Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 minutes ago, Khalagar said:

I spawned in facing a jagged cliff that was like 30 blocks high and one block thick, so can confirm it still does some silly things. Thus far I've traveled over 2KM just to get to my trader and yet to see any other biome than forest,  did you guys make the forest biome bigger for the Noob Spawn Safety System™? I normally build in snow biome when I can, but may have just gotten unlucky with rng

I was also flying over a world (forgot the seed) and there was an elevated chunk with a kind of radio tower POI on top; the chunk reached over 40 blocks into the sky. So yeah, it still has its kinks.

Look at the image above to answer your final question. 😛

Just now, Khalagar said:

I spawned in facing a jagged cliff that was like 30 blocks high and one block thick, so can confirm it still does some silly things. Thus far I've traveled over 2KM just to get to my trader and yet to see any other biome than forest,  did you guys make the forest biome bigger for the Noob Spawn Safety System™? I normally build in snow biome when I can, but may have just gotten unlucky with rng

See my post above. but i ran 3 separate seeds in the RWG in game viewer and got this practically every time.  So yes, large forest:

image.thumb.png.c3ed1296d1d531e34a1f7f0288168e77.png

2 minutes ago, faatal said:

The forest biome is supposed to be in the center and you spawn in it and trader(s) somewhere in each biome.

Ahhh i see.  well that is cool then, we got our different biom traders. I can respect that.  But this is exp, so hopefully in the future the bioms are broken up a tiny bit more.... .... :) Kiddos are asleep and now i can finally play.  Thank you for your time. Happy gaming all!

3 hours ago, katarynna said:

Loving everything about a19 so far. It is vibrant and beautiful and runs smooth as butter.

The only issue I have come across ( which I was fine with but seems to be contrary to the progression philosophy) is treasure maps.

I found one on day one and between the dukes in the chest and the diamonds, gold and silver to sell, I got over 20k dukes. Since the trader inventory also hasn't been adjusted, I have a blue quality pistol, and a yellow double barrel shotgun and baseball bat.

If I was bothered by that, I just wouldn't have bought them... but I wanted them so i did lol.

But to keep stone age valid, the treasure map loot may need a look.

Fabulous job all around though. You guys do great work.

Maybe lower dukes and add in books? books are always sort after but often arent usable till later in the game where you can actually obtain what you need for them.

4 minutes ago, faatal said:

The forest biome is supposed to be in the center and you spawn in it and trader(s) somewhere in each biome.

Idk, that rwg screenshot certainly looks weird, maybe the biome thingy is not working properly yet .

15 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Idk, that rwg screenshot certainly looks weird, maybe the biome thingy is not working properly yet .

Yes, as mentioned i did 3 separate seeds (BelleS1119, BelleS1113, XN1952) and all very similar. Green square in the middle.  I did a fourth with just random numbers, thinking maybe it is because i was using letters and numbers and it looked very similar to the image i shared.  I apologize for not sniping each image.  But I promise, on my rig these are the results.  Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

5 minutes ago, Frostyxn said:

Yes, as mentioned i did 3 separate seeds (BelleS1119, BelleS1113, XN1952) and all very similar. Green square in the middle.  I did a fourth with just random numbers, thinking maybe it is because i was using letters and numbers and it looked very similar to the image i shared.  I apologize for not sniping each image.  But I promise, on my rig these are the results.  Just seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

I did this seed which I like.  All outside biomes have at least one city in it.

8K (10 traders highlighted on the map)

World Name: Hezudi Mountains
Original Seed: BeeryAilurophobes
Biome Weight (Snow): 1
Biome Weight (Pine): 2
Biome Weight (Burnt): 1
Biome Weight (Desert): 1
Biome Weight (Wasteland): 1
Data Export Time: 3 minutes 13 seconds
Total Generation Time: 17 minutes 26 seconds

7DtD-renderer (6).png

5 hours ago, NukemDed said:

anyone having trouble with quest to find trader? two out of two times both on pregen maps i follow the sprite and no trader...

trying my own random gen now

The trader prefab names changed. Its very likely you are trying an older A18 map here. Most of the map will work, but will miss the new POIs.

4 minutes ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I need some help, this keeps happening when i try generating a rwg, im not sure what im doing wrong?

7dtd_error_resize.png

Please submit bug report here:

https://community.7daystodie.com/bug-test-1/

Make sure to click the red banner at the top first so you provide all the correct info. Needed.  This will reduce back and forth delays with QA staff.

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Imagine an apocalypse happened and you couldn't get to it because it's inconvenient!

Human nature...lol

On a more serious note, it's great that you can still play and enjoy the game without going to the trader. (At least not until later)

Makes for a more challenging game but still doable.  More people should try it out. 😀

2 minutes ago, The Gronk said:

Flying to Canada and having to walk across the border is quite inconvenient though.  🙂

Maybe if the Hoarders wouldnt encumber themselves it wouldnt be such a slog.  In a past playthrough I had the trader more then 1km away and I still made it before sunset... 60 min days.  And that's with me stopping by 2 POIs on the way AND climbing over one mountain to get there lol...

3 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

I've had it with this broken questing system. I really want to enjoy just hopping from poi doing objectives and have a good time. The quest have me going so far and give so littler rewards I just can't do it. I invited my friend over to play 7 days to die and I wanted to do a quest. Bad first impression because by the time we picked up the quest and ran to it, it was not time. Dude was like fun game I'm going to leave now. Hearing you guys talk about new player experience and not talk about how much time it takes to do one quest. Just add at least one quest giver or quest board in every city. I would imaged that's not hard to implement. I would really like to quest but i should have to seek the traders to do so. It's not fun at all. Back tracking in a game where you can:

1. Break your leg

2. have a stamina bar

3. Drink water to improve maintain stamina bar

4.  over encumbered by weight

Really just put salt on a 1.7kb quest to and from.

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

2 minutes ago, madmole said:

What? All my quests are 300 meters to 1 km at most.  BTW, the game plays just fine without using traders.

Maybe I've just been unlucky, but over the past few days in A19 I've rarely been able to get one under 1km. And the close ones were about two doors down from the trader. Most of the ones offered have been 1km - 1.5km. 

My gaming partner was in streamer weekend, so in between making videos with him, I played SP permadeath to give random gen a workout since I was going to wipe for this morning's update anyway. So I probably tried about 5 or 6 different world seeds out, all 4k size. I generally do long days (90 or 120 min) in SP so the distance doesn't bother me that much but having more closer would have been welcome.

I'm guessing this question has come up before and sorry if it's been answered, but will we be able to Toggle ON/OFF the yellow markings of things? Seems like a small QoL change that should be there. 

4 minutes ago, Heggy said:

I'm guessing this question has come up before and sorry if it's been answered, but will we be able to Toggle ON/OFF the yellow markings of things? Seems like a small QoL change that should be there. 

You can just toggle them so that they are no longer active on your screen, like you would by toggling permanent waypoints. The option appears when you go to your map.

Edit: Map or the quests tab

Archived