Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

6 hours ago, sillls said:

Thanks for your insight. A shame if they don't have any way to bypass progression.  Seems like it would be better to have something. Maybe a risk/reward system. 

One thing that really bothers me is finding stone tools around. Even in locked safes. Sheesh. 

We already do, go into the higher biomes for higher lootstage.  There is also eye candy buff.

Edit: just read megas post...😅

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

did that, but zombie bears every night blew all my ammo before I ever got to horde night. also because of spawn rules, made it very hard to get any meat

Food, indeed is a bit difficult on Wasteland biome only. 

But the challenge .. priceless ! :)

I guess its a bit of a balance thing, when we go gold, hope would be proper piece of fun for everyone. 

52 minutes ago, meganoth said:

No, I don't understand

Once I said that bows and stealth are useless, in response I received a ton of resentment with the message "if we enjoy it, then it's not useless"

Two weeks later madmole wrote the same thing and got a standing ovation

😁

We discussed it with you in pm.

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

Once I said that bows and stealth are useless, in response I received a ton of resentment with the message "if we enjoy it, then it's not useless"

Two weeks later madmole wrote the same thing and got a standing ovation

😁

We discussed it with you in pm.

Ah, right.

Let me just correct the sentence above, you did not receive a ton of resentement, you received a ton of opposition. Resentment happened because of word choices (if I remember correctly).

And now for a proper reply to the original question:

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Useless? What if I told you that someone enjoys crafting? I hope you understand what this is referring to

"If" doesn't count. Do you know someone who enjoys weapon and armor crafting in A20?

14 hours ago, meganoth said:

No pictures shown yet (to my knowledge, I'm not on their social media channels)

They did tease Trader Bob's new compound on Twitter back in April. It looks pretty tight, though I'll miss the ol' self-storage.

Edited by Old Crow (see edit history)

On 11/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

I don’t like those words

I get that, it's an acceptable opinon based feeling. What is not acceptable however, is you expecting them to adjust their words to your liking. I like those words and don't think they need change them nor should they. We both have oposing feels about "it's done when it's done". Neither one of us is right or wrong because Neither one of us has any say in the matter, nor the right to. 

I still cannot imagine any modern business using “when it’s done”

You don't have to imagine, because the business called: The Fun Pimps Entertainment LLC, which was founded in late 2012* (a modern buiness) has and currnetly still uses that phrase.     ...... That's the entire reason for this discussion.

*as stated from the business websites company page

still haven’t been show an example of a business using them

No one needs to show you anything. There is nothing to prove to you. If not being shown examples somehow makes your feelz about the phrase more validating..... 

I would not let people I manage use those words to external customers.

What you do or don't do within your own company scope is entirely your business. Last I looked that scope does not include management of TFP, therefore what you would or wouldn't do is of no concern to them. 

My advise to you about this subject, learn to deal internally about things you don't like that you can't change. Lifes to short. Take the advise or don't, either way it's a you problem, and Yes, I'd say it all to your face. Cheers! 

3 hours ago, meganoth said:

"If" doesn't count. Do you know someone who enjoys weapon and armor crafting in A20?

Enjoy is the wrong choice of words here. I would rather call it utilizing. And yes I have crafted large parts of my gear in A20. I fully crafted my iron armor and later my steel armor before replacing the steel armor with looted Q6 steel armor pieces. I also crafted my steel sledgehammer and pump shotgun. The latter is why there aren't many lanterns left in my hometown.

And no, I didn't recraft the armor or the weapons in different quality levels over and over again. I didn't have enough parts for that.

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

Enjoy is the wrong choice of words here. I would rather call it utilizing. And yes I have crafted large parts of my gear in A20. I fully crafted my iron armor and later my steel armor before replacing the steel armor with looted Q6 steel armor pieces. I also crafted my steel sledgehammer and pump shotgun. The latter is why there aren't many lanterns left in my hometown.

And no, I didn't recraft the armor or the weapons in different quality levels over and over again. I didn't have enough parts for that.

For me it is always loot, by the time I collect parts I already get level 6 from loot. So why bother crafting at all. 

Just now, archergod said:

For me it is always loot, by the time I collect parts I already get level 6 from loot. So why bother crafting at all. 

