Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

4 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Thanks, I didn't know. You opened my eyes. Just kidding, of course not. The trader always gives the same POIs nearby, so one way or another you will be going around in circles

It is true that a high level POI is not enough for one trader, so at the beginning of the game you will have the illusion of variety, but very soon, if you do tasks intensively, you will be trapped by 2-3 T4-T5 POIs nearby. This can only be solved by some change in the algorithm for issuing quests, or the appearance of settings for this. Endgame is a grind anyway, but it could have been designed to be more varied than what we currently have. Either the trader should say "sorry man but you did all my work, go to another trader" or he should alternate what he gives. But we are given the opportunity to clear the same T4 POI nearby over and over again endlessly. This is silly. And sorry for those who worked on the generation of the world. In fact, no one needs their work. Because the game world is not 10k x 10k, it's a trader and a random t4 next door.

You are not forced to do Trader missions all day. Just go out and get inside a POI that looks interesting to you. You don't need to Min/Max all Day by doing quests for the extra Rewards. Trader Quests are an Opportunity not a Duty to fullfill. It's a Sandbox Survival Game. SANDBOX means do whatever you like.

5 hours ago, bachgaman said:

This is what I'm talking about. At the moment, the game forces you to do this. The most efficient way to play is build your base next to a trader and grind the same high level POI 200m away. Again and again. The same POI. From day to day. No point in world generation and explore world

Well that's point of zombie post apo -1. find base 2. sit there for end of your life execept runs for suppolies. So that's why works good now and they want to ruin this in A21 xd. Well point of a lot of diffrent poi is this same as diffrent zombie models - add immersive. There is no useless houses in this game or empty warehouses. And that's shame - would be much better if there was let's say : in houses only food, crafting itemns, tools/ pistol shotgun hunting rifle, melee weapons like basketball, hospital tons of food medicine but almost no weapons etc. this same thing with constuction zone- only tools/sledgehammers and crafting matterial and sometimes food. So how game progress would looks like? simple - normal house normal zombies , police stations a lot of fat cop, military base a lot of wight and military zombies so it would be natural progress like valheim - you can in theory kill with wooden cub much more powerfull enemies but you would have a lot of time luck and exploit

7 hours ago, bachgaman said:

This is what I'm talking about. At the moment, the game forces you to do this. The most efficient way to play is build your base next to a trader and grind the same high level POI 200m away. Again and again. The same POI. From day to day. No point in world generation and explore world

You're a min-maxer : there's no cure for that.

8 hours ago, bachgaman said:

This is what I'm talking about. At the moment, the game forces you to do this. The most efficient way to play is build your base next to a trader and grind the same high level POI 200m away. Again and again.

Good Lord. Here's how to fix it: play survivalist, dead is dead, no trader.

No. Trader.

Your complaint is "once you've got some skill the game's easy and boring if you play it on easy and boring settings, and it forces you to play on easy and boring settings because that's easiest".

If the wall gets bloody and ugly after you run headlong into it enough times, I'm not sure the right response is to demand the wall be made self cleaning. Can I suggest opening the door, it's right there, and walking through?

Stop playing on easy settings. The game gets more interesting.

1 hour ago, quyxkh said:

wow...you really don't know him.

Spoiler

This will trigger him so hard, I can't wait.

Prepare for a big wall of text and being ranted all over.

*getting popcorn and preparing seat in 1st row*

😄

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

21 hours ago, ltbrunt said:

At my job I am learning how to use Unreal Engine 5. My company is not a game company but is using Unreal Engine across all areas of the company. My mind is blown. I would happily pay 100 dollars for 7 days to die version ported to Unreal Engine 5. From what I have seen internally at work and demos online with the new 5.1 is like visual dopamine for the eyes. 

I wouldn't. UE has a serious peer-to-peer tethering issue that makes those p2p games unplayable for me. If I have to be practically attached to the host's hip during co-op p2p gameplay, that's a dealbreaker for me and my hubby.

