Announcement: Welcome 18.2 b5 to stable!

Hated

Just checking my steam client isn't telling fibs, is this version (a18.2 b5) both the current stable version and the latest experimental version ? When I switch the betas setting in the steam client there's a very small download and whichever one I chose I get 18.2b5 :)

Thanks

The build number does not change, when experimental switches to stable. It is the same build.

The build number does not change, when experimental switches to stable. It is the same build.

I have a bunch of bugs/issues to report but I don't know if now is the time with you guys having that much on your plate.

FULL summary reads like this:

Upgrading (not repairing) with hammers does not decrease durability in hammers (not tested in all qualities),

Tree occlusion problem when planting a good bunch of them results in a sudden dissapearance when rotating camera and player can chop the ghost tree.

Business_burnt_02 having a rotating Zd of any class below the first stairs on the right.

Burnt forest burning pires are usually semi-floating when on slopes. (Happens often with burning ones).

One of the treasure map items that you find in the world has a typo (than instead of then) in one of the descriptions.

I have screenshots of all of them. When I test the hammer one further I will report.

Moin.

Great!

You can then just type dm again to toggle it off or exit/reload and it would be off.

Nope. Exit / reload doesnt end God Mode.

I've seen this im my game a bit before an just testet it now again:

Started my game, F1 > dm > Q > God Mode on. Flew around a bit, landed on my base, exited game without going out of God Mode first. Reloading the same game (also tested with completly ending 7 days before reloading the game) and God Mode Status is still shown on HUD, i'm not in fly mode but the character is still invulnerable. Jumping from my base and getting a broken leg that instantly heals. I also can walk over my iron spikes without getting damage. I have to do F1 > dm > 1st time Q > God Mode stays on and fly mode is now also on, i can fly around > 2nd time Q God Mode is off and stays off when logging out.

So the bunker that I made with all those auto turrets, mine fields, etc can now be made useless by way of a wrecking ball zombie spawning right behind me, one shotting me, then detonating his explosive to destroy my base and its bedroll potentially causing me to spawn 6 miles away with no weapons or ammo. Which when coupled with the fix to dying stopping bloodmoon spawns for 1 game hour meaning that for the rest of bloodmoon I could potentially deal with getting spawn killed by wrecking balls as the zombies can spawn while I am unable to move due to having to complete the obligatory "wiping sweat from the brow" animation that happens when spawning.

Fuuunnn

So the bunker that I made with all those auto turrets, mine fields, etc can now be made useless by way of a wrecking ball zombie spawning right behind me, one shotting me, then detonating his explosive to destroy my base and its bedroll potentially causing me to spawn 6 miles away with no weapons or ammo. Which when coupled with the fix to dying stopping bloodmoon spawns for 1 game hour meaning that for the rest of bloodmoon I could potentially deal with getting spawn killed by wrecking balls as the zombies can spawn while I am unable to move due to having to complete the obligatory "wiping sweat from the brow" animation that happens when spawning.

Fuuunnn

I don't get it. If you are killed again, zombies should stop looking for you again. Which means you have one full hour to wipe sweat from the brow.

Haven't heard about that one hour limit yet. Did you get that information out of the xml?

Fuuunnn

I don't think it is time based. I think it is simply if you re-engage with them or they see you. Also, why do you think that a demolisher will spawn right behind you inside your fortification?

I don't think it is time based. I think it is simply if you re-engage with them or they see you. Also, why do you think that a demolisher will spawn right behind you inside your fortification?

Because he put a top soil block there for that very purpose. Honestly, eating glass is an easier way to suicide.

Because he put a top soil block there for that very purpose. Honestly, eating glass is an easier way to suicide.

Alittle bit over the top?.....First of all, demolishers have weak melee attacks so chances of being 1 shot are low....😂😂😂

Maybe 3 shot? Whack....whack......BOOOM!!!!! 😂😂😂

Moin.

Nope. Exit / reload doesnt end God Mode.

I've seen this im my game a bit before an just testet it now again:

Started my game, F1 > dm > Q > God Mode on. Flew around a bit, landed on my base, exited game without going out of God Mode first. Reloading the same game (also tested with completly ending 7 days before reloading the game) and God Mode Status is still shown on HUD, i'm not in fly mode but the character is still invulnerable. Jumping from my base and getting a broken leg that instantly heals. I also can walk over my iron spikes without getting damage. I have to do F1 > dm > 1st time Q > God Mode stays on and fly mode is now also on, i can fly around > 2nd time Q God Mode is off and stays off when logging out.

True, because a while ago the god mode buff started being saved. Robert fixed in A19, but not sure if will be merged to 18.3.

Fixed: SDTD-11448 when in god mode, closing the game then continuing, you are still in god mode

Fuuunnn

The spawner minimum distance it can spawn near any player is 30m, so it would never be that close.

You have a respawn 30 second grace period before AI can target you unless you damage something within that time.

True, because a while ago the god mode buff started being saved. Robert fixed in A19, but not sure if will be merged to 18.3.

Fixed: SDTD-11448 when in god mode, closing the game then continuing, you are still in god mode

Can you make god mode faster please in the prefab editor and for test worlds please. Trying to test mods and going slower then a turtle with no legs I mean. I know Buddha is a God but can we have like a faster god to be please.......

Can you make god mode faster please in the prefab editor and for test worlds please. Trying to test mods and going slower then a turtle with no legs I mean. I know Buddha is a God but can we have like a faster god to be please.......

There is a item in dev blocks to make you faster if not a couple, jetpack or something.

Use shift+q (or whatever key you have god bound to) to teleport to where you are looking. My favorite way to fly.

Use shift+q (or whatever key you have god bound to) to teleport to where you are looking. My favorite way to fly.

In the prefab-editor, when work, the blocked ability to quickly move back and sideways - very much hinders.

Are you planning to unlock it at least for debugging tasks ?

@Faatal yeh the shift q isnt what i need in the prefab editor. a prefab is only so big.. Ok Ok even mine are ONLY sooooooo big lol but that shift q is as useful as not having god mode at all due to going waaaaay past spots i require and it be better to just go faster while in god mode to check things out etc in the prefab editor or even debugging mods etc

@Faatal yeh the shift q isnt what i need in the prefab editor. a prefab is only so big.. Ok Ok even mine are ONLY sooooooo big lol but that shift q is as useful as not having god mode at all due to going waaaaay past spots i require and it be better to just go faster while in god mode to check things out etc in the prefab editor or even debugging mods etc

Added: Flying mode can move faster (sprint) in all directions

Shift q moves you to the collider you are looking at. It should only move you far if you are looking at something with no collider, like the sky or distant objects.

Archived