Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Here's a couple more UI menus to drool over. Super exciting stuff...

Character Screen (my attempt at Raylen Givens...)

Crafting Screen with Pistol Recipe

Personally, I love how much duct tape is used now in so many recipes. Duct tape holds the apocalyptic world together!

Roland, so will we must read pistol scheme for crafting the pistol or scheme is it only ingredient?

Ок. 1 book = 1 pistol

BUT! Will we must read pistol scheme for unlock recipie crafting the pistol??? Or recipie of pistol is unlock on start?

No reading but whether the pistol recipe is unlocked at start or gated behind a perk or skill advance is still to be determined.

Wait, hold on a second here Sir, did you just imply that glass jars are consumable and no longer reusable?

:miserable:

Only when baking because THATS HOW IT WORKS.

Originally glass jars were consumed when drinking water. Getting the jar back was a change that forever ended the old frantic quest for sand. Sand also used to only exist in the desert biome and not on the edges of lakes and rivers. That came later to help with finding sand since in Random Gen you never knew if you might not find a desert and thus not be able to craft jars as fast as you were consuming them...

I kind of miss the days of smashing my mason jar on the ground after every drink.

Only when baking because THATS HOW IT WORKS.

Yes you are right of course, but for a moment there I had this irrational thought that they would get consumed when you drink out of them too, silly I know.

p.s. I see your spoiler, so I guess it wasn't so far fetched after all.

Pretty much.

Did no one notice how useless A16 schematics are once you found The One?

Why would anyone want game content to become useless the second they encounter it? That would be crazy!

How many pistols do you need to craft? 50? 200? What for? Throwing them at zombies?

Imagine a schematic that conveys different properties to the crafted item so you can actually get different things with the "same recipe".

I'm certain that some will see that as another attack on the brilliant feature of spam-crafting. All I can say to that is: Oh. Whatevs.

And if you are about to explain how this is going to make crafting skills useless: Nope. Way ahead of you. Way ahead and far out.

I love the idea of books been ingredient. But I still prefer to have books been read, and then improve your efficiency, maybe in time ? Like you have to read one book to know you can actually craft it, then read more to craft as ingredient, and then it reduce the build time with every build, as you start to learn how to do it. the more you do more faster you build it.

I'm sending a prayer out to the gaming gods in the hopes that it never happens again! hehe

Well, like I said, while it might not make sense it did create a supply and demand management issue. With jars being consumable you had to craft a large supply of them. Now I never craft jars and I end up with stacks and stacks. I think in my next game I'll mod out getting the jar back and see how I like it-- even just for nostalgia.

Now we just need food to start spoiling...

Here's a couple more UI menus to drool over. Super exciting stuff...

Character Screen (my attempt at Raylen Givens...)

Crafting Screen with Pistol Recipe

Personally, I love how much duct tape is used now in so many recipes. Duct tape holds the apocalyptic world together!

Nice to see the buffs from clothing on the left there, but all of your clothing doesn’t have any durability?

well, like i said, while it might not make sense it did create a supply and demand management issue. With jars being consumable you had to craft a large supply of them. Now i never craft jars and i end up with stacks and stacks. I think in my next game i'll mod out getting the jar back and see how i like it-- even just for nostalgia.

Now we just need food to start spoiling...

LALALALALA I can't hear you LALALALALA

lmao!

This... please please... so much this.

Please, don't encourage him! lol

Armchair developers. ;)

So your chair doesn't have arms? Or they make you sit on logspikes just to keep you awake and attentive? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the sub sub biomes. We now have ant hills and the like. ABC18 will even have microscopic biomes. You won't be able to see them, but trust me, they are there.

I'm guessing that's where the 30% performance improvement will be sunk into then - properly calculating termite tunnels :p

- - - Updated - - -

Ya but imagine the enemy approaching your base (in PvP) with bicycles, slowly surrounding your 18x18 block size base and make you laugh as hell. Who would`nt love it ? :) Bike is brilliant.

As a mauntain biker I really love this added in the game. Bet everyone will have awesome moments with it. And all this in the apocalypce !

I got visions of Bicycle bandits now....surrounding your base at speed like a post-apocalyptic mongolian horde while yelling and occasionally spitting in your direction.

Archived