5 hours ago, quyxkh said:

Good Lord. Here's how to fix it: play survivalist, dead is dead, no trader.

No. Trader.

Your complaint is "once you've got some skill the game's easy and boring if you play it on easy and boring settings, and it forces you to play on easy and boring settings because that's easiest".

If the wall gets bloody and ugly after you run headlong into it enough times, I'm not sure the right response is to demand the wall be made self cleaning. Can I suggest opening the door, it's right there, and walking through?

Played many worlds without a trader. Including with 25% loot and 50% experience with increased zombie speed and strength. Most of the time I play on very difficult settings

Didn't see any complaints. Saw highlighting obvious flaws that shouldn't force me to remove some of the content 

7 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

You're a min-maxer : there's no cure for that.

For you, anyone who plays better than you is a min maxer? I just choose the right decisions and try to be better

9 hours ago, Diragor said:

You are not forced to do Trader missions all day. Just go out and get inside a POI that looks interesting to you. You don't need to Min/Max all Day by doing quests for the extra Rewards. Trader Quests are an Opportunity not a Duty to fullfill. It's a Sandbox Survival Game. SANDBOX means do whatever you like.

If I play a game where I can afford bad decisions, then this game is not interesting initially.

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

For you, anyone who plays better than you is a min maxer? I just choose the right decisions and try to be better

Not who you were replying to, but to me, a min-maxer is someone who choses to grind something less enjoyable, because they derive more pleasure from the achievement than the rest of the game itself.

Nobody can read your motivations, but talking about efficiency in a leisure activity makes as much sense as saying "this is the most efficient way to spend time with my kids". The game, as far as I know, does not "force" you to play in a partcular way. It doesn't lock out end game content if you don't build a base next to a trader and farm it. It doesn't crash if you decide you want to spend time exploring and picking flowers.

Most people cannot see the prison of their own mind. The game does not force you to play a certain way, your desire to play "efficiently" does.

32 minutes ago, Pernicious said:

Not who you were replying to, but to me, a min-maxer is someone who choses to grind something less enjoyable, because they derive more pleasure from the achievement than the rest of the game itself.

Nobody can read your motivations, but talking about efficiency in a leisure activity makes as much sense as saying "this is the most efficient way to spend time with my kids". The game, as far as I know, does not "force" you to play in a partcular way. It doesn't lock out end game content if you don't build a base next to a trader and farm it. It doesn't crash if you decide you want to spend time exploring and picking flowers.

Most people cannot see the prison of their own mind. The game does not force you to play a certain way, your desire to play "efficiently" does.

In that case, either your "min-maxer" label doesn't work for me, or you're wrong.

I'm interested in a game if it has a task. If there is a problem, then I try to solve it. The interest is to come up with the best solution

I understand that there are people who log into the game for 2 hours a week by opening a can of beer to "dunk the zombies" and screaming "wooaaaw" after getting shot in the head with a shotgun. Complete one quest then wander around the neighborhood a bit and then exit the game until next weekend

And by the way, I would prefer to effectively spend time with children. You can open a can of beer and turn on the TV, or you can play a board game and make him solve problems and think.

10 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

In that case, either your "min-maxer" label doesn't work for me, or you're wrong.

I'm interested in a game if it has a task. If there is a problem, then I try to solve it. The interest is to come up with the best solution

I understand that there are people who log into the game for 2 hours a week by opening a can of beer to "dunk the zombies" and screaming "wooaaaw" after getting shot in the head with a shotgun. Complete one quest then wander around the neighborhood a bit and then exit the game until next weekend

And by the way, I would prefer to effectively spend time with children. You can open a can of beer and turn on the TV, or you can play a board game and make him solve problems and think.

Yes, this is the difference of mindset. If my son wants to learn to play chess, then my focus will be to teach him chess. If I want to improve my relationship with him, then chess distracts us from talking. Cracking open a beer, and either having the TV off, or something that doesn't require full attention will allow me to focus on him. You seem to have a single minded focus of bringing up your son to be the most intellectual? I want to bring mine up to be the most well rounded. I also want to be a father, not just a teacher.

