Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I never said the game isn't being worked on, mate. You know that. I said that I don't know of any EA games with a 15 month update cycle. Granted, I only have 10-15 EA games, so I don't know all of them.

Why are you comparing Electronic Arts to TFP? one is an indie game manufacturer with only 1 or 2 games made and the other has offices all around the world with 500 million dollar game budgets. Don't be rediculous :apathy:

I don't know about you all...I've been hanging on for the A17 release for as long as any of you and I love the game, but I'm presently out of patience...just release the darned thing already.

Meh, i'm still patient

Mainly because there are no other options. Yeah, you can uninstall and post some swan song on the forums for attention, but lets all be honest. People like that always come back the second experimental is out.

There are other games and there are mods. is it A17? nope, but it'll have to do until TFP are ready

Yes, because nothing screams "post apocalyptic" like bicycle recognition technology. =)

Ya but imagine the enemy approaching your base (in PvP) with bicycles, slowly surrounding your 18x18 block size base and make you laugh as hell. Who would`nt love it ? :) Bike is brilliant.

As a mauntain biker I really love this added in the game. Bet everyone will have awesome moments with it. And all this in the apocalypce !

This is in direct conflict with what we've been told by Madmole and Roland. I trust you, but that begs the question...

Not at all.

Total out the backside example here:

Madmole looks at his task list and sees 1 month of work for him and that he needs to get done. Unity update adds 2 weeks to his tasks. It delayed his work, and thus what he would've released.

faatal looks at his work and sees 3 months of work to get them done. Unity update had no impact to his tasks. Therefore it did not delay his work or the overall release.

I'm not saying that is how it went, but that is probably based on the descriptions the way things played out. With totally bogus times from some netherverse that has nothing to do with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

faatal just confirmed that a grain of salt counts as a biome now!

Roland just confirmed 1 meter blocks are no more. Salt grain sized cubes.

Why are you comparing Electronic Arts to TFP? one is an indie game manufacturer with only 1 or 2 games made and the other has offices all around the world with 500 million dollar game budgets. Don't be rediculous :apathy:

DeVega was referring to Early Access, not Electronic Arts (common misconception)

it s would be nice if you can make an option that you can rename a bedroll so that it can belong to your friend in case he logged in 8 km away LMAO that would be a nice thing to do

That would be nice, but I wouldn't want it. My friend and I actually have a rendezvous point in the case of an apocalyptic event. It's kind of cool to think about each of us travelling to that point before enduring the apocalypse together. What will we find along the way? What of the things we find will we bring with us? Will whoever gets there first have made progress on fortifying the place? *shrug*

Gazz is from Antarctica. You should see the network cable he had to run to get internet. Cost 8 millions dollars, but he expensed it. Probably why they pay me in peanuts.

So FINALLY the truth is revealed. All these delays. Its Gazz' work taking 5 days from the second he syncs up to it actually reaching your repos.

Thanks Gazz

So FINALLY the truth is revealed. All these delays. Its Gazz' work taking 5 days from the second he syncs up to it actually reaching your repos.

Thanks Gazz

Gazz only works one day a year but that lasts about 8 months.

There's a small village who's sole form of employment is making sure his coffee mug is always full.

it s would be nice if you can make an option that you can rename a bedroll so that it can belong to your friend in case he logged in 8 km away LMAO that would be a nice thing to do

Yeah, but I feel like that could be abused too easily. Why use a jeep or other high-end vehicle when you have a magical teleporter bedr... Wait, that actually solves the multi-passenger vehicle issue. Still don't think it's worth it though.

Ok, I have been gone since about last year at this time, figuring the release would take some time.

The only thing I notice that changed is there are now far more Batman related avatars - it's freakin me out MAN!

How many Batman themed avatars can one non-Batman topic forum handle before a crisis???

I don't know.. the release... meh... but all these Batman avatars - there is some kind of conspiracy afoot here for sure. You guys have to save yourselves now, or we will all be trapped in this endless game!

I wonder if Roland has any insight, we know he hasn't been compromised right? (doh - Batman underoos!! Noooo....)

I'm not even sure there is a release happening anymore. I heard A17 is only a sick Hoax!!- I am starting to think this has turned into some kind of social experiment, to pressure us like MK-Ultra into all turning into Batman obsessed crazed lunatics always waiting for the Manchurian release candidate to drop....

The Devs - I heard they all retired to somewhere in the Bahamas, and just keep telling us about giant cartoonish over-sized house-mazes, just to toy with our emotions!!

Sure, we only wanted bandits, and large hulk zombies... but NO, they went all out on huge Houses!! And more redesigns of the Pine tree model (again!!)

And, now, we are all turning crazy! and all want to be Batman! Seee... the CIA is even involved (I think) -

It's.. it's... it's.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks Gazz

Gazz, if you detect an alien craft under the ice just leave it alone. Space craft under the ice in Antarctica are ALWAYS bad...

Ok, I have been gone since about last year at this time, figuring the release would take some time.

The only thing I notice that changed is there are now far more Batman related avatars - it's freakin me out MAN!

How many Batman themed avatars can one non-Batman topic forum handle before a crisis???

I don't know.. the release... meh... but all these Batman avatars - there is some kind of conspiracy afoot here for sure. You guys have to save yourselves now, or we will all be trapped in this endless game!

I wonder if Roland has any insight, we know he hasn't been compromised right? (doh - Batman underoos!! Noooo....)

I'm not even sure there is a release happening anymore - I am starting to think has turned into some kind of social experiment, to pressure us like MK-Ultra into all turning into Batman obsessed crazed lunatics always waiting for the Manchurian release candidate to drop....

The Devs - I heard they all retired to somewhere in the Bahamas, and just keep telling us about giant cartoonish over sized house mazes, just to toy with our emotions. Sure, we only wanted bandits, and large hulk zombies... but NO, they went all out on huge Houses!! And, now, we are all turning crazy! and all want to be Batman! Seee... the CIA is even involved (I think) -

It's.. it's... it's.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just step away from the glowy eyed cat and find some batman themed underwear until SOON happens. You might not understand but you'll achieve conformity which always makes you feel happier.

Archived