Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Will we be able to find partial Batman costumes in A17 as loot in dressers now??

Or do we need a book to craft it out of leather and duct tape??

I believe that you have to inherit a billion-dollar company with a hefty amount of government contracts. I'm sad to say but "Batman" might actually be "The Duke," and the bank roller of the project which created the zombies in the first place.

My 2 cents on the consume books on crafting guns thing:

If the concern is that schematics/books become useless after once read, I'd rather see them removed completely and replaced with an NPC trainer system. Trainers could have a chance to spawn in Trader settlements (obviously needs a certain guarantee they spawn at least once on a map) and could impart the knowledge on maintenance and creating of a gun in exchange for money or for doing a quest for 'em. You'd still have somewhat the randomness you had with rng-spawns of schems that way. And one truly useless item gone.

As for gating how many guns are crafted.... maybe going for generic ingredients is not the way there obviously. But we already have PERFECTLY GOOD and sensible individual parts of all guns in the game that for whatever reason are done away with now! (Muh optimisation. Muh new content needs room. Pick your choose.) Those are actually ingredients that can have their individual spawn rates adjusted just as you could with schems.

But no let's instead remove those and have a crafting process where I wrap the schematic around the gun? Stuff it in the gun's barrel? Eat it while I assemble the gun? Sorry, but that's cheesy as feck.

Edit: Thinking about how Cracka Books POI would become useless with removing schems:

Replace individual schems with generic (and stackable!) books, which the abovementioned trainers want in certain numbers for the knowledge they teach?

I prefer to think of the schematic as a placeholder for some unique part that is needed for that gun. Something I wouldn't be able to make for myself with the tools I have available. Would it be more immersive if they used the parts instead of the schematic? Yes. Can I wrap my head around it and move on? Yes. Think of it like a kit with both instructions and parts. Sure, the instructions are still there when you're done, but you still need a new kit to get the parts for a new gun.

I prefer to think of the schematic as a placeholder for some unique part that is needed for that gun. Something I wouldn't be able to make for myself with the tools I have available. Would it be more immersive if they used the parts instead of the schematic? Yes. Can I wrap my head around it and move on? Yes. Think of it like a kit with both instructions and parts. Sure, the instructions are still there when you're done, but you still need a new kit to get the parts for a new gun.

This is my take on it as well. And though I would love to see it change in the Vanilla game I am sure the mods will change the item to be what we have been talking about recently. A unique item that is more in line with gun making like a mold of some kind.

I have no issue with it staying a schematic though for the reasons you stated.

The firing pin. It’s 100% unique to every gun (afaik), so trade the weapon books out for firing pins? It’s not like we’d be able to make one of those on a workbench, lol. Not so sure about rocket launchers, but they must have some kind of firing mech too, so make that part the book’s replacement instead?

The firing pin. It’s 100% unique to every gun (afaik),

Afraid not, sorry. They can be swapped out easy peasy. I actually have 2 spares for my AR15 (in case one breaks during the zombie invasion of course)

As to the use of a schematic in making a gun....I look at it like this. When I want to make a specific meal I print of the recipe from my computer. When I'm done I throw it away (it probably has sauce all over it anyway, I'm a messy cook) So when I want to make it again I must "get" the recipe again. I do the same thing at work as an electronics tech when building something. I locate the electrical schematic, print it and discard it once the project is done.

maybe placing certain high end weapons only in difficult military bases and placing the books for high end weapons only behind ferals in the book hq?.

I disagree. I would hate 7D2D to take a route where you just follow scheme X and people are only optimising their timeframe to get there. Some random element is not only more realistic, but also more immersive. Noone is gonna loot a pink mushroom house, if there is only ever the same loot in there. Having everyone walk on a designated path to a designated area ... well, that's the idea of PubG and adequate for a king of the hill type shooter game.

I love the fun I have in exploring and to have a scheme, where item X is only found near zed A or something like that is only going to spoil this experience in my opinion.

This is my personal feeling only, but RANDOM world gen also sets this game apart from other survival games and it also has more of a surprise component than pther peer games. I love it for this very reason, it is not entirely predictable.

Keep randomness alive :)

Afraid not, sorry. They can be swapped out easy peasy. I actually have 2 spares for my AR15 (in case one breaks during the zombie invasion of course)

As to the use of a schematic in making a gun....I look at it like this. When I want to make a specific meal I print of the recipe from my computer. When I'm done I throw it away (it probably has sauce all over it anyway, I'm a messy cook) So when I want to make it again I must "get" the recipe again. I do the same thing at work as an electronics tech when building something. I locate the electrical schematic, print it and discard it once the project is done.

our engineer at work should do that. if you saw his desk you would back out slowly to avoid the inevitable landslide

Assemble guns using a workbench I would guess.

The rate of fire can make a difference once things start running.

I can fire pretty fast with a bow, just have to learn to lead the target.

I wish I could make a loop of this, I laugh so hard, but it is over so fast!

I never bothered reading the comments.. I am laughing harder at those than I was at the video!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video....Video!!

This is really irritating and serves no purpose. Please don't

I can fire pretty fast with a bow, just have to learn to lead the target.

I wish I could make a loop of this, I laugh so hard, but it is over so fast!

I never bothered reading the comments.. I am laughing harder at those than I was at the video!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here is how I practiced learning the drop, I am getting really good with the wooden bow.

Find a shoreline that is shallow then go in about 15 blocks & stack your frames about 5 high, leave them as Frames or not.

Now you can go back to the shore & practice from different distances & you can see your arrows land in the water & when you hit the Frame. Or go through depending on what you place but it is a good way to get your aim & drop down to a tee.

I have been getting these awesome shots on the fly chasing bucks around after I learned how much to elevate the bow.

The way bedrolls suppress sleeper volumes is not new. The fact that they do it offline is and that land claim blocks also suppress them.

1) so will land claim blocks still let us pick up and move crafting stations, generators, etc like in A16?

2) will people on your friends list be able to put blocks down in your LC'ed base and possibly move crafting stations?

Archived