17 hours ago, bachgaman said:

3 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Played many worlds without a trader. Including with 25% loot and 50% experience with increased zombie speed and strength. Most of the time I play on very difficult settings

Didn't see any complaints. Saw highlighting obvious flaws

So you know the game doesn't force you to play with traders at all and you've gone back and played without them many times, again and again.

First time for everything I guess. Time to find out how to mute someone on this forum.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

And also, is @madmolegonna share his experiences testing a21 anytime soon? Always enjoy his POV on the changes/new features.

His POV is easy to figure out.  Each release is the best and biggest release ever.  Every change is great and things are more streamlined. Everything that was removed sucked anyway.

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, bachgaman said:

No. A min-maxer is someone who can only enjoy the game by playing it in the most efficient way.

I mean, there's nothing wrong playing like you want, but sadly you'll never understand the other play-styles or the reasons why we play like we do.

7 hours ago, quyxkh said:

So you know the game doesn't force you to play with traders at all and you've gone back and played without them many times, again and again.

First time for everything I guess. Time to find out how to mute someone on this forum.

What is the contradiction? How should my criticism even relate to how I play? Whether I play with the trader or not is not important. This does not change the fact that the trader is currently very poorly designed and ruins the game. And you can’t oppose anything except to be offended and throw me to the mute

8 hours ago, Pernicious said:

Yes, this is the difference of mindset. If my son wants to learn to play chess, then my focus will be to teach him chess. If I want to improve my relationship with him, then chess distracts us from talking. Cracking open a beer, and either having the TV off, or something that doesn't require full attention will allow me to focus on him. You seem to have a single minded focus of bringing up your son to be the most intellectual? I want to bring mine up to be the most well rounded. I also want to be a father, not just a teacher.

And this is one of the stark differences between a nurturing parent and a determined tyrant. 

8 hours ago, bachgaman said:

...and screaming "wooaaaw" after getting shot in the head with a shotgun.

No zed as yet has wielded a shotgun against me, but that could change I suppose. Don't think "wooaaaw" would be my exclamation though.

This game is not the best tool to teach one's offspring about life in the urban/suburban jungle imo.   Actually don't know of a game that is appropriate. But it does show that planning and knowledge gained through survivable misfortune are vital. 

I taught my offspring how to shelter, make fire and do well in making money. And it didn't require a video game. 😎

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

36 minutes ago, Melange said:

And this is one of the stark differences between a nurturing parent and a determined tyrant. 

No zed as yet has wielded a shotgun against me, but that could change I suppose. Don't think "wooaaaw" would be my exclamation though.

This game is not the best tool to teach one's offspring about life in the urban/suburban jungle imo.   Actually don't know of a game that is appropriate. But it does show that planning and knowledge gained through survivable misfortune are vital. 

I taught my offspring how to shelter, make fire and do well in making money. And it didn't require a video game. 😎

Well done. Did I wrote somewhere that I teach children at 7dtd? 

It's funny how you ridiculed my grammatical error in one paragraph and showed in the same place that you can't read. This is post-meta-irony I guess

19 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Well done. Did I wrote somewhere that I teach children at 7dtd? 

It's funny how you ridiculed my grammatical error in one paragraph and showed in the same place that you can't read. This is post-meta-irony I guess

Hmm. Yeah, I picked up on your error. Becuse it is a forum.  We probably are more allies than adversaries.  I can read, even with one eye (camping incident in Appalachia). I can't always grip the nuance of the intended words. Forgive me. Lets play together sometime.

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

8 hours ago, archergod said:

I am not sure if Learn by Reading is good option, but it is changed quite a few time in past and really love to see it been fixed at least for few years before it is changed. 

I don't think we'll see another major change here. Maybe some rebalancing but the system as such will probably be what we will see in the gold version.