Announcement: Welcome 18.2 b5 to stable!

Hated

Warning: Do not overload your forge (>30k) by smelting in new resources while queueing up recipes and cancelling them. This will likely result in a chunk reset and part of your base will be gone. A fix will be deployed to experimental

why you released stable with such a big bug, not everyone read the forum, and this experimental was like 2 weeks out so there was a time to fix that

what if I have 20x20 area that is walled off. Inside is terrain, so will they spawn there?

You need no more than a single piece of earth. They will all crouch out of that one, if necessary.

It's an Achilles heel, too, of course: If they destroy a single block above terrain where you didn't wanted them to spawn, they will do it from there. This can result in an avalanche effect.

Yes, that's the way you can get very controlled horde nights. You have to keep a certain distance though, hordes spawn in a distance of maybe 20...80 m from players. It was that way ever since hordes were introduced. I think to have read about them having reduced the max spawn distance a bit since A17 or A18.

So if you blanket the countryside with blocks, zombies will stop spawning forever? Too OP, patch out immediately :sarcasm:

Luckily, they can't do that without scrapping the tower defense aspect.

...Well. Hopefully they do not dare to think about the latter!

We want to let this lines of text vanish, don't we!?

Electric parts and mechanical parts are usefull items that cannot find easily, should make them crafteable again, or more lootable, thanks for the update

It's pretty easy to add them back with an xpath mod, if you want to go that route.

<Vomgnar>

<append xpath="/recipes">

<recipe name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="workbenchCrafting">

<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="1"/>

</recipe>

</append>

</Vomgnar>

BM and horde AI will not spawn on blocks that are not terrain. Terrain blocks have:

<property name="CanMobsSpawnOn" value="true"/>

What does that have to do with bedrolls though? If this change means that bloodmoon spawns will ignore spawn protection from bedrolls, I think this is a bad move. Anyone with a perimeter wall will get zombie spawns in there normal safezone.

The workaround would be to build our home bases further away from our horde bases...or remove all terrain blocks which would be annoying but doable....

Thankfully I have decided to finish my current play through on version 18.1 as my horde base is super near my home base...😂

Edit: Another workaround for me is to leave my perimeter gate wall open so the BM zeds a path out lol...😂😂😂

what do u mean with this ? xD cause my friend who owns the server cant client update on his side -_-

There is a drop down menu of all of the different stable versions to choose from. If you leave it on the "Opt out of all Betas" the game will attempt the most current stable version available, in this case which is 18.2.

Terrain Quality video option

? Will we have an option for Dedicated to restrict clients to a certain Terrain video level max?

So we can customize for performance?

Is this just a client based feature?

It is client side. The server does not know about the terrain objects a client creates.

What does that have to do with bedrolls though? If this change means that bloodmoon spawns will ignore spawn protection from bedrolls, I think this is a bad move. Anyone with a perimeter wall will get zombie spawns in there normal safezone.

The workaround would be to build our home bases further away from our horde bases...or remove all terrain blocks which would be annoying but doable....

Thankfully I have decided to finish my current play through on version 18.1 as my horde base is super near my home base...��

Edit: Another workaround for me is to leave my perimeter gate wall open so the BM zeds a path out lol...������

It means you don't need bedrolls to stop them spawning in your base, since if a base is not made out of dirt, they would not spawn their anyway.

Bedroll range is only 15m and it is just the last one you dropped, so it really depends on how your base(s) are built and what you were doing with your bedroll.

It means you don't need bedrolls to stop them spawning in your base, since if a base is not made out of dirt, they would not spawn their anyway.

Bedroll range is only 15m and it is just the last one you dropped, so it really depends on how your base(s) are built and what you were doing with your bedroll.

Is there any way or idea when a POI is taken over as a base to stop respawning zombies within ? I tried the bedroll but as you say it covers a little area only.

Is there any way or idea when a POI is taken over as a base to stop respawning zombies within ? I tried the bedroll but as you say it covers a little area only.

There is also a mod using DMT in the mods section just been released that stops them spawning again once cleared out of any poi

I looked in the blocks.xml and see that there are quite a few blocks allowing zombie spawns - two of which look somewhat problematic to me:

- farmPlotBlock , which is probably quite common inside a player base

- terrConcrete , which might be common if the base is built by taking over an existing POI

In my base I quite often have my garden on top of my base and might get an unpleasant surprise with zombies on the roof with the new update. :smile-new:

So this change might catch players off-guard who relied on the spawn protection of the bedroll and not having placed a landclaim.

Edit: I saw there is also a FarmPlotBlockPlayer, which doesn't allow spawns - so I guess my roof is safe and only POI farm blocks are affected.

Landclaim block.

Ahhh of course, why I don’t use them more often I don’t know.

How many we allowed to use may I ask ??? as I tend to have one down at my main base but use a POI as a second base for BM time.

There is also a mod using any in the mods section just been released that stops them spawning again once cleared out of any poi

Good to know thanks !

Warning: Do not overload your forge (>30k) by smelting in new resources while queueing up recipes and cancelling them. This will likely result in a chunk reset and part of your base will be gone. A fix will be deployed to experimental soon

Hi. I don't understand this warring. My eng is not to good :/

has anyone else noticed that a lot of the trees suddenly have only 1 health and they sprout wherever they please (ie in the middle of concrete blocks)?

That’s to do with using the same save file from 18.1 to 18.2 I believe.

I came across the same when my bullets started to stray and I was fellowing tree’s with one bullet.

Felt like that scene from Predator where they all shoot into the forest and the vegetation falls everywhere haha.

Archived