Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

24 minutes ago, Brunik Rokbyter said:

*WAS* the game breaking point.  Then they super softened it... then they added canned water, and then they tightened it again.  Long iterations ago expectations... trying to make sure I understand the intent so I can look better forward to what I expect to see 🙂

Gotcha! The forge is one of the early workstations so it doesn't take very many magazines to unlock it. I think most teams will easily have it the first day or two if they funnel every Forge Ahead mag they find to one person.

A single player should have it in any case within the first week.

14 hours ago, Roland said:

How the properties might change depends on the new outfit feature which has not yet been implemented. I'm not sure where it will end up.

NECK FUNNEL ARMOR

Special: Appears to protect your character, but in actuality funnels the attacks of zombies straight to your jugular.

(Will also attract Vampires from A22 who will also benefit from the Neck Funnel Armor).

Funnel Collar - Available in 4" or 6" - Rainhart

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

16 hours ago, Roland said:

As of now the changes to armor are just visual. How the properties might change depends on the new outfit feature which has not yet been implemented. I'm not sure where it will end up.

I am starting to doubt that the new outfit system will be ready for A21.  we can all hope and pray though

In my biased opinion, they might finish the main armour sets by end of spring 2023, which might be close to the a21 release.

The longer it takes, the better for us. I believe coding for the new armour system is well underway (it was already on the works when a20 stable was released!).

Still it would not only be a nice surprise for us, but a logical move to release a basic armour system with the first human npcs, if only to start balancing the huge array of bonuses that the new sets will give.  

3 hours ago, Blake_ said:

In my biased opinion, they might finish the main armour sets by end of spring 2023, which might be close to the a21 release.

The longer it takes, the better for us. I believe coding for the new armour system is well underway (it was already on the works when a20 stable was released!).

Still it would not only be a nice surprise for us, but a logical move to release a basic armour system with the first human npcs, if only to start balancing the huge array of bonuses that the new sets will give.  

This actually seems alot more realistic, just like how bandits will be very basic when implemented, the alpha following 21 will fully fleshout and develop/balance the system

If the new outfit system IS in A21, it will be a skeleton for them to build a body on in A22, much like bandits

6 hours ago, Blake_ said:

That seems a fairly negative date estimation for A21 even for Fun Pimps standards

I'd almost be amazed if it wasn't basically a year after A20 (so December or so) as there was around a year between a19 and a20 (and I think it was the same for A18 to a19 too)

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TSBX said:

I've been doing it wrong my whole life, thanks!

Skeletons GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

explanatation : it is type of  joke because i love skeletons  and corpses as props in post apo games  and movies (days gone, terminator etc) so using this word summoning me ^.^

10 minutes ago, TSBX said:

I remembered. I may not post in the Dev Diary a lot anymore, but I still read it. :)

Out of everything that's been talked about so far, what are you guys looking forward to the most?

New player models. So I can replace or better yet, add to them. :)

19 minutes ago, TSBX said:

I remembered. I may not post in the Dev Diary a lot anymore, but I still read it. :)

Out of everything that's been talked about so far, what are you guys looking forward to the most?

Well armors - i'm very interested how military armor will looks like

20 minutes ago, TSBX said:

Everything... but the water rework tickles my curiosity most of all.

If done well, it could open a whole new "dimension" for gameplay (e.g.: actually being able to travel/use bodies of water, submerged POIs and such...). Of course I know I shouldn't expect much, but still, leaving behind the current "molasses water" is already great.

a main story line. once you get to a certain point, things do get a little repetitive as it is now. i love the early game, getting established in whatever build this time around, but once you get past horde #2, theres not that much to do except max things out.

yes i could crank the difficulty up to insane meathead but that feels, i dunno, engineered?

it would be interesting to have a mode where the horde comes on day 7, 13, 18, 22, 25, 27, 28 and was continuous from that point on. (that took ages to maff that in my head). that would give a (probable) end point at least.

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Everything... but the water rework tickles my curiosity most of all.

If done well, it could open a whole new "dimension" for gameplay (e.g.: actually being able to travel/use bodies of water, submerged POIs and such...). Of course I know I shouldn't expect much, but still, leaving behind the current "molasses water" is already great.

Probably this will be just... hm water without bugs - you know just lakes , canals etc but nothing crazy just like this looks now but working good

46 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Probably this will be just... hm water without bugs - you know just lakes , canals etc but nothing crazy just like this looks now but working good

Yeah, I understand. I was talking about that.

If water works as... water, that opens up a lot of "water gameplay" that has been impossible until now. :bathbaby:

3 hours ago, TSBX said:

The pie play

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, I understand. I was talking about that.

If water works as... water, that opens up a lot of "water gameplay" that has been impossible until now. :bathbaby:

Yes and know. I have obsesion about a lot of things (mostly negative - like costs, risk  etc ) so... hm water is one of the worst things for developers after destuctions. That's why most game have very "static" water . Honestly... only sandbox with good water physic is Terraria but this is 2D game and much "simpler"  ( i mean in technical aspect)... So flooded POi ( i mean something more that water in basemeant) will be too problematic. So better to  make simple now and make this good in next game/games.