Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

39 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

So I have to select "latest experimental - unstable build" in order to start A19 download?

Yes? No?

Read something about a stable version here as well, when will this be available? Does that mean Steam only does an auto-update when the stable version is out and if I wanted to update now I had to select latest experimental?

RWG: not impressed. "Random Biomes!" - generated 10 maps so far (8k's - taking about 15-20mins - there's 4 of us generating) and there's not much randomness to it.. Forest in the middle and the other biomes around that. And still hilly as all get out.

after 1-2 generations (per person), the map starts generating everything but the buildings, so restart seems necessary after generation

imgur: 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:39 AM, Worrun said:

@madmole Some of the items stack sizes in the game are quite insufferable (atleast in my opinion) but that aside, are there any plans to revisit this or increase the stack sizes of some items? 

Realism aside and bringing quality of life up front in mind

Nope, I tuned these in Alpha 18 and haven't noticed any problems. What items suffer a small stack size? Don't say ammo because ammo is heavy and a tactical choice to take multiple stacks.

6 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Well... @madmole , do you remember the data collection ? 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993374324/recommended/251570/

As I said, backlash is always there to some degree. People won't understand even if you put neon signs in their faces stating that you are handsome. They will always comment about the baldness.

Changing topic, any chance we get an ingame reporting tool in which we take a screenshot and write the report just below?

Not sure why someone would care that we want to know what activities players do in the game. Its not like we look at who did what, we just want to know how what percentage uses shotguns vs rifles, how people die, etc. Balancing the game good is more important than a bad review. A poorly balanced game will get lots of bad reviews, a good one will get lots of good ones.

6 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Well... @madmole , do you remember the data collection ? 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993374324/recommended/251570/

As I said, backlash is always there to some degree. People won't understand even if you put neon signs in their faces stating that you are handsome. They will always comment about the baldness.

Changing topic, any chance we get an ingame reporting tool in which we take a screenshot and write the report just below?

So dumb... Reminds me of people who think the Earth is flat... 
I mean, it's 2020, i bet google even knows how soft is his hair, and he's worrying about some game data TFP collects for balancing purposes.

Finished my first 120 min day and I'm very happy!  (Edit: Its still nighttime)

-My Strength/Club build is an impressive killer.

-The game looks better than the streamers and the zombies feel more real.

-Crafted my first blunderbuss with maybe enough ammo for two POI clears at my GS.

-Missions are all over 1km except for my first which was a clear (easy at low GS).

-60 minute days are probably better with food being so tight.

I expect once I find a lead mine, the zombies are doomed!  😁

5 minutes ago, TheHippo said:

When will the updates stop corrupting old save worlds? I thought Alpha 18 was going to be the end of that?

When the game goes gold and is released. You should always expect to have to start a new save in a new world for each new alpha. Sometimes you are required to do so multiple times during experimental release. If you aren't prepared to restart during experimental or when experimental goes stable, I'd highly recommend skipping experimental and waiting for stable. 

4 minutes ago, Annihilatorza said:

They have never said that it would stop doing that?

Until the game goes gold, be prepared to start a new world each alpha.

There was something like that stated in posts about Alpha 18 before it released?

So, how about A 20 ? 

Just kidding guys, the game feels so good, the new graphics and textures look really great and on place. At night time with a torch in a building is a whole new experience, can't wait to go further. 

1 minute ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

When the game goes gold and is released. You should always expect to have to start a new save in a new world for each new alpha. Sometimes you are required to do so multiple times during experimental release. If you aren't prepared to restart during experimental or when experimental goes stable, I'd highly recommend skipping experimental and waiting for stable. 

Yea i always wait till stable. I just thought I read something about Alpha changing to a stable framework 

Archived