny, but no threat.

She just took it off the charger...

Alternatively, [insert argument against people claiming realism]. :p

Regarding the closed and opened containers implementation, will taking everything from a closed container change the block aspect to "open" (like it was looted and contains nothing)?

As far as I know they're two entirely separate blocks. If a container is opened and unlootable it'll remain open and unlootable. If a container is closed and lootable the container retains its inventory when emptied and the contents will eventually respawn.

As far as I know they're two entirely separate blocks. If a container is opened and unlootable it'll remain open and unlootable. If a container is closed and lootable the container retains its inventory when emptied and the contents will eventually respawn.

Was hoping that emptied out containers would look opened too until the loot respawns, oh well.

No conflict. Just the difference between posting while it was happening and posting with hindsight. You'll notice there is a couple of weeks time gap between when I posted and when faatal posted.

With all due respect, that makes no sense.

The work that faatal et al are doing now was in a far less completed state then than it is now, so how would it have been thought that the Engine was the blocker months ago? It doesn't compute

Archived