Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

3 hours ago, Burrfly said:

Will alpha 20 experimental be compatible with alpha 20 stable?

I'm curious because I'm really excited for a20 and want to play it right along without having to start over if a20 stable releases

Not likely. It may be even worse this time around with the huge amount of new blocks and all the RWG changes. Fixes to those types of features during experimental will often require restarts.

31 minutes ago, faatal said:

Not likely. It may be even worse this time around with the huge amount of new blocks and all the RWG changes. Fixes to those types of features during experimental will often require restarts.

Thank you for your answer. I'm just really excited xD

Are you able to give a tiny little thingy about how far in the progress of alpha 20 the team is at? If not, then of course that's okay

On 6/1/2021 at 11:32 PM, danielspoa said:

melee weapons are not amazing for their damage, but the utility they bring with stun/knock down is great.

Well, yeah. It's not reasonable to expect a club (no matter how nice it is) to have the dps of a machine gun.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:57 PM, Blake_ said:

I would like to know...  how much better is the baton tree in a20 ?

I don't remember any major change.

The whole premise of your balancing approach is that every weapon, seen in isolation, must be "equal" to any other weapon.

That would be fine for a mod but is not what we're doing here. The intellect attribute is a bit more complex than club-on-head. ;)

And yes, that includes figuring out when a situation warrants using a weapon other than the stun baton.

@faatal @madmole Some time ago there was a discussion about possibly giving the option to only make electric wires visible when you have a wire cutter in your hands... if this option was added, MANY players that love building nice stuff would be very happy. So I was wondering how difficult would it be to add that, and also if there's any chance you guys could add this to the TO-DO list for A20. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Imagegot some Rad X smooth skin?

This outfit doesn't really work if the mask is broken, though.

On a serious note, it looks like broken glass on the mask. Isn't it made of plastic or acrylic, though?

2 hours ago, dcsobral said:

This outfit doesn't really work if the mask is broken, though.

On a serious note, it looks like broken glass on the mask. Isn't it made of plastic or acrylic, though?

That's the hazmat zombie reskin, explains how they became infected with a substance their suits should have protected them from.

I've seen both acrylic and other plastics break in that manner. Just depends on how they'd been damaged before they were fully compromised.

@madmole I know we've discussed the implementation of the crafting of steroids at a previous date, but there's something else I thought I'd mention. To craft them it requires the third rank of Physician, which in turn requires 8 points into the Intellect tree. For a drug that, from my own conclusion, isn't too valuable once you get yourself a vehicle, this just puts a cage around it that leaves them inaccessible early game through crafting. My suggestion would be to bump them up to only requiring the first rank of Physician being unlocked. They would already be locked behind the chemistry station plus they require testosterone extract which is a challenge in of itself, especially with pipe guns and primitive bones, so I personally see no issue here as a player. Let me know about your thoughts on this critique. :)

man so much is pushed back to 21... this can mean only one thing Choochoo Hypetrain

7 hours ago, faatal said:

Ironically, that and rabbits were discussed yesterday, but don't hold your breath.

Could you remove the ears of rabbits in citys and call them rats? 😋

Archived