It depends in A20 where you loot. I spend most of my time in the green biome. There I can usually craft things before I find them. In the wasteland or in the snow it might be the other way around. But where I get a lot of good gear are quests. The rewards for T3 and T4 quests are mostly ahead of my crafting skills.

8 hours ago, meganoth said:

Ah, right.

Let me just correct the sentence above, you did not receive a ton of resentement, you received a ton of opposition. Resentment happened because of word choices (if I remember correctly).

And now for a proper reply to the original question:

Ok

"If" still counts. By the logic I'm often countered with here, you have to limit yourself to looting and trader rewards in order to enjoy crafting. Very weak mechanics does not mean useless (according to the logic of the defenders of any hole in the balance)

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Jinx_DG said:

I get that, it's an acceptable opinon based feeling. What is not acceptable however, is you expecting them to adjust their words to your liking. I like those words and don't think they need change them nor should they. We both have oposing feels about "it's done when it's done". Neither one of us is right or wrong because Neither one of us has any say in the matter, nor the right to. 

You don't have to imagine, because the business called: The Fun Pimps Entertainment LLC, which was founded in late 2012* (a modern buiness) has and currnetly still uses that phrase.     ...... That's the entire reason for this discussion.

*as stated from the business websites company page

No one needs to show you anything. There is nothing to prove to you. If not being shown examples somehow makes your feelz about the phrase more validating..... 

What you do or don't do within your own company scope is entirely your business. Last I looked that scope does not include management of TFP, therefore what you would or wouldn't do is of no concern to them. 

My advise to you about this subject, learn to deal internally about things you don't like that you can't change. Lifes to short. Take the advise or don't, either way it's a you problem, and Yes, I'd say it all to your face. Cheers! 

I still don’t like those words. Why people DAYS later after I said it in regards to a meme is weird.

Enjoy yourself today.

To summarize:

people said somehow no business relates to the pimps or is equivalent to the pimp

And everyone does this but for reasons nobody can show a current business doing this except a guy 10 years ago who said it during an interview

Somehow I’m the one who has a problem because I responded to a meme

I do not like “When it’s done” it is unlikely I will change my opinion. I have not asked anything of development, I have said frequently they could simply say “we don’t give dates or timeframes” or just about anything other than “when it’s done”

Edited by Fanatical_Meat (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bachgaman said:

Ok

"If" still counts. By the logic I'm often countered with here, you have to limit yourself to looting and trader rewards in order to enjoy crafting. Very weak mechanics does not mean useless (according to the logic of the defenders of any hole in the balance)

I can't say anything about the arguments of others. Also my answer to stills was merely listing what I think the developers intention was. Though I have always said that the trader is too OP for my taste and I would like him balanced. And so I am glad this is done. But I have a friend who likes how the trader is OP now and would like the trader to stay unchanged.

Whenever TFP changes the game it will usually disappoint some players and delight some others. If you lump those two groups together there is no surprise you get mixed signals out of that group.

5 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I still don’t like those words. Why people DAYS later after I said it in regards to a meme is weird.

Enjoy yourself today.

To summarize:

people said somehow no business relates to the pimps or is equivalent to the pimp

And everyone does this but for reasons nobody can show a current business doing this except a guy 10 years ago who said it during an interview

Somehow I’m the one who has a problem because I responded to a meme

I do not like “When it’s done” it is unlikely I will change my opinion. I have not asked anything of development, I have said frequently they could simply say “we don’t give dates or timeframes” or just about anything other than “when it’s done”

Hunkay. You're being somewhat ridiculed my man. Step away from it all. Your point is well taken by me. May I suggest you join us in another conversation/topic? 

We can't fight memes very well. 

I hope you have enjoyed the game thus far, and that you will give A21 a try.

Only a suggestion on my part. I do think we could have fun discussing other aspects of the game. But memes? Too late, they're entrenched.

4 minutes ago, Lord Neophyte said:

any plans on performace improvemtens for A21 ?

There is always a level of performance improvements set for each alpha.  But don't expect any real improvements on your end until it is fully released, and not in an alpha stage.

The main goal is to get the content in, then adjust performance to be playable, then when it is ready to go gold they will deep dive on improving performance.

21 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

This may have been asked before but...

Any changes to the crawling mechanic for A21? Perhaps something to stop the zombies from suddenly starting to breakdance in the middle of combat?

God , I hope so. It would be nice to see this fixed, it's annoying to have them suddenly start crawling for no reason.